PDA

View Full Version : Activation problems

Yatagha
21-09-2007, 20:52
I used to have phone and cable with ntl a few years back. I recently signed up for the phone line so I can get broadband cheaper. I was also was given choice of having cable tv for same price so took it out as well.

Was told that by today I should get a dial tone through my phone line and can use it to active the tv/phone. Come today and i get no dial tone. so I call support and they test the line and confirm there is a problem and i would have to call the activation line to get it sorted (0800 073 685).

Call the activation line and they tell me that i need to set-up my cable tv first and make sure it works before they could can send someone round to look at phone).

So connect stb and the call activation line they said couldn't do it because there was something not set-up that the sales team were supposed to do. So was transferred to sales, sales do what they had to do put me back to activation. They send signal and said will call back in 20 mins, after 20 mins get call but tv not ready so they said would send second signal and call back. Get second call but still no joy. I was told there was nothing else he could do. I was then put through to admin? Admin women she said she would put me through faults to see if loss of service in my area. While waiting phone gets cut off so I think can't be bothered waiting another 1hr 1/2 to get cut off again need to know who the right people are to call.

joglynne
22-09-2007, 00:24
You can do the service check yourself by looking here. (http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/summary.do)

I'm not sure who you should be contacting if there is no sign of a service loss but I am sure that another member will be along to advise you.

Yatagha
22-09-2007, 09:05
Thanks mate but I've already looked that page and my area is not affected by any outages, also my broadband works perfectly fine. I would like to know the most appropriate number to call since I've already incurred almost £5 in call charges because I have to use my mobile.