PDA

View Full Version : Ford Puma Car Stereo Problem

Chris W
30-09-2007, 22:18
I have done a really stupid thing.

I've lost the security strip for my car stereo. Have searched my car, entire house and every pocket i have and i can't find the damn thing. I've come to the conclusion that i must have dropped it, but anyway the long and short of it is what do i do...

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a replacment strip or do i have to buy a new stereo? The local ford garage can't tell me if i can get a new strip- they seem more intent on selling me a new radio.

Any advice appreciated :)

punky
30-09-2007, 22:28
In all honesty, i'd buy a new stereo, given the prices. They are usually paired, and from memory only a handful of audio suppliers (only branded, like Alpine) will provide replacement panels. If you could get another strip from Ford, I doubt they'd be given cheap. Although you'd need to factor in the cost of the mounting kit. On the other hand they are now compatible with MP3 players and have card readers, etc.

The cheapest solution would be to buy another stereo from a scrapped Puma.

superbiatch
30-09-2007, 22:30
I have done a really stupid thing.

I've lost the security strip for my car stereo. Have searched my car, entire house and every pocket i have and i can't find the damn thing. I've come to the conclusion that i must have dropped it, but anyway the long and short of it is what do i do...

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a replacment strip or do i have to buy a new stereo? The local ford garage can't tell me if i can get a new strip- they seem more intent on selling me a new radio.

Any advice appreciated :)

Rather than deal with your 'stealership' maybe try Ford UK. They tend to want to keep their customers happy in my experience ;)

And i'm sure you can get just the strip as mine was faulty and i got it replaced IIRC

Hom3r
30-09-2007, 22:30
Sory what do you mean security strip?

do you mean the bit of paper with the code on it?

Check the manuals that came with the car/stereo

I have a place near me that when I changed a battery I had lost the codes, I proved that the stereo was mine they took it out when into there office 5mins later they gave me the code, cost about £10

Chris W
30-09-2007, 22:39
Part of the front panel removes so that the stereo is useless if stolen without that piece inserted.

I have got a Sony MD/ CD changer from my old car, but i don't want to use it because i like the fact that the Puma OEM stereo has a 6 cd changer in the dash, and like the fact that it matches the rest of the dash.

Will have a look at the scrappy, but i think i'm looking at £500+ for a new stereo from Ford. Will give Ford UK a go thanks :)

mr_bo
01-10-2007, 00:04
Hiya, I did have one knocking about in my garage or loft, bit late to go hunting now but pm me tomorrow to remind me and i'll look for it. If I find it, it's yours.