PDA

View Full Version : How is your nerve..............

pedantic
24-09-2007, 13:34
I don't know if this has been posted before, but I've been browsing through the National geographic (http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/03/070328-skywalk-video.html) site, and came across this. Now, I'm not particularly scared of heights, but this would certainly test me. And people even pay to do this, always knew the yanks were a little unhinged. :erm:

punky
24-09-2007, 13:44
I'd definitely do it. I went to the stop of the CN tower in Toronto which has a glass floor.

Now the Stratopshere xscream (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JSOKHvc9Obw) is much worse. Being so heavily mechanical, things are much more likely to go wrong :erm: It actually has broken down several times, dangling people over the edge, although noone has gone flying down the strip yet.

Pedro1
24-09-2007, 13:48
Gosh that would get my heart pumping. No sure i would fancy walking over that glass.

bw41101
24-09-2007, 13:53
Gulp! :shocked: Methinks three choruses of Abide with me and a quick whizz around the rosary beads is in order. Do they provide will compilation as part of the service?

Blackpool tower has a similar (if a lot smaller) concept called the Leap of Faith, which has a glass floor built into the top section of the Tower. You can walk across this and see down to the street - which is a long way down.

Mind you (they do say) it's not the fall that kills you it's the sudden stop at the end, sigh.........! :rolleyes:

Si thee

Hugh
24-09-2007, 14:27
Looks great - I love stuff like that.

danielf
24-09-2007, 14:31
Looks great - I love stuff like that.

Just make sure you bring a good supply of clean undies :Yikes:

alferret
24-09-2007, 14:40
My missus would puke at the thought of going on that ride. Mind you she would puke at the thought of getting on the roof of the building, let alone the ride.

Where as me, I reckon I would give it a go, no problems :D if anyone would like to put me to the test, get me a return ticket and a couple of nights in a hotel, all expenses etc, i'll even video it for you :o: