PDA

View Full Version : more installation woes

jls
09-10-2007, 11:57
currently i use bt for phone,orange for dial up and sky for tv.i decided to put them together and was offered what seems to be a good deal from virgin.xl broadband, xl tv and talk unlimited for £49.95 for 6 months and £58.95 thereafter.installation to take place on 1st october.saw engineers the week before looking at junction box etc.at 17.30 on friday before had phone call to say there were construction problems and they would have to put off intalling until 9th october.i was then on the phone for 56mins.trying to get information.finally spoke to a person who was able to help.last thursday saw the engineers working outside clearing the blockage.last night engineer called to say they couldnt install as they hadnt cleared the blockage.he couldnt tell me why,or explain why the people on the previous week hadnt finished,or when the job would be done or when installation would take place.i rang customer services who promised to get installation manager to ring me.(hah).i rang again today nobody could give me information or could give me phone number of customer care manager,installation team or anyone who could help.sorry if this seems a rant but does anyone have a phone number or email address for steve stewart the managing director customer care who is happy to put his name on the letter welcoming me to virgin media.i do want to have virgin cable but they are making it so hard.thanks for reading this.

0049ner
17-10-2007, 10:06
I'm in the same boat waiting since the install on the 10th Sept to get it going. Due to revisit today [17th] its a nightmare. Why is it so difficult to ring or email them. Spoke to India but they have no idea. I suppose you could resort to snailmail which would match the speed of their responses! Good luck