PDA

View Full Version : New Virgin customer - still not working after 5 weeks!

0049ner
06-10-2007, 17:33
Installation on 10th Sept. No service light on modem. Cannot register. Told by engineer Vista Install disc does not work. Engineer out to check box in street. Attempt manual install. Can't do that cable modem not working/connected properly. Ring CS engineer earliest booking 17h Oct. [Today 5th Oct] Question is this the normal service one must expect. Also they say will not be billed because that starts with connection/registration. Not very impressed so far. Seems to be no one to complain too.

utt
06-10-2007, 17:59
Did they explain about going through a manual registreation via
https://autoreg.autoregister.net

0049ner
07-10-2007, 00:09
Yes but the ready light on the Cable modem is flashing on and off indicating that the line is not connected, confirmed today by Virgin. When you type that autoregister string all you get in IE is page not found. Its so frustrating to have the engineer just leave things and not find out the cause of the the problem.

scott rich
07-10-2007, 13:16
i remember when i joind virgin about 6,7months ago and had to wait 7weeks just for a number port.....but since that i aint had that meny problems.....

MovedGoalPosts
07-10-2007, 14:39
When did you first complain to VM that the install didn't work, and when did the engineer arrive first time round?

Week and a half to get an engineer round again is very poor even by VM's standards. Have they given you any hint of what they are going to do. Might be a case of them redoing the cable, which isn't a standard task.

Is it only broadband you've had installed, or do you have other VM services too?

0049ner
07-10-2007, 15:19
They came back after the first week when I reported the thing was not working. The engineer said it was a Vista problem as the start up disc was no good and left. Being not very clever got 2 experts in and they said that the install could not proceed because the line was not connected. Rang again last Wednesday and they said it would not work until the 6th yesterday due to a Virgin systems / accounts upgrade. My 2 experts duly turned up and found the Ready light on the Modem flashing instead of continuously on as it should be. I rang India and they said the earliest would be the 17th Oct. I have subscribed to Broadband only service for £10-00 per month in the first year.