PDA

View Full Version : My Blog Rant

Barewolf
26-09-2007, 18:35
Posted this in my blog, thought it might start a debate.....

I had to ring the DHSS up for a loan as I am skint, so skint I couldn’t afford to buy a bag of crisps and I hate to ask but desperate times and all that. Anyway I have 4 numbers I have to ring and you NEVER get through, what gets me is it says “Press 5 to use the recall feature” so instead or redialing every 5 seconds I pressed 5 as it said only to be met with “I’m sorry the redial feature is unavailable” at which point I nearly flung the damn phone across the room. I think they do this to annoy people, what other reason could there be? Answers on a postcard please.

Anyhow, 2 hours I tried and I rang up the job center and got through to some idiot and I explained I had tried for 2 hours with no success, in a snotty voice he replied “Keep trying they are there to help you” so I said, “Well they are not helping much by not answering are they”. I am terrible I know but I can’t resist the urge to annoy them if they don’t speak to me properly.
I am just skint and I can live without the loan but there’s single women out there with kids and maybe need a loan for nappies and they are probably stood in a phone box going through what I went through and it’s not right. And I know how hard it is as we had a little corner shop where I live and it sold everything. I was stood in there one day waiting to pay Martin (Shop Keeper) for my supernoodles when a woman ran out of the shop with a pack of Huggies. She was only about 17. Martin shot round the counter and instinct made me drop my noodles and create a diversion, I wanted to give her a headstart. I don’t know why that sticks in my mind a lot, I felt so sorry she had to resort to that and so annoyed that Martin chased her, he left me in the shop with no one around, not wise as he was gone about 5 minutes. He told me afterwards he chased her to the end of the road and probably would have caught her if I wasn’t in the way. OOOpppps.
I don’t condone stealing but when the child is suffering then I turn a blind eye. What gets me is if he had caught her he would have rang the police, they would have put her up in court for shoplifting and probably get off but if she did she has to pay £50 court costs which she wouldn’t be able to do so she would then be back in court, end up doing 6 months in prison, the child or children would end up in care and scarred for life, she comes out in 6 months no better off except now she has a criminal record so if she wanted to get a job she can’t. So then she turns to drink and depression and social services take her kids away, she ends up hanging herself, the kids grow up without a Mum and Dad and turn to crime as an escape, and so the cycle of society changes thanks to 1 stuck up shop keeper who is living a comfortable life.
*steps down off the soapbox*
Infact NO
*Gets back on it*
I blame the government, because they don’t give you enough to live on anyway. They give you £90 a week if you’re lucky. If you smoke then majority of that goes back to them anyway. They screw you over so much it’s a joke.
Recycling for example……†¦.(Here we go they say)
I have a bin in my room, If I have a beer I chuck my tins in it, and I smoke so I empty my ashtray in it. That’s what bins are for…….BUT†¦Ã¢â‚¬Â¦.come Wednesday every 2 weeks the binmen come and they wont take bags or bins with mixed stuff, SO……..I have to route in my bin and separate it all, Cans in one bin, fags and paper in another, plastic in another. GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So what do the Council actually do then? It used to be once a week now its once a fortnight, you are limited to how much rubbish you generate and how much they take, to top it off you have to separate everything doing their job for them. What exactly are the government paying them for? FA!!!!!!!
So Mr Brown if you’re reading this, you suck, Labour Sucks, Conservative Suck, You all suck. The only good thing you did was make the Bankruptcy easier to file for when I needed it, but even so you charged me £320 to go bankrupt which is a tad stupid considering I’m on benefits and I was too poor to bloody pay the £320. Did it not strike the government that people going bankrupt actually might not be able to afford it? HOLY CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!
And who’s pockets get lined with the £320? Hmmmm, Don’t make me angry.
*Steps off soap box* Right I’ve said enough, my brain aches now.

UncleBooBoo
26-09-2007, 18:41
Your going to get slaughtered! :D

And I think this is going to end up a long thread about benefits and how everyone who claims them should get a job or drop dead and save the tax payers money!! :dozey:

And no I do not claim benefits, we work but I have been on JSA before and would not wish it on anyone! :(

Maggy
26-09-2007, 19:14
We have been in the position of him being on JSA and getting nothing...We ended up with a huge CC bill last year because this was during the 4 months I get little work/pay because of suspended GCSE timetable/school summer holidays.

It's not a catch all system at all.Yes there are those that abuse the system but there are far more who don't.And before any one calls me a scrounger I've never claimed any unemployment benefits even when I was entitled to do so.

dilli-theclaw
26-09-2007, 19:18
I am still on benefits and it does look like I will be for some time to come, yes I feel like a scrounger nad have been called one frequently.

AM I one - who knows.

HHHmmm I had trouble claiming what I was able to only in that I didn't KNOW what I could claim and it seemed I was supposed to be psychic about it.

Shaun
26-09-2007, 20:34
I blame the government, because they don’t give you enough to live on anyway. They give you £90 a week if you’re lucky. If you smoke then majority of that goes back to them anyway. They screw you over so much it’s a joke.

Do you really think the goverment should give you money to spend on booze and fags?

Essentials yes, booze and fags, no. Sorry it may be hard but that's life. :(

Mr_love_monkey
26-09-2007, 20:46
I blame the government, because they don’t give you enough to live on anyway. They give you £90 a week if you’re lucky.

Just curious - are you looking for work?

Alanmelon
26-09-2007, 20:52
I have a bin in my room, If I have a beer I chuck my tins in it, and I smoke so I empty my ashtray in it.

Enough money for beer and fags but not a packet of crisps? Also, I don't know how you can compare someone's need for essentials like nappies for their babies and another's need for a loan for fags, beer and crisps.

So what do the Council actually do then? It used to be once a week now its once a fortnight, you are limited to how much rubbish you generate and how much they take, to top it off you have to separate everything doing their job for them. What exactly are the government paying them for? FA!!!!!!!

Surely it's us tax payers who provide them money via council tax? Do you actually pay council tax when on benefits? If not, I'm not sure there's much of a case to complain about this.

So Mr Brown if you’re reading this...

