PDA

View Full Version : why does your ip get blocked

ufitm
21-09-2007, 21:49
:confused:I have just found out my ip address has been blocked ,just use email
for contacting family friends. i use several forums like this one, just tried
email virginmedia but mail came back . Can some kind person tell how to get it unblocked and why they get blocked , :mad:

bw41101
21-09-2007, 22:11
Do you use the VM Webmail service at all? If yes, then firstly do some housekeeping on your mailboxes. If you reach above a certain limit on the (server based) mail service, then (it's probable) that your home mail service will suffer as a consequence.

Otherwise, when you say "blocked" can you please be a little more specific. What kind of error messages (if any) are you receiving?

Si thee

ufitm
21-09-2007, 22:57
Do you use the VM Webmail service at all? If yes, then firstly do some housekeeping on your mailboxes. If you reach above a certain limit on the (server based) mail service, then (it's probable) that your home mail service will suffer as a consequence.

Otherwise, when you say "blocked" can you please be a little more specific. What kind of error messages (if any) are you receiving?

Si thee
My mailboxes are empty.I had some mails bounced back to me that
i had sent family down under in Oz ,i clicked on a link i the returned email
and it took me to a place where i could check if my ip was on a blocked
list and it is on one that shows i am blocked.

---------- Post added at 22:57 ---------- Previous post was at 22:53 ----------

Sorry forgot to put this on my last post,

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of its recipients after more than 24 hours on the queue on smtp-out4.blueyonder.co.uk.

The message identifier is: The subject of the message is: The date of the message is: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:58:17 +0100

The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:

Delay reason: SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:< SIZE=6562:
host extmail.bpbb.bigpond.com [144.140.90.14]:
451 Mail from your ISP is being temporarily rejected due to a DNS block list. Your ISP can resolve this issue. More information is here http://bigpond.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bigpond.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=12829 (http://bigpond.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bigpond.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=12829)

No action is required on your part. Delivery attempts will continue for some time, and this warning may be repeated at intervals if the message remains undelivered. Eventually the mail delivery software will give up, and when that happens, the message will be returned to you.

Hom3r
22-09-2007, 00:20
I seem to recall that a while ago some VM customers couldn't access some sites due to VM being on a blocked list.

Could be one of those again.

Mick Fisher
22-09-2007, 03:17
I used to keep in touch with a chap in Finland and this sort of thing used to happen very frequently with the then Ntl mail service and with gmail. He told me that it is an ongoing problem for him as it happens to many other people that try to contact him. He said he thought the problem might be with his ISP or with his employer who supplied or paid for his home connection. However he since changed his job, moved home and got a new BB but the same problems continued????
Never got to the bottom of it and eventually lost touch with him because of it. :dunce:

ufitm
22-09-2007, 14:51
use windows mail and outlook 2007 ,and webmail and do a virus scan daily
which show my anti virus is uptodate and i have had the samip address for
quite a long time, been in touch with support today chap talked me through
some things to do , but when after 20 minutes we could put it right , he said would call dack in half and hour that was a couple of hours ago.