PDA

View Full Version : Error 611

TommyB
01-10-2007, 13:44
Hi there,

We got virgin media 20mb BB installed at our house last wednesday, and upon running the installation CD it gives an error when registering the modem.

The error is quoted as 611 and says that there is a problem speaking with the subscriber database. I have tried and tried again, and even waited 4/5 days. But it still gives the error. I haven't tried ringing up virgin as i was hoping to find a free way to fix it online, but if i need to, i will. Any help/information will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tom.

fireman328
01-10-2007, 15:19
As no one else has tried to answer I will do my best to help. I have heard the regulars mention when things like this happen to switch off all equipment, switch on modem, then when modem lights are steady switch on all other equipment. Do not use the CD at all.

UncleBooBoo
01-10-2007, 15:58
But he will need to run the cd to register his cable modem for use on the virgin network????

Also if I am correct virgin media are updating the broadband billing system and therefore you will be unable to make changes to your broadband services or register until this is completed. (I think, I am sure I was told that!!)

fireman328
01-10-2007, 16:40
As no one else has tried to answer I will do my best to help. I have heard the regulars mention when things like this happen to switch off all equipment, switch on modem, then when modem lights are steady switch on all other equipment. Do not use the CD at all.

As I said in my reply, I tried to help until someone more technical arrived, it appears to be you.

UncleBooBoo
01-10-2007, 16:42
Me technical! :LOL:

fatassmichael
01-10-2007, 17:12
:welcome: to the forum TommyB, providing you are going to be using an ethernet connection, follow the instructions in this thread to register and get set up without using the cd.
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/94/33602415-how-set-up-your-ntl-broadband.html
Yes you are correct UncleBooBoo, ex-ntl regions are updating the billing system, so registrations will not be possible until this is complete.

TommyB
02-10-2007, 13:45
Thanks a lot guys, I'll give that guide a try when i get home (I'm having to do everything internet related in uni, annoying!).

This is a long shot, but does anyone have any idea how long their registration capabilities are going to be down? No problemo if no-one knows.

Thanks again.

Tom

fatassmichael
02-10-2007, 14:08
I think it is until 6th Oct.