I'm sure he is....:erm:

Paul
26-09-2007, 21:06
Only £90 a week, for doing absolutely nothing - that's terrible. :dozey:

I bet they don't provide you with a free car or holidays either - it's just not on - I just don't know how you survive :rolleyes:

dilli-theclaw
26-09-2007, 21:12
£90 a week!!! - I don't get that :(

UncleBooBoo
26-09-2007, 21:28
I never got that either???

When I claimed I got £40 odd quid a week! That was it!!

superbiatch
26-09-2007, 21:39
Since the day i left school i've spent 3 days unemployed. I went to see about JSA or whatever it was then and they gave me a 'book' to fill in (for 3 days dole), at this point i was about to start a new job so thought i'd claim my entitlement to see me through til payday - i gave them their paperwork back incomplete and walked out. Thankfully have never had to do it again. I've got better things to do with my time.

Why can't you get a job barewolf? There are jobs about, maybe you need to lower your standards a bit, or be a bit more flexible.... I did and it paid off in the end ;)

I feel for people who stuck in a dead end jobs or claiming benefit because they are nearing retirement or disabled (in an obvious way to an employer), single mothers or transgenders. Even tho its not right to discriminate it does happen :(

Sirius
26-09-2007, 21:39
First post on this topic for the night

Don't bloody complain that you don't have enough to smoke GIVE THEM UP. I did after 30 years so if i can anyone can.

Second post on this topic for the night

If you want to live then buy FOOD not BEER

Third post on this topic for the night

Don't complain about Council tax if you don't pay it. If you are on benefits i was under the impression that you don't pay council tax if you do no work at all.

Lastly if you want to have FAGS and BEER then go out and get a job so you can buy them.

Now flame me all you want for being the nasty person .

Tightscot
26-09-2007, 21:49
man get a job. Simple as that tbh. even if it's not a career or your ideal job, working for and earning your own money is far better than sponging off the government.

if you're so skint how can you afford to smoke?

if you're so skint how can you afford to have internet/pc etc etc?

1 stuck up shop keeper who is living a comfortable life. - who no doubt works damn hard to give himself what you may class as a comfortable life

you seem to be quick to moan about all sorts of things that happen to you, why not get off your behind and start channeling some of that energy into improving your situation?

sorry if that sounds a little harsh, but life is tough. end of.

You have to be prepared to put something in in order to get something out.

UncleBooBoo
26-09-2007, 21:53
single mothers or transgenders. Even tho its not right to discriminate it does happen :(

My mother was a single mother with four kids and she managed to work! and that was before the days of working/child tax credits! All she got was £30 odd pounds child benefit on a tuesday!

Single mothers are on a good screw when it comes to benefits! more so than those unemployed and they use the excuse I have kids!! Well stop bloody having them then.

Christ when I go to pick up my kid from school you should see all those chav mothers smoking and swearing waiting for their 10 kids to come out and half of them are teenagers themselves!

superbiatch
26-09-2007, 21:58
My mother was a single mother with four kids and she managed to work! and that was before the days of working/child tax credits! All she got was £30 odd pounds child benefit on a tuesday!

I agree, its not impossible is you're willing to put in the effort ;)

For me personally i have to work, if a little'un comes along one day and i'm single, i'll manage - simple as that. There is no way on this earth i'd settle for accepting benefits and staying at home all day but that is just my opinion :)

UncleBooBoo
26-09-2007, 22:06
You tend to find those who comment about how people are getting too much money etc... on benefits are those who have never experienced it! (I have and I never got a lot of money. Just because one person does well it does not mean that is across the board!)

There are people who abuse the system, more often those people are claiming the sick or women who keep having kids in order to get benefits without the need to look for work!

jellybaby
26-09-2007, 22:10
Didn't recently get a new camera ????

UncleBooBoo
26-09-2007, 22:12
Who?

jellybaby
26-09-2007, 22:14
Barewolf

UncleBooBoo
26-09-2007, 22:16
Funny enough so did I!

I was thinking how did you know that? Not that it matters as I work. lol

Sirius
26-09-2007, 22:20
?
Will this thread go the same as your other thread you made last night if its not to your satisfaction.. ?????

---------- Post added at 22:20 ---------- Previous post was at 22:17 ----------

You tend to find those who comment about how people are getting too much money etc... on benefits are those who have never experienced it! (I have and I never got a lot of money. Just because one person does well it does not mean that is across the board!)

There are people who abuse the system, more often those people are claiming the sick or women who keep having kids in order to get benefits without the need to look for work!

I have been on benefits and i made dam sure that i got off them as fast as i god dam could.

Ramrod
26-09-2007, 22:30
I had to ring the DHSS up for a loan as I am skint, so skint I couldn’t afford to buy a bag of crisps and I hate to ask but desperate times and all that. Get a job at McDonalds....like I did...I was stood in there one day waiting to pay Martin (Shop Keeper) for my supernoodles when a woman ran out of the shop with a pack of Huggies. She was only about 17. Martin shot round the counter and instinct made me drop my noodles and create a diversion, I wanted to give her a headstart. You helped her to steal?! :erm::dozey:.....and so the cycle of society changes thanks to 1 stuck up shop keeper who is living a comfortable life. ...a stuck up, hardworking, 14 hour a day, working his nuts off shopkeeper? :dozey:

I blame the government, because they don’t give you enough to live on anyway. They give you £90 a week if you’re lucky. If you smoke then majority of that goes back to them anyway. They screw you over so much it’s a joke. So you shouldn't be smoking then? :dozey:
Recycling for example……….(Here we go they say)
I have a bin in my room, If I have a beer I chuck my tins in it, and I smoke so I empty my ashtray in it. That’s what bins are for…….BUT…….come Wednesday every 2 weeks the binmen come and they wont take bags or bins with mixed stuff, SO……..I have to route in my bin and separate it all, Cans in one bin, fags and paper in another, plastic in another. GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So what do the Council actually do then? They don't sort your rubbish out into different bins m8! :rolleyes: The only good thing you did was make the Bankruptcy easier to file for when I needed it, but even so you charged me £320 to go bankrupt which is a tad stupid considering I’m on benefits and I was too poor to bloody pay the £320. Did it not strike the government that people going bankrupt actually might not be able to afford it? HOLY CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm wondering if you declared yourself bankrupt whilst owing other struggling self employed people money?.....that they didn't get payed.....

