PDA

View Full Version : Flowers

ikthius
25-09-2007, 18:16
Hey everyone....

I am going to be buying flowers for my girlfriend in the next few days...

I know she likes pink, and baby blue colours.

but she has never had flowers, so she does not know what she likes.

so, I looked on the old interflora site, and I found these two.

which one should I get her?

ik
p.s. I am just wanting to show her how much she means to me, nothing else
EDIT: for the ones who knows about flowers you can see what is included, I know nothing about flowers, and what is good or not, here is the links:
image 1: http://www3.interflora.co.uk/catalog/product.xml?product_id=2042050;category_id=2001263 ;pcid1=;pcid2=
image 2: http://www3.interflora.co.uk/catalog/product.xml?product_id=2042060;category_id=2001263 ;pcid1=;pcid2=

Saaf_laandon_mo
25-09-2007, 18:20
Hey everyone....

I am going to be buying flowers for my girlfriend in the next few days...

what have you done wrong then?

ikthius
25-09-2007, 18:22
what have you done wrong then?

nothing, I have not done anything wrong (I would never hurt her ever), trying to remind her how much she means to me....

hm, I should have done a poll...... :D ;) :)

bw41101
25-09-2007, 18:28
As blue roses are a bit of a rarity (it seems), Safe bet get her the pink. If you get it wrong and she doesn't like them (doubtful) she'll let you know and you won't get it wrong the next time. Anyway it's the thought that counts and I've never come across a woman who doesn't like flowers. :erm:

However if I've got it wrong - don't shout at me. :D

Si thee

Shaun
25-09-2007, 18:29
It's all down to personal preference, I'm sure whichever you choose she'll like. :)

As for my personal choice. I prefer the Rose & Freesia one, Freesias smell nice and I think it looks less "grannyish".

ikthius
25-09-2007, 18:30
It's all down to personal preference, I'm sure whichever you choose she'll like. :)

As for my personal choice. I prefer the Rose & Freesia one, Freesias smell nice and I think it looks less "grannyish".

ah, I know what your talking about, yeah all the wee extra small flowers do make it granny like

ik

bw41101
25-09-2007, 18:34
I see that none of our female members have contributed to this thread. Unless (of course) they're hiding in the wings seeing if any of us macho's will slip up and make a proverbial coque up.

Sigh..............!

Si thee

ikthius
25-09-2007, 18:38
I see that none of our female members have contributed to this thread. Unless (of course) they're hiding in the wings seeing if any of us macho's will slip up and make a proverbial coque up.

Sigh..............!

Si thee

or, they went out to grab their men, to show them this thread and hit them saying..... why wont you do anything like that for me????

ik

superbiatch
25-09-2007, 18:40
I think the pink roses, aren't you a sweetie!! :)

ikthius
25-09-2007, 18:42
I think the pink roses, aren't you a sweetie!! :)

they both have pink roses........

but thanks :D

ik

superbiatch
25-09-2007, 18:46
they both have pink roses........

but thanks :D

ik

Hey, what do i know?? no one ever buys me flowers boohoo :(

I meant the rose & freesia hand tied :p: The other one looks a little for the 'older' lady IMHO ;)

ikthius
25-09-2007, 18:49
Hey, what do i know?? no one ever buys me flowers boohoo :(

I meant the rose & freesia hand tied :p: The other one looks a little for the 'older' lady IMHO ;)

thanks.... I am seeing that the second one is granny like

Hm, I think I got my answer now, cheers

ik

Maggy
25-09-2007, 18:51
Orchids!They come in the most delicious shades and tints of pink and last for ages.I had some for my birthday once and they lasted for two and half weeks.:)

Angua
25-09-2007, 18:52
Personal preference would be the Pastel Bliss Vase, especially if the Lilys were the Oriental variety which smell divine. https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/09/4.gif

Alanmelon
25-09-2007, 18:54
Mrs Melon reckons the first lot in the pink wrap.

