PDA

View Full Version : Ariel Liquid Tabs

Paul
30-09-2007, 14:52
This might be a really daft question, but my other half was looking at these the other day (not just Ariel, others as well) and no where can we find instructions on how you actually use them.

Do you put them in the wash and they burst open ?

Do you have to open them yourself somehow ?

Or is there some other trick we haven't even thought of ?

Angua
30-09-2007, 14:59
IIRC you just shove them whole in with the wash & the covering dissolves in the wash. No fuss no mess. There was at one stage fabric conditioner ones as well to use the same way :rofl:

BTW I think they were working on the principle that without the wrapper it was more eco friendly when the old ball in the was far more flexible and eco friendly.

TheDaddy
30-09-2007, 15:19
IIRC you just shove them whole in with the wash & the covering dissolves in the wash. No fuss no mess.

I have found that the covering hasn't been dissolving recently, it's been forming a sticky melted mess, particularly embarrassing when it's in your boxers :shocked: :mad:

Angua
30-09-2007, 15:32
I have found that the covering hasn't been dissolving recently, it's been forming a sticky melted mess, particularly embarrassing when it's in your boxers :shocked: :mad:

Probably also important not to use them with a large load in that case ;)

MadGamer
30-09-2007, 15:35
I have found that the covering hasn't been dissolving recently, it's been forming a sticky melted mess, particularly embarrassing when it's in your boxers :shocked: :mad: Yep, quite true as my mum has found that it also sticks to other items of clothing, such as jeans.

Shaun
30-09-2007, 18:29
whatever you do, don't let them get wet, you'll end up with a big splodgy mess! I know, it happened to me. :(

punky
30-09-2007, 19:35
I use these all the time. You just put them in the middle of your washing and turn it on. The plastic covering dissolves on contact with water. I haven't had a problem with them not dissolving fully.

SMHarman
01-10-2007, 03:40
in the bottom at the back, that way they start disolving as the water fills and they dont end up getting into the door seal.

Roy MM
01-10-2007, 03:54
Don't overload your machine, they get trapped between clothes and will not disolve fully hence the sticky mess.

(Tip by Mrs Roy MM)