Sirius
26-09-2007, 22:40
Get a job at McDonalds....like I did...You helped her to steal?! :erm::dozey:...a stuck up, hardworking, 14 hour a day, working his nuts off shopkeeper? :dozey:

So you shouldn't be smoking then? :dozey:
They don't sort your rubbish out into different bins m8! :rolleyes: I'm wondering if you declared yourself bankrupt whilst owing other struggling self employed people money?.....that they didn't get payed.....

As usual excellent posts straight and to the point :tu:

How much of this is attention seeking after last nights posts

Shaun
26-09-2007, 22:43
After reading my PM's I'm unsubscribeing, I can do without reading about another attention seeker. :rolleyes:

Ramrod
26-09-2007, 22:45
Will this thread go the same as your other thread you made last night if its not to your satisfaction.. ?????I was wondering where my post went!

v0id
26-09-2007, 23:00
Why did the shopkeeper give chase, leaving the shop empty unless they're too tight to get CCTV?

Why was this girl stealing nappies, most [if not all] local authorities who run a recycling programme give out free cloth nappys.

£90 a week is more than enough to live on with change, why the need for a loan of the DSS? :/

Mr_love_monkey
26-09-2007, 23:19
I was stood in there one day waiting to pay Martin (Shop Keeper) for my supernoodles when a woman ran out of the shop with a pack of Huggies. She was only about 17.

Of course she may have just been stealing them to sell on?

Ramrod
26-09-2007, 23:26
Why did the shopkeeper give chase, leaving the shop empty unless they're too tight to get CCTV?So you are saying that if a shopkeeper doesn't have cctv installed as a matter of course, they are tight?!
I'm amazed that you appear to think that we should have cctv installed as standard because there are thieves about.....what next.....the shopkeeper is actually responsible for the thieving because they have goods displayed in their shops?! :rolleyes:

Sirius
27-09-2007, 06:52
what next.....the shopkeeper is actually responsible for the thieving because they have goods displayed in their shops?! :rolleyes:

Now Rammy don't give the buggers idea's, It will be another reason to blame the Victim. Remember the wishey washy libs ideals are, weak on crime tuff on the victims of crime :LOL:

lostandconfused
27-09-2007, 11:10
I think benefits are a good idea, for people who genuinly cant work because of illness or disability.

But the excuse i cant find a job, doesnt really wash with me, there are plenty of jobs out there, and im sure if all benefits were stopped then everyone on benefits would find one pretty quickly.

I never had dreams of working in a call center or a nightclub as a kid, but it pays the bills. People seem to think that work is something that you should enjoy doing. Its not. Work is something you do to be able to live and hopefully enjoy the other part of your life. If you do enjoy work, then its a bonus.

The reason some people dont want to do menial jobs is because they have a choice, they can do some hard work or stay at home and watch TV all day.

I think the benefit system needs a complete overhaul, how about instead of giving the £90.00 a week in cash, howabout giving them in vouchers for a supermarket that cant be exchanged for things that would be classed as luxury such as alcohol and cigarettes?

And for people who say, well you've never claimed benefits, you dont know how hard it is. Your right ive never claimed beneifts, because i have taken whatever job is available so i can pay the rent and put food on the table.

I would challenge anyone, that there are no jobs available in there area that require no formal education, no experience, in thier area. Granted you may need to cut down on the tings you do now, such as smoking, but as you gain experience you can increase up the pay scale, and it will give you much more satisfaction knowing that you have actually earnt something rather than relying on hand-outs once a week.

UncleBooBoo
27-09-2007, 11:53
I disagree with what your saying to some degree, first of all there are very few jobs in Swansea! I have been unable to get one for the past couple of years! (I have to travel 40 miles (one way) by train every day to go to my job)

OK not every area is the same!

All the factory jobs or most anyway in my area are done by foreigners! (Not being racist but they are!)

My neighbour is a manager at one such factory and he could not even get me a job when I was unemployed because they only employee foreigners usually through agencies so they can ship them in by the bus load and get rid when it suites them!

My wife has had a couple of jobs "cleaning" every job she has worked at would on give 15 hours or less, and she was the only British worker there!

Why? You tell me!

As for benefits, you should be glad they are there because one day you might need them just like I did or others like me!! And if you don't your children or grandchildren might!!!

As for this give them vouchers, well it sounds like a good idea but how are people going to pay things like gas, electric, water, telephone with those?

All that will do is make crime rates a lot higher!! Cause people will commit more crimes to get money to feed their addictions!

Barewolf
27-09-2007, 12:12
Hehehehehe. Right. I wake up to this do I. Hmmm

I didnt help her steal i just felt sorry for her, but anyway it was a rant, was supposed to make you laugh.

I can't help being on benefits at the moment but I was complaining about the services the DHSS offer :)

Who said i was going to get slaughtered again? you were right mate lol.

I wonder what todays blog will flare up ;)

Fingy
27-09-2007, 12:22
Snip

LostandConfused lives in Swansea?

I have quite a few mates from the Cardiff and Swansea areas and none of them seem to have trouble finding a job. One friend just went back to work after having an extended time out to have her baby and she seemed to find a job easily enough. :shrug:

dilli-theclaw
27-09-2007, 12:22
Hehehehehe. Right. I wake up to this do I. Hmmm

I didnt help her steal

Yes you did by delibrately getting in the way of the shopkeeper

i just felt sorry for her,

This is a good enough reason to aid a theif then?

but anyway it was a rant, was supposed to make you laugh.

Personally I don't think being stuck on benefits that funny, but I guess whatever floats your boat.

I can't help being on benefits at the moment

Can't you? Why?

but I was complaining about the services the DHSS offer :)

Maybe you could be more specific?

Who said i was going to get slaughtered again? you were right mate lol.

Then I hope you don't get another penny from benefits - but unfortunately I'm sure they'll keep paying you.

