PDA

View Full Version : Are there any happy Virgin Media customers out there?

|Kippa|
07-10-2007, 07:41
There seems to be loads of posts with people with conneciton problems and loads of miffed Virgin Media customers in the forum. I am just curious if there are any happy Virgin Media customers out there?

For me, I am on Virgin Media 20mbit. When I first got it I could get 18 mbit during the early hours of the morning, but when it came to about 5pm in the afternoon it went down to about 9mbit. That is until about 4 weeks ago, now I get a solid 18mbit no matter what time of day it is. I have even managed to get 19mbit on the odd occasion. I had the same sort of problems when I was on BlueYonder when they upgraded to 10mbit. It took them a while to sort it out but in the end they did alright in the end.

smallethic
07-10-2007, 07:55
It is always the complainers who hog the airwaves and there is no doubt that the introduction of the 20MB service was badly handled and gave just cause for a lot of grievance. That seemed to cascade down to the lower tier services too, and I suffered miserable evening speeds on both 2MB and 4MB services during the spring and summer. These problems seem to have been resolved and I have a rock steady 4MB service now - and this has been typical of my 5 year experience of NTL/Virgin.

The other cause of upset is the brake that has been put on the heavy downloaders during the evening. The theory of it seems fair enough to me seeing as no ISP can provide unlimited bandwidth at domestic pricing levels, though if I were an obsessive song collector I might feel differently. I question though just how typical such people are. Again, the noise they make may not reflect the experience or feelings of the silent majority.

Reading many forums over the years I conclude that no ISP is free of fault or complaint for very long and that Virgin (though not perfect) is definitely one of the best ISPs and I cannot see a case for moving elsewhere (ADSL is generally a more fault prone technology).

xpod
07-10-2007, 09:05
Reading many forums over the years I conclude that no ISP is free of fault or complaint for very long and that Virgin (though not perfect) is definitely one of the best ISPs and I cannot see a case for moving elsewhere (ADSL is generally a more fault prone technology).

Excatly the reason why i would`nt even consider moving myself.
We`ve certainly had our fair share of problems in only 19 months, including 3 months 2 weeks on 20Mb ......with far less than 20MB.
Our 20MB is not for heavy downloading though but merely so the whole family can potentially be online at the same time if needs be.
Which is very rare..

While i dealt with the lack of speed accordingly it was never the end of the world and i could`nt help chuckle at some of the suicidial seeming posts on here.

There are far more important issues in life..... likes who`s making my breakfast:D

Mick Fisher
07-10-2007, 09:18
I think the quality of the offshored TS and the 25p/minute charge to call TS have upset people just as much as the poor implementation of the 20 meg upgrade and the advent of traffic management.

I am retired so TM does not unduly affect me. If we regard the 3gig limit for the top tier as a cap, which strictly speaking it is not, then we have, approximately, a 90gig/month peak time limit and an unlimited offpeak. Put like that it sounds pretty good.
I get what I want when I want but to date have not exceeded the 3gig peaktime limit and so have never tripped the traffic management so you could say I am happy with it.
However I do feel for those who only use their machines at peak times, especially on the lower tiers with their present limits which make them only fit for browsing, emailing and the occasional bit of gaming (providing the conn is up to it) before getting TM'ed.

As far as the 20meg upgrade is concerned, well for me, except for at about 2.00am when it goes full chat I might just have stayed on 10meg. On average it's no worse but it's erratic going from about 5meg up to 15meg and back, a lot of the time during the day. At peak times it's between 5 and 9meg. Before I was on a rock solid 10meg all of the time.
So while not exactly over the moon I can't say I'm particularly unhappy about it.
Vm's peering arrangements seem to mostly perform in no worse a manner with the 20meg than they did with the 10meg and so share exactly my feelings as with the connection generally.

