PDA

View Full Version : So sick and tired of it all

myriauk
23-09-2007, 00:16
This has been going on for god knows how long let's say since March, I'm from the Telford area in Shropshire on the ubr04.telf.blueyonder.co.uk

So the Telford area gets upgraded to allow more customers on the system, then they begin the plan the roll out for 20mb, thus introducing traffic management, causing chaos across the Internet.

It takes until August for the 20mb roll out to be effective in my area since were part of Wolverhampton apparently, so some days pass at certain times through Firefox, IE, I can achieve 20mb so 1500-2000kb/s.

However the majority of the time I've been sort of forced to use DAP (Download Accelerator Plus) now since I've installed it, it's been great with downloading from my Premium rapidshare account pulling in files at 2500kb/s no problems.

However it's not a constant speed, at £37 / month I feel that I'm being taken by Virgin Media and quite literally abused, every time I've rang VM, I've always been fobbed off with 'it's just a fault in your area', well it's been a fault in my area for months now fix it.

This is getting beyond a joke, all I want to do is watch a few videos on youtube, and when I need to download or either upload a large file 100-200mb I want it to do it in reasonable time, not to just pace itself slowly at 140kb/s.

I feel like ranting more but I wont, instead I'm going to go to sleep and hope to god it's better in the morning.

A company of VM's status shouldn't have this..

http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/summary.do

Look @ all the problems, theres lists and lists, sort it out.

Barewolf
23-09-2007, 12:52
Ive not used DAP for years when i was on dial up, Ahhh memories.

I feel for ya tho, I am struggling at 3 meg here when supposed to be 20 meg.

slowcoach
23-09-2007, 20:26
I feel like ranting more but I wont, instead I'm going to go to sleep and hope to god it's better in the morning.

It won't be, don't let the *******s grind you down.