I wonder what todays blog will flare up ;)

I guess that depends what you lie about then retract again to get some attention.

You tell us.

Barewolf
27-09-2007, 12:33
Hmm Jefferson got out of the wrong side of bed I see.

OK Jefferson. I can't help being on benefits because I suffer with Agoraphobia therefore i am classed as Disabled. Although I do go out going to the shop is a nightmare as I suffer intense fear.

I wasn't saying being on benefits was funny i think you missed the point a little which was probably my fault, my blog usually consists of rants and humour, I guess you need to read the entire blog to get what I mean.

My comment about the DHSS services was that there is only 4 numbers that you can call and they are constantly engaged, for a single mother in desperate need to get a loan to cover her child in a nappy this is not good, i have images of a poor woman in a phone box ringing the number while her baby cries because it needs changing, my situation wasnt as critical but until you end up in that situation you can't realize.

I fail to see your last comment, exactly how am I lieing about my rant and what do you mean attention? I am writing my blog as its amusing to others to read, i posted it here because i thought it might give people a laugh, perhaps even a debate on the subject which seemed to work with the exception of your last post.

But then again what the F8ck do I know?

dilli-theclaw
27-09-2007, 12:40
Hmm Jefferson got out of the wrong side of bed I see.NO I didn't I responded to your thread/posts as I read it - if you don't want comments DON'T POST.

OK Jefferson. I can't help being on benefits because I suffer with Agoraphobia therefore i am classed as Disabled. Although I do go out going to the shop is a nightmare as I suffer intense fear.

Which is an explination sadly lacking in ANY of the previous posts you made in this thread.

I wasn't saying being on benefits was funny i think you missed the point a little which was probably my fault, my blog usually consists of rants and humour, I guess you need to read the entire blog to get what I mean.

Then maybe you could make the points you wish to make more clearly in future.

My comment about the DHSS services was that there is only 4 numbers that you can call and they are constantly engaged, for a single mother in desperate need to get a loan to cover her child in a nappy this is not good, i have images of a poor woman in a phone box ringing the number while her baby cries because it needs changing, my situation wasnt as critical but until you end up in that situation you can't realize. You know absolutely NOTHING about my situation, I have been in the situation of needing to get a crisis loan, there are ways to get on if you CAN'T phone them.

I fail to see your last comment, exactly how am I lieing about my rant and what do you mean attention?

I didn't say you were lying about your rant.

I am writing my blog as its amusing to others to read, i posted it here because i thought it might give people a laugh, perhaps even a debate on the subject which seemed to work with the exception of your last post.

But then again what the F8ck do I know?Quite.

Saaf_laandon_mo
27-09-2007, 12:42
Hmm Jefferson got out of the wrong side of bed I see.

My comment about the DHSS services was that there is only 4 numbers that you can call and they are constantly engaged, for a single mother in desperate need to get a loan to cover her child in a nappy this is not good, i have images of a poor woman in a phone box ringing the number while her baby cries because it needs changing, my situation wasnt as critical but until you end up in that situation you can't realize.

I fail to see your last comment, exactly how am I lieing about my rant and what do you mean attention? I am writing my blog as its amusing to others to read, i posted it here because i thought it might give people a laugh, perhaps even a debate on the subject which seemed to work with the exception of your last post.

But then again what the F8ck do I know?

Mate, with regards to the bit about the sinngle mum in a phone box, I think you need to just worry about yourself first and others later, as its doing no good at all. I mean you helped someone steal cause "she was a young mum in desperate need of nappies"

As for images of young mums in phone boxes, and babies in dirty nappies, screaming and shouting, its not an image I have come across at all in real life, bearing in mind its hard to find a working phone box anywhere nowadays.

As for posting the blog to give us a laugh, I think you post on here to seek attention, not to amuse. I find it hard to believe that half of what we read is true. You should be a bit careful cause sooner or later you will need to change your name to cries wolf.

Barewolf
27-09-2007, 12:46
An explination lacking in any previous posts? I wasn't aware I had to explain myself, I only did because you asked "Why"

And no i don't know anything about your situation and i wasnt implying your situation is any different to mine.

And if you didnt say i was lying in my rant what exactly am i lying about then, after all you said it. I thought you prefer people to be clear when they post? It seems you should take your own advice as you lost me ages ago.

Stuart
27-09-2007, 12:47
First post on this topic for the night

Don't bloody complain that you don't have enough to smoke GIVE THEM UP. I did after 30 years so if i can anyone can.

Reminds me of something I heard while on some sort of Jobseeker's course (yes, I was unemployed and on benefits, but it was £40 a week). My sister's ex was there moaning he couldn't afford to run his car on the benefits he was getting. The girl sitting next to him said how sorry she felt, then pointed out that she had had to sell her car to get enough money to live on.

Second post on this topic for the night

If you want to live then buy FOOD not BEER

People forget that beer and fags are luxuries. You do not need them to live. You need food to live.

dilli-theclaw
27-09-2007, 12:48
An explination lacking in any previous posts? I wasn't aware I had to explain myself, I only did because you asked "Why"

Yes - you did explaiin when asked why. Thank you - but you didn't have to.

And no i don't know anything about your situation and i wasnt implying your situation is any different to mine.

I didn't say you were.

And if you didnt say i was lying in my rant what exactly am i lying about then, after all you said it. I thought you prefer people to be clear when they post? It seems you should take your own advice as you lost me ages ago.I can if you want. But it would involve restoring previously deleted threads. As I have already said I didn't say you lied HERE in THIS thread.

But you have lied in the past and have admitted it yourself. So what I'm saying is it's hard to tell when you are telling the truth. How are we to tell what you are saying now is the truth and not another of youre lies?

I'm not at liberty to do that unless you ask me to.

peanut
27-09-2007, 12:49
People forget that beer and fags are luxuries. You do not need them to live. You need food to live.

Doesn't he live with his parents? :confused:

Barewolf
27-09-2007, 13:02
As for posting the blog to give us a laugh, I think you post on here to seek attention, not to amuse. I find it hard to believe that half of what we read is true. You should be a bit careful cause sooner or later you will need to change your name to cries wolf.

