PDA

View Full Version : 1471 - is this right?

mentalis
09-10-2007, 15:33
Someone phoned me and I missed the call... I got there just as the caller rang off.

I picked up the phone and there was no change in the tone to suggest a message. I did 1471 and the number was from an earlier caller.

I waited a while, and tried again as I thought it was odd that there was no indication of the caller. This time there was a 1571 message (I had not left the caller enough time).

Surely if my phone rang 1471 should have picked this up, even if they were leaving a message at the time. Even now 1471 has an earlier callers number.

Is this right?

PaulH225
09-10-2007, 17:53
Someone phoned me and I missed the call... I got there just as the caller rang off.

I picked up the phone and there was no change in the tone to suggest a message. I did 1471 and the number was from an earlier caller.

I waited a while, and tried again as I thought it was odd that there was no indication of the caller. This time there was a 1571 message (I had not left the caller enough time).

Surely if my phone rang 1471 should have picked this up, even if they were leaving a message at the time. Even now 1471 has an earlier callers number.

Is this right?

It's not right, but it's what happens if you have 1571 :(

When it diverts to 1571 voicemail then the number doesn't get recorded by the 1471 service, which makes it as useful as a choccy teapot..

Only time 1471 will give you the correct number is if you answered the call (or an answerphone at your end did) and then you know who called you.. Add to that the fact that a lot of places don't have caller id, it makes VM's phone service overpriced and lacking in features compared with BT.

</rant> :)

mentalis
09-10-2007, 22:16
I think the phrase I'm looking for is D'Oh!