PDA

View Full Version : Computers crash...

dragon
29-09-2007, 12:15
Sometimes I think I have some kind of aura around me that makes computers and other electronic stuff go wrong :(

Went to draw some money out earlier (was only £10) and the blooming cash machine locked up on transation processing :rolleyes:

Was one of those ones in a store, so the manager phoned the helpdesk who did something to make the thing reboot and i got my card back, Helpdesk said it wouldn't have gone out my account, checked my bank statement online and it showed up as a withdrawal. (managed to do that without that crashing)

Went and saw the bank and they said wait till Tuesday to see if it goes back in and if not contact them then :rolleyes:

Its not just that though It always seems that for some reason computers like to go wrong around me even if I don't go anywhere near then being in same rooms often enough :p:

Anyone else ever get days like that?

MovedGoalPosts
29-09-2007, 14:25
Not really an IT issue, more of a Lifestyle hardship so I've moved the thread.

The banks tracking systems do I believe get audited to see how much money is in the cash machine compared to the "tally". Once the systems been checked I'd expect you'll see a credit, but you may have to prompt them again.

xpod
29-09-2007, 15:56

I think anybody who`s ever used "electronic stuff" will have had a day like that at some point or another,many many days in many many cases even:)
I`ve had trouble with traffic lights recently,they keep going red on me for some strange reason.It`s like they wait for me to get close enough without actually being close enough to just carry on through.

Does that count:p:

As far as the actual computers are concerned though i can honestly say that i must have had some of the best luck that any pc using newcomer could ever possibly have had during the 18-19 months ......the last 14 of them especially.

I often think of all those years of potential fun i`ve missed out on since the Commodore64 i had as a spotty faced 15Yr old to those first Windows pc`s last year.....then it dawns on me.

I came back along at just the right time........6.06;)

Nidge
29-09-2007, 15:59
Sometimes I think I have some kind of aura around me that makes computers and other electronic stuff go wrong :(

Went to draw some money out earlier (was only £10) and the blooming cash machine locked up on transation processing :rolleyes:

Was one of those ones in a store, so the manager phoned the helpdesk who did something to make the thing reboot and i got my card back, Helpdesk said it wouldn't have gone out my account, checked my bank statement online and it showed up as a withdrawal. (managed to do that without that crashing)

Went and saw the bank and they said wait till Tuesday to see if it goes back in and if not contact them then :rolleyes:

Its not just that though It always seems that for some reason computers like to go wrong around me even if I don't go anywhere near then being in same rooms often enough :p:

On your statement it will show a withdrawal then underneath it will show a credit of £10, the same happened to me a few weeks ago at Morrison's, I put my card in chose how much I wanted waited and waited then all of a sudden my card came back but the money didn't appear the message on the machine said this machine is out of order, I had to use the other machine next to it, I got in touch with Barclays who said don't worry you won't lose any money, when my statement came through it said £40 withdrawn and £40 credit.

dragon
29-09-2007, 16:36
On your statement it will show a withdrawal then underneath it will show a credit of £10, the same happened to me a few weeks ago at Morrison's, I put my card in chose how much I wanted waited and waited then all of a sudden my card came back but the money didn't appear the message on the machine said this machine is out of order, I had to use the other machine next to it, I got in touch with Barclays who said don't worry you won't lose any money, when my statement came through it said £40 withdrawn and £40 credit.

Hah i've had it before where it didn't credit it back and I had to go see the bank hence why i'm slightly apprehensive ;)