Hmm. This is a forum is it not? to what lies you are refering that I have apparently said and how does that reflect on what I have posted here?

If I wanted attension I would go to a chat room, I post because I am bored and like to start a debate, I post because if I am stuck with something I need help, I post jokes to make people laugh because they also make me laugh. How is this attention seeking and how is this lying?

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

I can if you want. But it would involve restoring previously deleted threads. As I have already said I didn't say you lied HERE in THIS thread.

But you have lied in the past and have admitted it yourself. So what I'm saying is it's hard to tell when you are telling the truth. How are we to tell what you are saying now is the truth and not another of youre lies?

I'm not at liberty to do that unless you ask me to.

So PM it me then JT the threads that were deleted were deleted for a reason to do with me publically talking about my troubled relationship with my ex, lies have been involved in the past to do with that but the reason they were deleted was for her benefit so i dont want them restored but i am happy to discuss what lie you are refering to via the PM system.

---------- Post added at 13:02 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

Doesn't he live with his parents? :confused:

Yes I do but what that has to do with the price of fish is beyond me.

I live with my Parents as the area I live in is too expensive for me to rent anywhere, I have been offered a flat but it was too small, the only other flats are in a crappy area and one I don't wish to live in.

Apart from that I was made Bankrupt last year so I can't get credit, they wont give me a phone, a broadband connection, or even a tv. So I would have to end my degree unless I went to the Library to do my work which is difficult if you have a problem going out but apart from that not being online and doing what i enjoy would just depress me. Its easier to live where i am not to mention cheaper but i dont get things handed on a plate. I pay my rent and pay my bills just like anyone else. If my PC breaks I have to cough up the cash for a new one. My parents stopped giving me hand outs when I was 16.

I hope that clears it up for you.

dilli-theclaw
27-09-2007, 13:04
So PM it me then JT the threads that were deleted were deleted for a reason to do with me publically talking about my troubled relationship with my ex, lies have been involved in the past to do with that but the reason they were deleted was for her benefit so i dont want them restored but i am happy to discuss what lie you are refering to via the PM system.It wouldn't be right for me restore a thread without the op's permission which is why I wouldn't dream of doing it.

It doesnt' matter precisely WHICH lie you made.

The point I'm making is you DID lie, it doesn't matter about what.

Don't you agree that having done it in the past you may have to rebuild some of the trust that you have gained on the site?

No one is saying dont' start threads or start a discussion. Just don't expect people to be as immidiately trusting as they were.

I'm not going to say which one and about what here as you say - the thread has been deleted.

Barewolf
27-09-2007, 13:08
It wouldn't be right for me restore a thread without the op's permission which is why I wouldn't dream of doing it.

It doesnt' matter precisely WHICH lie you made.

The point I'm making is you DID lie, it doesn't matter about what.

Don't you agree that having done it in the past you may have to rebuild some of the trust that you have gained on the site?

No one is saying dont' start threads or start a discussion. Just don't expect people to be as immidiately trusting as they were.

I'm not going to say which one and about what here as you say - the thread has been deleted.

Well you have me curious now, I would be interested to what you are refering to and which thread so maybe you could PM me what you are going on about and put my mind at rest.

UncleBooBoo
27-09-2007, 13:12
LostandConfused lives in Swansea?

I have quite a few mates from the Cardiff and Swansea areas and none of them seem to have trouble finding a job. One friend just went back to work after having an extended time out to have her baby and she seemed to find a job easily enough. :shrug:

Do they have qualifications? I don't! OK that is my fault but it does limit the types of jobs I can apply for! (Mainly unskilled ones)

Do they have their own transport? Cause I don't I have to rely upon public transport! This again can cause problems when applying for a job.

There are plenty of jobs around in Swansea, however not for those who are unskilled with no qualifications!

In fact most jobs of that description around here "unskilled" are for hours of 15 or less! :(

The odd job does crop up with hours ranging between 16-24 but those are rare these days, hell I have even been lied to as well as my wife just to get us to the interview to be told sorry there was a misprint! The job is not 24 hours a week it's 8! FFS!!!

dilli-theclaw
27-09-2007, 13:16
Well you have me curious now, I would be interested to what you are refering to and which thread so maybe you could PM me what you are going on about and put my mind at rest.PM sent.

UncleBooBoo
27-09-2007, 13:17
<edit Rob - quoted post has been deleted>

HAHAHA I told you that you were going to get slaughtered! :D

I left out the bit about insulted! :LOL:

Barewolf
27-09-2007, 13:22
HAHAHA I told you that you were going to get slaughtered! :D

I left out the bit about insulted! :LOL:

Apparently so, you did warn me though :eek:

And now I read the PM from JT everyone thinks i lied on the forum and i didnt, peanut was right, Miss understood is an understatement.

dilli-theclaw
27-09-2007, 13:24
I wouldn't worry about it - you'll get there. Everyone makes mistakes.

Tightscot
27-09-2007, 13:25
, they wont give me a phone, a broadband connection, or even a tv.

they won't GIVE me a phone, tv or broadband either... i have to PAY.

Just a thought i had too - if you didn't have access to the internet/tv/phone etc etc maybe this would force you in some way to confront your phobia and get out and about? - I don't mean that flippantly as any phobia is obviously a cause, to one degree or another, of trauma, but i've always believed the best way of dealing with a phobia is to confront it head on.

You tend to come across as expecting things handed to you on a plate - be it help / money etc etc when in actual fact you need to realise that most things in life have to be earned.

Again, sorry if this appears harsh, but it's just the way i see things. :)

Barewolf
27-09-2007, 13:27
Hmm, Mistake? Its not my fault people didn't understand that I didn't lie.

For the record for those that know which thread *It was mis understood* lol For god sake :(

dilli-theclaw
27-09-2007, 13:29
Surely if you worded something wrong or in such a way that people read it as a lit instead of what you intended it's a Mistake? So as I said I wouldn't worry about it - everyone makes them.

You worry FAR too much.

Barewolf
27-09-2007, 13:32
they won't GIVE me a phone, tv or broadband either... i have to PAY.

