PDA

View Full Version : Connection problems

Andrew1973
23-09-2007, 13:15
Hi

Hoping to get some advice on this.

I live in the Glasgow area and am on 4MB speed using a terajet 210 which I have had since around 2001 I also have a Belkin Router attached.
What is happening is that I have been having intermittent disconnections on my modem for some time now. What happens is the cable light of my modem will go off and then flash and re-connect. This happened on and off over time, the cable light would stay off for a while before re-connecting. I always assumed this was a network problem so left it at that.
Now it seems to be happening every time I am on the Internet so the Internet light on the Router will start flashing and then the cable light on the modem will go off and then re-connect almost immedietly but then after a few minutes will do this again. It may do this 2-3 times then be ok for the rest of the time. I tried without the Router and the same thing is happening.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give.

Andrew

fatassmichael
23-09-2007, 14:13
:welcome: to the forum Andrew,
You need to call tech support, they will see the disconnections and arrange an engineer to come and swap your modem. That modem has issues.

Andrew1973
23-09-2007, 16:54
Cheers, thanks for the quick reply.

Andrew

fatassmichael
23-09-2007, 18:11
No problem, hope you get it sorted :)