As for the chargeable offshored TS, well I am under no illusions as to their caperbilities and realise they are just there to record faults and book engineers visits. If the day arrives that I have to call them (and it surely will, how depressing), so long as I get no hassell about going through their stupid script, so long as they record the fault I am reporting, take the appropriate action and refund my charges without having an inquest then I will be happy. This has been the case in the past so I remain optimistic.
However if I experience the dreadful treatment as reported by so many then the next call I make will be to BE.
You will gather I am definately not happy about being charged to report faults on VM's network to the offshored so-called technical support.

Overall I am not ecstatic but do realise that it could be a heck of a lot worse. It is worrying, as I mentioned in another post, that the number of complaints seen on these forums seems to be increasing day by day. One would have expected that by now VM would be getting on top of the network problems caused by 20meg but instead things appear to be worsening.

SnoopZ
07-10-2007, 09:25
I guess i'm a happy VM customer, as i always get full speed on 20mbit, however i will downgrade to 10mbit to save money when/if they implement that.

I've got the XL tv pack as they offered me it for £1 a month for 12months and that seems to be running problem free also.

My only gripe is the s*** billing system.

Paul
07-10-2007, 11:37
There seems to be loads of posts with people with conneciton problems and loads of miffed Virgin Media customers in the forum. I am just curious if there are any happy Virgin Media customers out there

Don't make the common mistake of thinking that a few thousand complaints across forums is representative of the overall situation. Remember that VM has millions of customers, the vast majority of which never have problems, so never need to contact Virgin, and certainly don't hunt out forums to say they are satisfied.

JFYI, I'm also quite happy with my phone and internet. I don't have the TV.

blade85
07-10-2007, 12:27
Im perfectly happy with it. No issues since i first got it as telewest :)

AndyIggs83
07-10-2007, 12:39
Another happy customer here, I've never had a major problem with my services, internet connection is always rock solid, TV is also fine

n0c0ntr0l
07-10-2007, 12:46
I'm not happy when i Have a 250 ping to anywhere in the uk.

Ezbeans'
07-10-2007, 13:16
im very happy with VM i get 20mb all the time, maybe a lil drop @ peak times but nothing much, i pay 26pm,

Artemis
07-10-2007, 13:46
I'm happy enough at most times. They made a mess of my initial few bills, but after a few weeks of letters and emails (I'm one of these sods that refuses to pay the 25p phone charge! :D) someone phoned me and it was sorted in 10 minutes, and I was refunded the extra I'd been paying.

The only other gripe I've got is my connection plunging from 20mb to 0.2 now and again, but it's never given me real hassle. As long as it doesn't happen too often I'll not mind.

Impz2002
07-10-2007, 18:56
another happy customer here too. i pay £37 a month for my 20meg and it is flawless all the time.

I download about 70GB a month and i have never been shaped to my knowledge ! even when i go past the 3GB limit my speed stays constant @ 20meg

I think there must not be many VM broadband connections on my street/box as i never see any signs of my connection slowing due to the contended nature of the service.

In fact i would go as far as saying it feels like i am using a 20meg leased line all to myself :)

my download speed sits at 2.4Mb/s all the time !

Brilliant :)

Impz

ultimate
07-10-2007, 19:04
I am happy until last week, when my 4m connection drops to 2 or 3 in the evenings, from 7pm to 10pm. I can use the Manchester proxy, which will give me full speed, but then VM is trying to shut these proxies down... this is poo

Spoke too soon, the Manchester Proxies are half dead, I cannot get some webpages, only lead me to thr "proxy removal page", what a bunch of losers.

lowhydrogen
07-10-2007, 20:26
I'm fairly happy... will be even happier when the bugs in the V+ Box are fixed and sort out the pixelation!

always get my max speed on internet and never had a problem with the phone.

jailhouse
07-10-2007, 23:23
I am extremely happy with the V Mobile srevice. The rest i say, in my own opinion, sucks.

When this was BY i never experienced the problems i am having now. 25p PM to tell Virgin there is a problem on their line is disgusting.

jh

Cavarius
07-10-2007, 23:41
Very happy here. Connection is always running at atleast 19Mbps. Can't really give an opinion on the call centres though. I've only called once but that was on Telewest about a year ago. Got through to the UK centre and was pleased with the way my problem was resolved.

darkrage
08-10-2007, 00:19
There seems to be loads of posts with people with conneciton problems and loads of miffed Virgin Media customers in the forum. I am just curious if there are any happy Virgin Media customers out there?

For me, I am on Virgin Media 20mbit. When I first got it I could get 18 mbit during the early hours of the morning, but when it came to about 5pm in the afternoon it went down to about 9mbit. That is until about 4 weeks ago, now I get a solid 18mbit no matter what time of day it is. I have even managed to get 19mbit on the odd occasion. I had the same sort of problems when I was on BlueYonder when they upgraded to 10mbit. It took them a while to sort it out but in the end they did alright in the end.

no not happy - vm = bad online gaming

---------- Post added at 00:15 ---------- Previous post was at 00:14 ----------

Don't make the common mistake of thinking that a few thousand complaints across forums is representative of the overall situation. Remember that VM has millions of customers, the vast majority of which never have problems, so never need to contact Virgin, and certainly don't hunt out forums to say they are satisfied.

JFYI, I'm also quite happy with my phone and internet. I don't have the TV.

hmmm maybe they dont know how or only use 20m for browsing because they have no tech knowedge and thought it would be good

---------- Post added at 00:19 ---------- Previous post was at 00:15 ----------

another happy customer here too. i pay £37 a month for my 20meg and it is flawless all the time.

I download about 70GB a month and i have never been shaped to my knowledge ! even when i go past the 3GB limit my speed stays constant @ 20meg

I think there must not be many VM broadband connections on my street/box as i never see any signs of my connection slowing due to the contended nature of the service.

In fact i would go as far as saying it feels like i am using a 20meg leased line all to myself :)

my download speed sits at 2.4Mb/s all the time !

Brilliant :)

Impz

u lucky barsteward i get 2000kB which i know is 20m but once ive got 700m i drop to 200kB = 2meg ish

gadge
08-10-2007, 01:43
Im happy.

Mrcon
08-10-2007, 01:50
Im more than happy, downloading at 2.2MB right now.

Download about 20GB a day so im happy!

Planetgarb
08-10-2007, 04:52
Im happy with my XL service. The only gripe i may have is the high pings which keep getting me booted from online games

iTekweni
08-10-2007, 06:46
I was happy before the 20mg fiasco now I just live with the lousy speeds, never experienced these so called high speeds as advertised. TV and phone great.

Paul
08-10-2007, 08:52
hmmm maybe they dont know how or only use 20m for browsing because they have no tech knowedge and thought it would be good
As I recall, most VM customers do not have the XL service, I think the figure used to be well below 10%. Again, the sort of "power" users you find on forums are not representative of the whole. Based on the many people I know who have internet, e-mail and a bit of web browsing are the extent of use.

Itshim
08-10-2007, 08:53
Well at the moment I am. Had ups & downs but all is well ( famous last words!!)

quitefrankly
08-10-2007, 09:38
I wish I could say the same. I have been an NTL customer for years and have never had any problems. Life was great when I had 10mb and I mean a constant 10mb. My problem is that I never had the choice of whether I wanted to go to 20mb and pay an extra £2 for the pleasure. 10mb all the time was a hell of a lot better than 45 minutes at peak time of 20mb and the rest of the night at 5mb. Of course this isn't an every day scenario but it is quite regular (mainly due to the fact I have to make myself wait till midnight before I can do what I pay for)
Once again though I see people talking about downloading mp3's as some sort of gauge of useage. High Definition movies and Lossless audio are becoming more and more popular and if you think that an average Lossless album is about 500mb and a 720p x264 movie is from 4-8Gb then the current capping level doesn't give you much freedom.
This isn't something I will do every day but when I do want to then I will get halfway through my download and then reduced to 5mb which will end up taking the rest of the night!
When I had my 10mb connection atleast it would be a constant 10mb and therefore was faster than a partial 20mb. I personally would prefer the old style monthly useage limit.