Shaun
25-09-2007, 18:56
Orchids!They come in the most delicious shades and tints of pink and last for ages.I had some for my birthday once and they lasted for two and half weeks.:)

http://a80.g.akamai.net/f/80/71/6h/www3.interflora.co.uk/kernel/imageload?ttl2=30;table=cat_images;key1=2041950_de tail_EN;key2=2041950_detail;key3=-100_detail_EN;key4=-100_detail

http://www3.interflora.co.uk/catalog/product.xml?product_id=2041950;category_id=2003243 ;pcid1=;pcid2=

http://a80.g.akamai.net/f/80/71/6h/www3.interflora.co.uk/kernel/imageload?ttl2=30;table=cat_images;key1=2173850_de tail_EN;key2=2173850_detail;key3=-100_detail_EN;key4=-100_detail

http://www3.interflora.co.uk/catalog/product.xml?product_id=2173850;category_id=1000343 ;pcid1=;pcid2=
:)

The Hitman
25-09-2007, 18:57
Flowers is a name for a beer get her a pint instead;)

ikthius
25-09-2007, 19:06
well if any of you have better bouquets, just post here.

sorry I aint a fan of those orchids

ik

Hugh
25-09-2007, 19:13
ik, it's a great thought, but my suggestion would be to go to Asda (or your nearest large supermarket) and get her £35 (the price of the linky bouquet) worth of flowers - they have good quality flowers there, and for £35 you will get two armfuls.

Or you can get them delivered ASDA (http://www.asda-flowers.co.uk/epages/ASDA.storefront/46f94179003ac2ea271dd5d385ee070e/Catalog/AutumnFlowers)

superbiatch
25-09-2007, 19:15
I suppose if money isn't an issue i'd have the first one, i'd be equally happy with the 2nd one tho :)

I think its fair to say white lillies are my thing ;)

Tinky
25-09-2007, 20:47
Hi ik, bouquet no 1 is absolutely beautiful. That would be my choice.;)

Marge
25-09-2007, 20:51
I would be over the moon to receive either bouquet *hint hint*

lauzjp
25-09-2007, 21:06
I would be over the moon to receive any bouquet ;)

and I have to agree - do not be spending a small fortune on interflora, instead use yell.com or something to find a nearby florist to her, set a budget and say 'make a huge bunch please!' cos it doesn't matter what is in it, as long as it is big (especially if having them delivered or couriered) :p:

punky
25-09-2007, 21:16
I would be over the moon to receive either bouquet *hint hint*

:scratch:

What were the old woman's bouquet called again? ;) :Sprint:

Fitzer
25-09-2007, 23:00
Two things must you remember my son to put you well in with the fairer sex.

1. Be prepared to dance with her in public, if you can do it well, all the better, but at least try.
2. Send her flowers, at random intervals, at work. This not only gets you in her good books but makes all her friends warm to you as well and p!sses off their other halves into the bargain:D

Here endeth the lesson.

Whatever flowers you give her she WILL adore them, trust me on this;)

superbiatch
25-09-2007, 23:04

1. Be prepared to dance with her in public, if you can do it well, all the better, but at least try.
2. Send her flowers, at random intervals, at work. This not only gets you in her good books but makes all her friends warm to you as well and p!sses off their other halves into the bargain:D

Here endeth the lesson.

Not so sure about no.1, but no.2 will deffo win you some brownie points ;)

ikthius
25-09-2007, 23:12

Here endeth the lesson.

well the dancing I done, and I hate dancing, but I have always said I would, and anytime she want, she just has to take me..... problem is I am crap at it, she used to do dancing.:erm:

she works in the same place as me, but I would rather them go to her house, as I know someone will be in to take them for her. but I will test the water and find out when she will be in the house.

well after deciding on the first one...... and superB showing me more, I went through the whole site, and came up with 6.... yes 6 different bouquets.

I am emailing it out to my best mate, who knows her, not to well but she knows her, and she works in an office with 10 women, so I should get a good poll out of them on which bouquet to go for.

My main problem, is my girlfriend has never had flowers in the house, she does not know what flowers she likes, never looks in flowers shops when I am with her, but I know her favourite colours are baby blue and pink.

I like some of the white bouquets, but I am at a loss as which would be best.

I know your all saying it doesn't matter, but really it does, to me.

I don't know whether to go down the full of flowers or the simplistic less flowers look. all roses or a variety of flowers.

I want them sent, but not from an asda van...... no matter how much you spend, if she sees an asda van, that looks just cheap.

ik

superbiatch
25-09-2007, 23:18
If she doesn't know what she likes and you're working from colours you know she does like, then i'm sure you can't go wrong hun, stop stressing :)

My only advice is to keep it simple and as a lot have already advised, you can get these bouquets made up in your local florist who will deliver for a fraction of interfloras cost - take them the picture or phone to the day before to make sure they have your flowers in stock ;)

She's a lucky lady :)

ikthius
25-09-2007, 23:22
If she doesn't know what she likes and you're working from colours you know she does like, then i'm sure you can't go wrong hun, stop stressing :)

My only advice is to keep it simple and as a lot have already advised, you can get these bouquets made up in your local florist who will deliver for a fraction of interfloras cost - take them the picture or phone to the day before to make sure they have your flowers in stock ;)

She's a lucky lady :)

I think thats my problem, I dont know flowers either.. :erm: :) :monkey:

well I am the lucky one...

thanks super

ik

bw41101
25-09-2007, 23:30
Whilst we are on the subject. What's that phrase connected an infamous British soap - based in Yorkshire - you know the one with the female rabbit where she says "my favourite is midnight rose, it reminds me of when he used to buy me flowers" :rolleyes:

Can't remember the name - but I'm sure that some of you will know the programme. :D

Sigh.............!