Just a thought i had too - if you didn't have access to the internet/tv/phone etc etc maybe this would force you in some way to confront your phobia and get out and about? - I don't mean that flippantly as any phobia is obviously a cause, to one degree or another, of trauma, but i've always believed the best way of dealing with a phobia is to confront it head on.

You tend to come across as expecting things handed to you on a plate - be it help / money etc etc when in actual fact you need to realise that most things in life have to be earned.

Again, sorry if this appears harsh, but it's just the way i see things. :)

Of course things have to be earned, why people think that I come accross as expecting things is worrying.

I dont expect anything, far from it, i am the type of person to give and not recieve and that includes material.

Facing the phobia is one thing i have been doing for 10 years, the only motivation i had left me months ago.

Saaf_laandon_mo
27-09-2007, 13:34
Yes I do but what that has to do with the price of fish is beyond me.

I live with my Parents as the area I live in is too expensive for me to rent anywhere, I have been offered a flat but it was too small, the only other flats are in a crappy area and one I don't wish to live in.

Apart from that I was made Bankrupt last year so I can't get credit, they wont give me a phone, a broadband connection, or even a tv. So I would have to end my degree unless I went to the Library to do my work which is difficult if you have a problem going out but apart from that not being online and doing what i enjoy would just depress me. Its easier to live where i am not to mention cheaper but i dont get things handed on a plate. I pay my rent and pay my bills just like anyone else. If my PC breaks I have to cough up the cash for a new one. My parents stopped giving me hand outs when I was 16.

I hope that clears it up for you.

First of all you can get a mobile, its called pay as you go, no credit cheques needed. You can also get a TV, bankruptcy wont prevent you going into Currys and picking one up, and plugging an aerial into it. Maybe you wont be able to get SKY/Virgin, but you can't afford it anyway. I lived on terrestial TV for many years cause I couldnt afford Sky (As have many others) and there are plenty of people who dont have any form of cable/sattelite TV fullstop.

But what really wound me up is that you have been offered a flat but its too small??!!!!!!!!?????

From what I can see, you're unemployed, on benefits and still expect to be given the luxuries in life, oh, and you turn down things because they are not up to your standard. My friend, there are people in the real world who work and can't afford many of the things you want (I think you feel you are owed those), there are people in need of homes who do not qualify for free flats too. The sooner you realise this and change your want want want attitude, and get rid of that sack of patatoes on your shoulder, the quicker you will be able to get somewhere in life.

Barewolf
27-09-2007, 13:43
Surely if you worded something wrong or in such a way that people read it as a lit instead of what you intended it's a Mistake? So as I said I wouldn't worry about it - everyone makes them.

You worry FAR too much.

Bad habbit I'm affraid :dozey:

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

But what really wound me up is that you have been offered a flat but its too small??!!!!!!!!?????

From what I can see, you're unemployed, on benefits and still expect to be given the luxuries in life, oh, and you turn down things because they are not up to your standard. My friend, there are people in the real world who work and can't afford many of the things you want (I think you feel you are owed those), there are people in need of homes who do not qualify for free flats too. The sooner you realise this and change your want want want attitude, and get rid of that sack of patatoes on your shoulder, the quicker you will be able to get somewhere in life.

Someone change the thread name to the we hate barewolf thread.

Right........

1st. I turned the flat down because it was too small yes, this wasnt the only reason, it was right next door to my uncle and the people below me played music til 3am and smoked pot all day. The fact it was too small was just one element. The goods i own here couldnt fit into the flat, there was no room for my PC, barely enough room for my bed.

You feel i am owed? Well thats your wrong impression of me, the point of this thread was to debate the DHSS not my life and your interpretation of what you think i expect from life and other people, yet you seem to know me so well.

Considering i am the kind of person to give my last pound to a homless person you have a very poor judgement of my character.

TheDaddy
27-09-2007, 13:57

Some one change the name to 'pointless borefest'

You feel i am owed? Well thats your wrong impression of me, the point of this thread was to debate the DHSS not my life and your interpretation of what you think i expect from life and other people, yet you seem to know me so well.

If people have the 'wrong' impression of you, there can only be one reason for that, the things you have posted

Ramrod
27-09-2007, 14:00
I turned the flat down because it was too small yes, this wasnt the only reason, it was right next door to my uncle and the people below me played music til 3am and smoked pot all day. The fact it was too small was just one element. The goods i own here couldnt fit into the flat, there was no room for my PC, barely enough room for my bed.So sell/give away/throw away stuff....we did recently so we could move into a (much) smaller house :shrug:

Did you actually move into the flat btw?

Barewolf
27-09-2007, 14:04
If it bores you why read it? I have a right to defend myself which is the only reason why i replied, as far as impressions go thats not my fault, everything there is to know about what kind of person i am is on my website or msn live, if people choose to judge me by what i post then i can't be held responsible for that.

TheDaddy
27-09-2007, 14:16
If it bores you why read it?

We all make mistakes, as was pointed out to you earlier, don't worry though I'll be rectifying mine soon enough

Mr_love_monkey
27-09-2007, 14:26
I have been offered a flat but it was too small, the
whilst I don't wish to make light of an illness - surely as an agoraphobic that would be good?

Barewolf
27-09-2007, 14:37
Hmm. Not good no.

Sirius
27-09-2007, 17:55
Hmm, Mistake? Its not my fault people didn't understand that I didn't lie.

For the record for those that know which thread *It was misunderstood* lol For god sake :(

Yep just read it. I had them in my Google email because i subscribed to the thread. Everytime someone replied it was sent to my email. Bit of a eye opener :LOL:

---------- Post added at 17:48 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

PM to a admin on its way.

---------- Post added at 17:55 ---------- Previous post was at 17:48 ----------

You feel i am owed? Well that's your wrong impression of me, the point of this thread was to debate the DHSS not my life and your interpretation of what you think i expect from life and other people, yet you seem to know me so well.

The impression i get from your :rant: is you expect the DHSS to jump to your tune and give you what you want when you want it.
They give you £90 a week if you’re lucky. If you smoke then majority of that goes back to them anyway. They screw you over so much it’s a joke.