Apart from this, and the complete mess they make with billing, and the awful customer support, I always get great speeds, never the full 20mb but nearly always 18mb (for 45 minutes a day, as I work and go to bed).

nutellajunkie
08-10-2007, 12:06
effing great services, shame the customer service is complete shaft [the foreign uneducated side].

Though I will be dropping my phone service after 12 years, as I completely disagree with their greed.

Uncle Peter
08-10-2007, 23:26
After 2 weeks of staggeringly poor speeds on the 20Mbit tier and suffering the ineptitude of tech support I'll be registering a formal complaint in the morning. I don't really want to jump ship so this course of action seems to be the only way to get anything done.

Fobbing the customer off until he/she shouts loud enough is not the correct approach towards customer service. It's a disgrace.

xspeedyx
08-10-2007, 23:33
As a emplyee happy and as a vm customer happy dont like the indian cal centres but hey never really had a problem

Angua
08-10-2007, 23:36
Happy with our lot. Hubby moans about the lack of program information, but we have telly pages for that (which as an addicted channel hopper he never reads) :rolleyes:

smeagoly1
09-10-2007, 09:29
I'm quite happy not 100% at the moment, I wasn't a few months back, regarding Broadband.
I have the full Montey TV, Landline, Mobile and BB. No problems with TV/ phone or mobile.
When i get in touch with a UK based technical support or customer care, everything is sorted straight away and they seem to listen to your description of the problem and not from the lets rip you off for 25p a min scrib sheet. Just e-mailing uk tech support regarding BB may have taken a few weeks, but It got sorted, new modem and then fixing my dropping on and offline problems. So for now i am a happy bunny with XL broadband.

BB when contacting via calcutta is just a joke. That side of things are letting VM down very badly, to the state i was going to get all dissconected and go via sky for their full monty.
Lesson to be learned there VM.... stay with UK based support if you want to keep your customer base. It does pay off in the end.

Numenor
09-10-2007, 17:18
Im satisfied happy with my service.

Full 20meg connection 24/7. Never had to call tech support once.......although......

Im not happy with Traffic Management, extremely unhappy with it in fact.

Im not happy with the Upload speed as it should be higher.

Im not happy that others do not get the service they pay for.

Im not happy that Virgin seem to be doing nothing to fix it.

janipewter
09-10-2007, 19:01
I was a happy Telewest customer. I am not a happy Virgin Media customer.

amateurfool
10-10-2007, 11:03
4Mb works 24/7, do not notice any traffic management even though we have 3 PC's sharing the connection.
V+ works 24/7.
standard Vbox works 24/7.
phone is extortionately expensive, which is why i make calls on my mobile instead.

Overall a very happy camper :)

multiskilled
10-10-2007, 11:34
I was very happy until I ordered a v+. I was given an installation date of Tuesday 9th which I confirmed at a later time with another call.
When installer didn't arrive, I phoned to find out why.After putting me on hold for 25 minutes while she spoke to some one they informed me that install was arranged for Thursday 11th, and there was no record of job for Tuesday.
Now if they had to change it why couldn't they inform me so I wouldn't waste a day's holiday. Instead they make it look like I made the mistake and got the date wrong.

|Kippa|
10-10-2007, 12:01
Perception wise BlueYonder seemed much better than Virgin Media. Maybe it is just because I have had some problems with VM with the 20mbit upgrade.

mentalis
10-10-2007, 13:30
Generally I was happy with ntl/am happy with VM, but it is beginning to look as though VM have noticed this and are trying to make me unhappy.

VOD: Both my V+ and V box said, over the weekend and Monday, that there was no catch-up TV of Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Yesterday they appeared.

VOD: Tried to watch Rocky over the weekend. When I checked through the day it was okay - when I sat down at night to watch it VOD kept erroring. Managed to get the HD Rocky eventually though - they'll have to try harder :)

V+: Tried watching some 24s I had recorded and fast forward through the adverts. But then fast forward would not stop...

On the plus side the 4Mb connection is rock solid, and the TV works most of the time.

TimIgoe
10-10-2007, 18:40
Theres one happy customer here.

