PDA

View Full Version : Any approximate dates to upgrade ubrs? (mine's status black)

jona_b
25-09-2007, 13:03
does enyone have eny info on the ubrs getting upgraded to handle the network?

Mr.X
25-09-2007, 17:57
No, not even Tech support would be able to tell you as they don't know either. That information is simply not passed down to them. It makes for a very difficult conversation when a customer calls with an oversubscribed UBR and wants to know when its going to be fixed..

Methanoid
26-09-2007, 08:16
How would you know (rather than suspect) your UBR is oversubscribed?

Toto
26-09-2007, 08:22
No, not even Tech support would be able to tell you as they don't know either. That information is simply not passed down to them. It makes for a very difficult conversation when a customer calls with an oversubscribed UBR and wants to know when its going to be fixed..

I thought tech support had access to a weekly planned maintenance spreadsheet, or is my contact in Swansea talking a pile of puppy poo?

xspeedyx
26-09-2007, 09:27
vm hahahaha upgrade forget that

---------- Post added at 09:27 ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 ----------

saw this thread and tells you what ie black ubr means

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33620823-had-engineer-today-ubr-status-black.html

cookster
26-09-2007, 12:55
How do you check if your UBR is oversubscribed? I have a feeling mine might be!!

Mr.X
26-09-2007, 18:18
Quote..................I thought tech support had access to a weekly planned maintenance spreadsheet, or is my contact in Swansea talking a pile of puppy poo?

Planned maintenence/outages maybe but I bet he cant tell you when an oversubscribed UBR is going to upgraded. Either you've misunderstood what he means by planned maintenence or or he is indeed talking a pile of puppy poo.

The only way to find out if a UBR is oversubscribed is by calling tech support. It shows up on their outage page as high TX loads, that sort of information simply isnt published on the customer service staus page.

Toto
26-09-2007, 20:41
ok, thanks.

sollp
26-09-2007, 21:26
does enyone have eny info on the ubrs getting upgraded to handle the network?

The UBR's and cable network in general is monitored,and just like BT they will upgrade when certain parameters are met. So there will be different levels of upgrade to different types of equipment depending on what is needed when these parameters or percentages are met.

So the upgrade will have to meet a certain target before upgrading and so on, this process is ongoing. Otherwise you'd be installing millions of pounds worth of equipment that would not be utilised properly.