Smoking should have nothing to do with it, Its an addiction you made for yourself and its you who has to get rid of it. Why should my taxes pay for you to buy fags and don't say it does not because you would then have to say that you do not buy fags with you dole money. I work full time and i could not afford to smoke so i got off my **** and stopped.

Barewolf
27-09-2007, 18:05
*cries*

No i dont expect the DHSS to dance to my tune Sirius. It annoys me they don't answer the phone especially when its supposed to be a crisis, i already said i wasnt in a crisis but my point...............

NOW LISTEN UP

My point was it sucks as theres single mothers out there in a real crisis and so are the children who are affected. Thats what annoys me the most.

Sirius
27-09-2007, 18:18
What ever happend to good old towel nappies ?????

Barewolf
27-09-2007, 18:24
perhaps, but maybe they dont know how to do that. Anyway thats just one example, people who are about to be evicted maybe. point is it sucks.

Cerberus
27-09-2007, 18:43
@Barewolf

I have read this thread with interest.

I have had a regular job since I left school. However, in 2000 I was badly beaten up by about 7 numptys in Barrow, after visiting people there.

I then suffered from agoraphobia. Times became tough and ended up on the sick. Hated every minute of it. Scrounging, scrimping and scraping.

I moved to Glasgow soon after. but still suffered from it.

Now please don't take this the wrong way.

I decided that this needed to be tackled head on and sought a GP's advice so ended up seeing a psychologist. Had a few sessions, signed off the sick and went back to work.

Life is tough and sh*t does happen. Whilst I am empathetic to your situation and kind of feel for you. It's up to you to go out and get the help that you need and tackle it head on.

I hope that you do over come this and I hope that you do find a job when you do. Hang in there and keep your chin up. It is tough, but get off your ass, get it sorted and then you won't have to worry about the pitance the government pays you when you are off work, be it for unemployment, disability or anything else.

What you need is a kick up your backside.

I am not being critical of you, but I understand what you're going through.

Now go out there and do it.

Sirius
27-09-2007, 18:51
What you need is a kick up your backside.

I am not being critical of you, but I understand what you're going through.

Now go out there and do it.

That i can agree with :tu:

Barewolf
27-09-2007, 19:23
I have had treatment, You name it i have had it, but nothing seems to work.

peanut
27-09-2007, 19:48
I can't apologise for what I said earlier, nor do I retract anything. <edit Rob - deleted> I think I can guarantee you'll have an excuse for everything in any circumstance going.

I don't work and I claim incap and DLA, but then I could say I really suffer for my benefits, I don't feel any guilt and I won't be tarred with any brush either. But you seem to wallow in your own pity and even if you was given a way out, I'd doubt you'd take it.

I know my own place, but as they say when your options are limited is that you see things in a different light and I certainly can see you in a different light then you see yourself. People are right here, you need a kick up the backside, you need to see what life is all about, until then all you're doing is making a prat of yourself.

Barewolf
27-09-2007, 19:58
I can't apologise for what I said earlier, nor do I retract anything. <edit Rob - deleted>, I think I can guarantee you'll have an excuse for everything in any circumstance going.

I don't work and I claim incap and DLA, but then I could say I really suffer for my benefits, I don't feel any guilt and I won't be tarred with any brush either. But you seem to wallow in your own pity and even if you was given a way out, I'd doubt you'd take it.

I know my own place, but as they say when your options are limited is that you see things in a different light and I certainly can see you in a different light then you see yourself. People are right here, you need a kick up the backside, you need to see what life is all about, until then all you're doing is making a prat of yourself.

<edit Rob: deleted>you have no right to say i'm weird at least give me a reason why you think that. if you came to post that to wind me up then congrats it worked and is also slander.

Perhaps i am weird, but i can admit i am weird, those that don't understand me probably don't have the intellect to hold a conversation with me, perhaps that makes me weird, <edit Rob - deleted>?

:afire:

jellybaby
27-09-2007, 20:07
Sorry Barewolf, but you come on here and post that you are really skint. And yet you have recently bought a new camera, and have spent (at a guess) over £500 on clothes recently. There are people out there who really struggle week to week, some day to day. You get no sympathy off me i'm afraid.

peanut
27-09-2007, 20:11
Do I wind you up because I said that you're weird or wind you up that I said something that you'd rather ignore?

Again, as already been said in this thread, you don't know anything about me but <edit Rob - deleted> :dozey:. But the difference is from what I've read about you ;) , I think I can quite easily say what I said, you are weird, but not in the way that pleases you either, sorry if that upsets you.

I don't want to say much to you, not because I can't, mainly because I don't want to tip you over the edge or something. I really don't want to waste my time where I know it's just that, a waste.

Grow up, get a life and sort yourself out. (In a good way of course). :tu:

Barewolf
27-09-2007, 20:15
Hmm.........

Perhaps you are not reading properly what I post. I never said I bought a new Camera. I said I was testing my new Camera which I didn't buy my ex Girlfriend bought it me for my Birthday.

So does this mean when I start a topic I have to explain everything I have done recently before I get the negative pedantic remarks?

What ever i spent on clothes is irrelevant, i needed clothes as i have lost a lot of weight due to health issues, i didn't buy them in a shop i got them on the catalogue.

I don't want nor need your sympathy. Its not my fault people don't read the thread properly and find fault with everything I post.

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:14 ----------

<edit Rob: deleted>

jellybaby
27-09-2007, 20:17
You don't need to do anything on my account. It was the ' I am so skint I coudn't afford a bag of crisps' and the I needed a crisis loan, which got my back up.

Barewolf
27-09-2007, 20:22
I wont do anything on your account. I fail to see why a simple blog post about the DHSS has turned into a debate on my financial situation and what people think i have spent when clearly didnt get their facts straight first.

ASSUMPTION
Makes an ASS
out of
U and
ME

Sirius
27-09-2007, 20:36
ASSUMPTION
Makes an ASS
out of
U and
ME

Did someone show you how to google for that.

Barewolf
27-09-2007, 20:41
Oh this is becoming stupid, why are people intent on winding me up today!

peanut
27-09-2007, 20:46
No one here intend to wind you up, maybe you're just missing the point? Maybe you're ignoring what people are saying? Is everyone else wrong and you're the only one right?? Maybe that's a hint.