Had it installed 2 days ago, while the installer arrived right at the end of teh allotted time zone he arrived, installed the lot ok. Took a bit of time on the phone to try and get things activated. All in all everything was ok there. Cable Modem, plugged in and working within minutes, vbox tuned and working a little after. Phone transfered within minutes - it took longer to re-wire the socket from BT to Virgin :)

Only worry I have now, is the heat generated by the Vbox, damn it gets hot.

Tested the internet speed, able to get just short of the 20Mbs speed I should.

One happy customer here, certainly beats the 'up to 8Mb' (read 3Mb - I'm half a mile from teh exchange, and was sync'ing at 8Mb) I was getting before over DSL.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/10/32.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

Graham M
10-10-2007, 19:15
Perfectly happy myself, have been since day 1! (6 years ago for the Internet - a few years before that for TV and Phone)

pigpen
10-10-2007, 20:35
Yeah I'm reasonably happy myself. I can see room for improvement of course (broadband speed is flaky at peak times & more HD TV channels please!), but generally speaking I've had no issues with Virgin.

UnReaL
11-10-2007, 00:58
Another happy customer here, I've never had a major problem with my services, internet connection is always rock solid

Same here!

thanosp
11-10-2007, 01:49
Same here!

Count me in please! :D

groobber
11-10-2007, 07:32
Same here, very happy with the service I have had for the last 5/6 years. Never had a major problem even after V+ was installed.

AndrewJ
11-10-2007, 07:40
I'm happy my phone is good my broadband is good the tv is having issues but i know thats down to a tired box of which they're going to sort out no questions so I'm good.

Hugh
11-10-2007, 08:15
Solid 4Mb bb, I like the V+, had a few billing issues that were soon sorted - on the whole, a happy customer.

Stop It
11-10-2007, 11:20
I was a happy ntl customer for years (2003 to 2006), before moving to a non ntl area, speeds were great (I started at 600k, before upgrading to 1meg, at the time the highest tier, before it became 1.5meg, then 3meg, then 10 :)) only had one period of ping issues, and never had any downtime other than maintenance.

Moving to today, I am now a happy Virgin customer, I had a few billing issues to start with, which were fixed finally thanks to assistance from a member here, but apart from that, things have been great, the 4meg tier is perfect for my needs, the XL TV package is great, having OD is nice and Setanta is a good like channel, overall, I am a happy chappy :)

lsproc
26-10-2007, 08:55
Ive been happy, since NTL Dialup (the one on the pink cd :D), and it was Diamond Cable before that

Everything stable, all perfect :D

Agent47
26-10-2007, 09:57
My web surfing is good, though the speeds can sometimes vary. I do get excellent speeds from newsgroups, I downloaded a 7.4gig file from astraweb servers and it took 50mins.

Roxyfella
26-10-2007, 10:05
I'm a Virgin Media customer, i smiled when i saw THIS (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitaltv/a78519/virgin-to-trial-engineers-on-motorbikes.html). Does that mean i'm happy?

Angua
26-10-2007, 10:14
Ive been happy, since NTL Dialup (the one on the pink cd :D), and it was Diamond Cable before that

Everything stable, all perfect :D
:rofl: Still got ours

strongy
26-10-2007, 10:15
i have to be honest and say i am totally satisfied with the service i have with vm i have been with them from april this year and not had any problems at all,i moved over from orange which was absolutely terrible every evening without fail it kept cutting me off every 5 mins and despite constant calls to there cs nothing changed so for me vm is a lot lot better.and remember most people only add there opinion when they are not happy not when all is well with the world.:)

mr_bo
26-10-2007, 10:25
I have had cable since 2000 and have had my fair share of problems but saw them through.
Until yesterday I was content with the product but due to billing issues and one extremely obnoxious cs representative I am disconnecting.
:mad::mad:

picklefactory
26-10-2007, 10:29
Sorry, but I'm not. Only been with VM for 6 days, so maybe things will be improve, but so far totally and utterly unimpressed. Ref my post below. http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33622925-cable-speed-connection-disaster.html