Chris W
25-09-2007, 23:32
If it isn't too late, then have a look at http://www.sendabunch.co.uk/

I have found Interflora to be very hit and miss, and Guernsey flowers have always been well presented and reliable.

ikthius
25-09-2007, 23:38
If it isn't too late, then have a look at http://www.sendabunch.co.uk/

I have found Interflora to be very hit and miss, and Guernsey flowers have always been well presented and reliable.

its not too late

ik

Marge
25-09-2007, 23:46
Think I can honestly say that to receive flowers as a surprise is so lovely that she will be so blown away that the actual flowers themselves would not be too important.

(and receiving them at work is just fab ;) )

greencreeper
25-09-2007, 23:56
White lillies are usually a funeral flower, being a sign of death and therefore not something you'd want about the house.

Freesias smell lovely, and are my mum's favourite flower - a bunch of flowers with freesias in would smell nice, as well as look good. I would try a "proper" florists and tell them your problem - should be able to suggest things.

Tinky
26-09-2007, 08:14
ik, I regularly order from this site http://www.flyingflowers.com/ffechannel/static/index.cfm for the mother-in-law.

superbiatch
26-09-2007, 10:24
White lillies are usually a funeral flower, being a sign of death and therefore not something you'd want about the house.

Ahem, in your opinion :p:

They are my favourite and i had them in my wedding bouquet :)

greencreeper
26-09-2007, 13:25
Ahem, in your opinion :p:

They are my favourite and i had them in my wedding bouquet :)
It's just something I've sort of grown up with - that white lillies are associated with death :erm: Must be some sort of superstition :shrug:

superbiatch
26-09-2007, 13:44
It's just something I've sort of grown up with - that white lillies are associated with death :erm: Must be some sort of superstition :shrug:

Maybe thats why my marriage ended in death lol (only joking) - i just really like them, they're simple and smell lovely :)

ikthius
26-09-2007, 14:54
we have 2 local florists, one I dont like the owner, so that is out, but the other one is new in the area.

I might go in tomorrow and say I would like a bunch with pink roses, maybe lilies and or freesia's, give them my price tag and ask them to deliver within that cost.......

I hope they have nice hand writing hehe

ik

gaffer_gump
26-09-2007, 15:01
Just a quickie, you say she has never had flowers before, vase man vase!!! what is she gonna put them in.

A big flowery bunch delivered by a man in posh flowervan may look good but they will look naff in the washing up bowl, or in a 2litre bottle of Rolla Cola :D

superbiatch
26-09-2007, 15:07
Just a quickie, you say she has never had flowers before, vase man vase!!! what is she gonna put them in.

A big flowery bunch delivered by a man in posh flowervan may look good but they will look naff in the washing up bowl, or in a 2litre bottle of Rolla Cola :D

Having a hand tied one will come in a bag full of water and won't need a vase ;)

Fingy
26-09-2007, 15:21
I think I must be the only girl that doesn't like flowers. How lucky is my hubby!

superbiatch
26-09-2007, 15:28
I think I must be the only girl that doesn't like flowers. How lucky is my hubby!

Just had to reply (mainly cos i was on post 666 :rolleyes:), how lucky is your hubby? Or does he just pay in different ways? (handbags/shows/nights out???) :p:

danielf
26-09-2007, 16:22

Cue the "Haven't you got a vase" joke :D

(If you don't know it, Google the punch line)

Matth
26-09-2007, 22:28
Would chocolates be simpler? - and they don't drop petals that need cleaning up.

Fingy
26-09-2007, 23:46
Just had to reply (mainly cos i was on post 666 :rolleyes:), how lucky is your hubby? Or does he just pay in different ways? (handbags/shows/nights out???) :p:

Don't you worry, he pays. ;)

handyman
27-09-2007, 00:33

So just multiple trips to Florida to see the mouse and Disney paraphernalia then ;) gawd he's got it cheap.

Fingy
27-09-2007, 08:34
So just multiple trips to Florida to see the mouse and Disney paraphernalia then ;) gawd he's got it cheap.

Damn, you got me there. :erm: