PDA

View Full Version : just tried customer support at 25p per min.

DOGNOSH
01-10-2007, 14:49
hmmmm:td:

so I ring to explain my modem locks up once in a while when I download files(less than 10% is torrent) and at the other end I get an indian gentleman I can hardly understand who was reading off an active script:rolleyes:

For 25p per min I expect an internet savvy engineer not a phone operator, very diappointed:td:

All I did today was to try and download a 33 meg movie(of a PC game) and I got locked , and my bandwidth usage is minute compared to the torrent pros:p:

So I explain that i have an old webstar 100(I think) and could it be related to that, to which the nice gentleman said "no, the traffic management policy is locking your modem":erm:

I also said I have had 10 meg since march and I have never even got close, more like 3 to 5 meg and that if I downgraded back to what I had I would save money for the same bandwidth

not ranting but explaining what happened , never the less I expect the VM fanboys to wade in, as they do in these threads(I have lurked:D)

to cancel the rest of my contract(TV, PHONE, INTENET) before march would cost me about £60 and I am sorely tempted

shame as I have always sang the praises of telewest:tu:

after costing me £2.50 I have got nowhere, and I was polite and not irate:rolleyes:

Acathla
01-10-2007, 15:27
I absolutely agree with you that for 25ppm we should get to speak to a technical savvy person in order to assist in resolving faults.

Although not generalising, there certainly will be some from tech support that know their stuff, although so many that don't unfortunately.

I am in the process of putting together a letter with evidence about my pathetic broadband speeds which will be sent to VM soon. I am hoping for an educated response which I can then work with VM to help improve the situation. We shall ee ;)

punky
01-10-2007, 15:39
Call retentions anyway. By the sounds of it, you aren't getting the service you are paying for so VM have breached their own contract, meaning you won't necessarily be penalised for cancelling early. Rententions might get the problem sorted or at least compensate you for the poor service you've received.

Tech_Boy
01-10-2007, 18:13
traffic management doesn't kick in till 4pm, so that shouldn't have affected you as you said that you tried to download it today & you posted at 14:49, and only 33 meg should not activate traffic management anyway.

All I can do is apologise for the shoddy service that you have recieved.

ECW_Original
01-10-2007, 19:01
All I can do is apologise for the shoddy service that you have recieved.

Are you by any chance a member of VM? as this is the line I always get on the phone when I call up to complain...

I say they are not sorry, they dont have to put up with it, WE do!!

Tech_Boy
01-10-2007, 21:06
I am a VM tech, on the ex NTL side of tech support, and I allways do my best for customers that get through to me.

Most customers say that they were chuffed to have spoken to me as the call is finishing, I say most as bad news about the pc/router or having to escalate issues to our 3rd level guys can leave customers less than happy.