Magilla
26-10-2007, 10:47
It's gone downhill significantly since VM came into existance.
Offpeak I never get the rate I should be getting, usually around half to a quarter, and at peak it just dies horribly.

martsmall
26-10-2007, 11:20
telewest were great i never had a fault with em but then they became vm since then nothing bt probs but 2 b fair these problems could have been sorted quickly if any 1 @ vm knew what they were doing or even give a s**t about thier customers, enginner appointments not turned up, having 2 explain the problem over & over again on each cs phone call (when u finally get off hold ) & the immortal words "our computers are playing up @ the mo we cant get ur infomation"

im 1 of the unlicky ppl who live 2 far from a telephone exchange to get a good dsl connection i dont like vm & i dont want 2 b with vm its lack of choice !!!!!

Compaq3
26-10-2007, 12:00
Well i must say that i am extremely happy with VM i have never had a problem with them and their CS are very helpful, they are adding something new all the time especially pleased with all the OD content (beat that sky), so i cannot understand all the people having problems with VM..
Like they say you only ever here from people who complain when things are going wrong, you never here from people when things are going right..
So instead of spending your time on here moaning terminate your contract and go somewhere else, even then you will probably find something to moan about but you probably will not find better.. :D

picklefactory
26-10-2007, 12:18
So instead of spending your time on here moaning terminate your contract and go somewhere else, even then you will probably find something to moan about but you probably will not find better.. :D

If you read some of the posts on here you might find that the vast majority of people are, like me, not 'moaning', but trying to find help in solving unnacceptable issues that VM aren't solving, and being as I've only just connected to them, disconnecting would not really be a fantastic option either at this stage. The whole purpose of this, and many other excellent forums, is to provide much needed advice and assistance, not a vehicle for expressing moans.

welwynrose
26-10-2007, 12:23
I'm happy - only had a couple of problems in over 10 years

Axegrinder
26-10-2007, 12:32
Yep, we've had no major problems with our service, just the odd bit of downtime. Other than that i cant complain. :tu:

Berealwith
26-10-2007, 13:58
I have had problems this year and have been through hell and back trying to sort them out. It all happend when VM took over on telewest 10mb great and fantastic, VM 20mb pants big time then 25p tech calls to people who ..........Just ran off jumped in a swimming pool and screamed, and screamed...............ok back now but a bit wet.....what would help is could you post where you are (ie i deal with the preston exchange) just so i can see which areas are being affected, as some people are happy with VM.

picklefactory
26-10-2007, 14:14
I'm in Birmingham, for my sins, hope to be happy, but haven't got there yet.

Berealwith
26-10-2007, 14:21
I dont believe it VM has just emailled me to fill in a Feedback form ............................. ha haa

this is what i put... i will keep you updated if they reply

I don’t use your TV anymore (i just get the freeview side and i was going to get V-Plus) i don’t even have you tv cable plugged in, i have built a media center with 4 tv tunners in and it runs like a dream.. you lost sky one among others. Your phone is nothing to talk about much as the same as other providers.........And the main thing i am just about with you was i wanted "Unlimited Broadband", i also understand the fair usage policy, But i am still getting a reduced internet. This is totally unacceptable. I have first line experience with your tech help 25p a minute and i won’t speak to them anymore, it is so hard to get your people even to understand plain English. (i have tried and i cannot take it anymore)I am at the moment looking for new isp and phone provider (BT and BeUnlimited)

dojoman47
26-10-2007, 16:42
Totally happy, been on broadband since it was rolled out and hardly had any problems at all....

kin242
26-10-2007, 17:02
bloody furious- was told I could get 8Mb adsl- am stuck on 1Mb and have wasted a month trouble shooting my connection while virgin insisted there was a problem at my end (they didnt bother checking with the exchange!!!)

kryogenik
26-10-2007, 19:53
Haven't read through the all thread (yet), but I'm happy.
On 4mb through STB with L TV and phone. Connection is very, very seldom down. Speeds are always spot on with the medium I use. Surfing's a bit hit and miss sometimes, but hey.
Main thing for me is a connection to get email all day every day, and that's what I get.
When I want to download something I can, and at full speed.
Rang Broadband support the other day and after being told it was a charged for call, the guy was super quick in sorting out a problem for me regarding provisioning.
Been with Nynex/C&W, NTL and now VM since about '97 or so.
VOD has improved ten fold for me. Used to crap out loads but is now really quick.
My email address is linked to so many different things, I dread the thought of having to change to another provider, so I'm glad I don't need to.
I even spoke to an overseas call centre the other day about my bill and had that sorted with no problems too.
It's not all doom and gloom.