UncleBooBoo
27-09-2007, 20:48
I am a member of many forums, yet one thing I have noticed on this board that stands out a mile is the rude and bullying tactics by some people!

This forum reminds me of the good old school days of mine where you have the in crowd and the out crowd!

Barewolf I would not waste your time responding here because no matter what you say it will be classed as nothing more as an excuse! Because your on benefits you are classed as a bum and you should be left in the gutter to rote! :(

Hence my original post, "your going to get slaughtered"!!!! (How did I see that coming?)

Now I am not saying you are right or that you are wrong, a mental illness is a mental illness! (Phobias come under that as far as i am concerned)

What gets on my nerves is all the drunks and drug addicts who claim sick for years and they use their benefit money to feed their habits, yet you get slaughtered!

As I said, your different and people do not like different!

Barewolf
27-09-2007, 20:56
Thanx BooBoo, least someone here can be nice, everyone should take a leaf out of your book :)

jellybaby
27-09-2007, 20:58
I think i can safetly say, that everyone who has took part in this thread, do not think ANYBODY is a bum JUST because they are on benefits.

Maggy
27-09-2007, 21:00
I'm sorry but this thread is bringing out the worst in some of CF members today..You are not painting yourselves in a good light.

If someone would point out to me where Barewolf has actually said he is entitled to more than he gets.I believe he was actually phoning up to try and get a loan from the DHSS which he would have to pay back.Hardly demanding more than his share.

Also as the relative of someone with a long term mental depression who is currently receiving disability benefit I take exception to some of the remarks made here.I certainly don't see why anyone thinks they have the right to tell people not to smoke or to get out more or to live in a small flat if they don't want to.As it is Barewolf is actually saving us taxpayers money by living at home with his parents instead of getting housing benefit.

Sirius
27-09-2007, 21:00
I think i can safetly say, that everyone who has took part in this thread, do not think ANYBODY is a bum JUST because they are on benefits.

Well said :tu:

Ramrod
27-09-2007, 21:03
you have no right to say i'm weird <snip>
Perhaps i am weird, but i can admit i am weird,So you are agreeing with peanutkp (you admit you are weird)....so why get annoyed with him for stating what you consider to be the truth? :confused:

---------- Post added at 21:03 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

I'm sorry but this thread is bringing out the worst in some of CF members today..You are not painting yourselves in a good light.

If someone would point out to me where Barewolf has actually said he is entitled to more than he gets.I believe he was actually phoning up to try and get a loan from the DHSS which he would have to pay back.Hardly demanding more than his share.The trouble is that (along the way) he has admitted to helping someone steal from a shop, complained that his free flat is too small and complained that he doesn't get enough dss money to smoke.......:shrug:

MovedGoalPosts
27-09-2007, 21:05
It's time for everybody to take a big chill pill.

Veiled personal attacks, insults, and flaming will not be tolerated.

UncleBooBoo
27-09-2007, 21:12
The benefit system is not perfect. FACT!!!

It will never be perfect, there will always be ways to screw the system. FACT!!!

Nothing you I or the government say or do will change that unless they get rid of it all together! (That will never happen!)

Every illness is different, hence the reason why doctors treat things on a case by case basis!

Yes in theory people can "Get up of their backsides and make changes" it sounds easy but if it was that simple then the problem or addiction would not be there in the first place!

Do I have all the answers? NO! Am i wrong at times? YES!

Just my thoughts! Agree with me or not they are just my thoughts and my opinions.

---------- Post added at 21:12 ---------- Previous post was at 21:05 ----------

Oh and I must point out that a crisis loan or any other loan from the DHSS has to be paid back in full!

So he/she you or me do not get anything extra!

I am still paying back a £450 loan I had from the DHSS via DD at £25 a month!

I borrowed that money because my bank refused me at the time as I was not working! I needed it to get clothes for me, my wife and our two children!!

I do not class it as a hand out as I am paying it back as does everyone else! Only difference is it's interest free!

Barewolf
27-09-2007, 21:18
So you are agreeing with peanutkp (you admit you are weird)....so why get annoyed with him for stating what you consider to be the truth? :confused:

People see me differently, thats been established by just an innocent rant that has turned to a personal attack forcing a warning from the moderator, which i never instigated.

If this thread taught me anything its who my true friends are here and that alot of you are shallow.

My reason for being on benefit has not been discussed and wont be, but if i told you what i had to endure over my life you would all appologize for scrutinizing me in this thread, unless you were heartless which most seem to be. but again, it's not for me to disclose that info, after all its only a forum, and as much as i want to make the nasty sods appologize, i wont reveal "WHY" as my ex said to me "You tell everyone too much about yourself".

perhaps that was my problem, but it still doesnt make me weird.

Ramrod
27-09-2007, 21:20
perhaps that was my problem, but it still doesnt make me weird.But you just said that you considered yourself to be weird...:confused:
I give up, I'm confused.....

UncleBooBoo
27-09-2007, 21:22
But you just said that you considered yourself to be weird...:confused:
I give up, I'm confused.....

NO YOUR JUST TAKING THE P**S OUT OF HIM NOW! :shocked:

GROW UP! :td:

MovedGoalPosts
27-09-2007, 21:25
If people want to see why this thread is closed, just read through the whole series of posts.

Mick
27-09-2007, 22:03
Polite Reminder:

Some people need to watch how they conduct themselves in a thread - Personal, insulting remarks against other forum members, is a serious breach of our terms of use. Infractions have been issued out and will continue be given out, if this nasty conduct towards each other continues.

Another point - swearing in posts will not be tolerated regardless if its starred out (i.e **) or one or two chars are different. If we believe that someone is deliberately bypassing our swear filter, the post may be deleted and infraction warnings given out.

Finally - Team members are here on a daily basis to ensure a smooth running of this forum board. When they make a request in threads - All members should adhere to this instruction, we are not asking you to change or stop the manner in which you are posting, we are telling you. Failure to abide by our requests and subsequent action will commence, either infractions or account suspensions of up to one week.

Thank you.