PDA

View Full Version : Upstream Transmit Power

chrisjones
05-10-2007, 16:02
Hi,
For a while now my Upstream Transmit Power has been around 58db, constant cut off's and issues with loading sites etc.. I did try to call faults several times but the number always rang out. Thought I would try again today so I looked up my modems details just to be sure and I noticed the levels have dropped to 41db.

Anyone know why it would suddenly drop down? Maybe a few knarked locals left Virgin on mass? :p:

Losttheplot
05-10-2007, 16:13
The upstream signal level is the signal level your STB has to send out to the UBR in the local hub serving you. The UBR sends signals out as well, but they are generic to everyone served by that UBR. The amount of signal getting to your STB from the UBR is the downstream reading your STB measures.
If your Upstream level has dropped then your STB is finding it a lot easier to talk to the UBR, so either the signal to noise ratio on the local cable network has improved (i.e. noise has been reduced), or something has been done to reduce the amount of attenuation between you and the UBR. Has your downstream value changed much as well?

papa smurf
05-10-2007, 22:58
maintenance

Losttheplot
05-10-2007, 23:14
maintenance

Something they don't do much of with the dwindling number of Network techs.