:edit: read the whole thread. Seems most are happy.
:)

homealone
26-10-2007, 22:41
Haven't read through the all thread (yet), but I'm happy.
On 4mb through STB with L TV and phone. Connection is very, very seldom down. Speeds are always spot on with the medium I use. Surfing's a bit hit and miss sometimes, but hey.
Main thing for me is a connection to get email all day every day, and that's what I get.
When I want to download something I can, and at full speed.
Rang Broadband support the other day and after being told it was a charged for call, the guy was super quick in sorting out a problem for me regarding provisioning.
Been with Nynex/C&W, NTL and now VM since about '97 or so.
VOD has improved ten fold for me. Used to crap out loads but is now really quick.
My email address is linked to so many different things, I dread the thought of having to change to another provider, so I'm glad I don't need to.
I even spoke to an overseas call centre the other day about my bill and had that sorted with no problems too.
It's not all doom and gloom.

:edit: read the whole thread. Seems most are happy.
:)

to be fair, 'happy' customers replying to a 'who is a happy customer' thread, shouldn't be taken as a measure of customer satisfaction ;)

- but in the context of the thread, I am 'happy', my 4Mb/s broadband runs at nominal speed, my TV is better now with VOD , the phone has never failed & my new style bill, this month, was correct :)

Tazfan
26-10-2007, 23:11
Im a really happy customer on 20Mb. Never had a speed issue unless its been a national one.

Exorcist74
26-10-2007, 23:35
20mb customer.... I'm a happy camper, you cant beat value for service:mad::mad:

Fri, 26 Oct 2007 22:32:34 GMT

Test 1: 1024K took 3485 ms = 293.8 KB/sec, approx 2421 Kbps, 2.36 Mbps
Test 2: 1024K took 3750 ms = 273.1 KB/sec, approx 2250 Kbps, 2.2 Mbps
Test 3: 1024K took 3718 ms = 275.4 KB/sec, approx 2269 Kbps, 2.22 Mbps
Test 4: 2048K took 8516 ms = 240.5 KB/sec, approx 1982 Kbps, 1.94 Mbps

Overall Average Speed = approx 2231 Kbps, 2.18 Mbps

jonifen
26-10-2007, 23:52
I'm happy enough with the service I get and to be honest, while I'd love to get it cheaper (who wouldn't?), its not really that bad value for money at the end of the day.

We have had our problems however, and the broadband support are (I'm sure there are many members of the team who are the complete opposite) nigh on useless, and the TV signal still jitters now and then.

Rone
27-10-2007, 15:33
Are there any happy Virgin Media customers out there?

Not many, but they are probably happier than most [bb users], if only just. ;)

SuperSix5
30-10-2007, 00:12
Yes i am very happy with my virgin BB, had 2 problems in 5 years and both were fixed within 2 days,
Tue, 30 Oct 2007 00:11:26 GMT

Test 1: 1024K took 2188 ms = 468 KB/sec, approx 3856 Kbps, 3.77 Mbps
Test 2: 1024K took 2140 ms = 478.5 KB/sec, approx 3943 Kbps, 3.85 Mbps
Test 3: 1024K took 2172 ms = 471.5 KB/sec, approx 3885 Kbps, 3.79 Mbps
Test 4: 2048K took 4344 ms = 471.5 KB/sec, approx 3885 Kbps, 3.79 Mbps

Overall Average Speed = approx 3892 Kbps, 3.8 Mbps :tu: