PDA

View Full Version : Who'd have thought it?

Nidge
22-09-2007, 12:39
Yesterday at work I had a few hours to kill so I decided to knock some hedgehog hibernation boxes together, after seeing a few knocking around in our garden over the last few weeks I decided to make a few boxes, anyway last night I filled them with straw put some cat meat on some little foil trays and put some plastic bowls in and filled them with water, I placed all 3 around the garden in different places. This morning I went into the garden to have a look to see if any hedgehogs had took up residence and all 3 boxes had hedgehogs in them, 1 of the boxes had 2 hedgehogs in, I thought god they didn't take long to get comfy:D

MadGamer
22-09-2007, 12:45
awwww bless! :D

Halcyon
22-09-2007, 12:54
Charge them rent, you'l make loads of money :)

bopdude
22-09-2007, 13:01
Nice touch mate, :tu: got any pics ?

Nidge
22-09-2007, 13:36
Nice touch mate, :tu: got any pics ?

I'll try later mate, my camera has been acting the goat I'll see if I can get a few snaps for you.

tweetypie/8
23-09-2007, 18:16
Yesterday at work I had a few hours to kill so I decided to knock some hedgehog hibernation boxes together, after seeing a few knocking around in our garden over the last few weeks I decided to make a few boxes, anyway last night I filled them with straw put some cat meat on some little foil trays and put some plastic bowls in and filled them with water, I placed all 3 around the garden in different places. This morning I went into the garden to have a look to see if any hedgehogs had took up residence and all 3 boxes had hedgehogs in them, 1 of the boxes had 2 hedgehogs in, I thought god they didn't take long to get comfy:D

wish there were more people like you nidge :D the world would be a better place :tu:

Halcyon
23-09-2007, 20:52
So many people forget about these little animals when they should be protected.
They don't do any harm and are lovely to see in your garden. :tu:

lauzjp
24-09-2007, 05:05
we have one that comes to the garden area of our block, and eats cat biscuits! it even climbs in the bowl, but he's a bit camera shy...

Pedro1
24-09-2007, 16:39
The last time we had a hedgehog in our garden it was my neighbor who pointed it out.
He is a bit sick as he suggested throwing potatoes at it so he could have a giggle at them sticking to it.

Sad man he is.

Chris
24-09-2007, 16:44
<snip> I thought god they didn't take long to get comfy:D

It won't take their fleas long to get comfy either, in your pets (if you have any) or your furniture.

It's great to give wildlife a leg-up, but just make sure your hedgehog boxes are down at the bottom of your garden and your dog/cat has a flea collar on. :)

Maggy
24-09-2007, 16:55
I seem to keep finding them running along the gutters down the High Street.It's no wonder so many get killed by traffic.

Also if you are building a bonfire for Halloween,November 5th please check that there are no hedgehogs hiding inside BEFORE you light them...

Xaccers
24-09-2007, 17:36
Also if you are building a bonfire for Halloween,November 5th please check that there are no hedgehogs hiding inside BEFORE you light them...

...because it's much easier to coat them in clay before you cook them as it makes removing their spines much easier (kidding, although it's true).

We have a hedgehog that wanders up and down our street looking for slugs etc to nibble.
It was the first one Faulty had ever seen :D

Remember, do not feed them bread and milk!

lauzjp
25-09-2007, 04:06
It won't take their fleas long to get comfy either, in your pets (if you have any) or your furniture.

It's great to give wildlife a leg-up, but just make sure your hedgehog boxes are down at the bottom of your garden and your dog/cat has a flea collar on. :)

I don't let the cat that resides with us out unless he has his cat harness on. He does look awfully cute in it, I'll have to get a photo! haha.

He and his brother seem to think it is great fun to be chased by half of our neighbours / neighbours cats around the five nearby blocks and garden areas... :dozey: