PDA

View Full Version : Another bad install

danuk123
02-10-2007, 19:19
Why me?

Sorry for the long post but this is what ive had to go through.

After being with NTL for a few years before moving to a non-cabled area and never having a problem with the service I thought I would join Virgin Media having just moved house again. How dificult could it be. Call up. they run a cable from the box opposite my house, under the road and down the garden. jobs a gooden as they say....Oh how wrong could I be.

First I booked the three services (2meg BB, Basic Phone and XL tv with V+) online and was told I would recieve an email within 48 hours confirming the order. 5 days later still nothing so I phoned up. The kind chap on the other end of the phone told me that booking on the internet can be slow due the lack of staff dealing with the online orders but would be happy to take my order again.

Great I thought. so I reordered everything. Gave my bank details, paid the £150 install fee and was told that I would be called back to arange an install date....Again no call back. So I called them again.

I gave my details to the Customer service bloke and after looking at my account it had turned out that the person I originally spoke to had cancled the order after I had ordered it all. KN*B

So I re-order ..Again, This time though his computer only comes up with £100 install fee (thats with the 3 for £30 deal - 2meg BB, Basic Phone and XL tv with V+) I was then given an install date for 13th between 9am and 12pm

Come 12.10pm the guy turns up and proceeds to Try to install the cable under the road to my house. It turns out there is a blockage in the pipe and he cant get the cable through. In the end there were 5 guys working at it but 2 hours later still no luck so they came up with a brain wave. why no connect the cable my neighbours box on the side of his house and run the cable round to mine as a temporary measure. my neighbour was happy for them to do this so I could get my services up and running.

They do this and then leave saying they will be back in a couple of days to install it properly. about 10 minutes later my neighbour comes a knocking saying his phone no longer worked. looking in the green box on the side of his house it turns out that the installers had completly disconnected him. He called them up to tell them and he's told it will be 4 days before anything can be done about it. obviously him angry and myself embarrassed I called them and told them to sort it out now as it was their fault and in all fairness they turned up in half an hour to fix it.

Still waiting to have the cable installed under ground I call up the other day and was prommised a call back..No call..so I called up again and lodged a complaint and am still waiting.

The end..well almost. Oh and I almost forgot, I was left the basic stb not a v+ as I requested

Dan