PDA

View Full Version : Sky HD routing through house

skippy27
21-09-2007, 11:54
i,ve just switched from Sky+ to sky HD . Signal for all my various tv's are routed through the house . Previously with the aid of small in-line eyes i have been able to control Sky+ all around the house but with HD these same units dont seem to work . Any ideas

punky
21-09-2007, 12:01
:welcome: to the site.

I have moved your post out of the articles section (which is reserved for reference articles) into the main forum, which is for queries and help.

Losttheplot
21-09-2007, 13:28
The HD boxes have a thin layer of coloured covering on the front which the IR signals pass through (if you look theres no IR input window). It may be that the IR emitted by the eyes is not sufficient to pass through the covering. You could try lifting off the lid and seeing if it works and if so positioning the IR emitter in a place where it is detected within the box.

Acropolis
20-12-2007, 23:53
If you are refering to the magic eyes that connect onto the RF output from the sky box then they should work fine, you need to make sure that they are connected to RF Output 2 on the back of the Sky box, then go to Service, 4, 01 select, RF outlets, and make sure that the power is turned on and then they should work fine.

Losttheplot
21-12-2007, 09:52
If you are refering to the magic eyes that connect onto the RF output from the sky box then they should work fine, you need to make sure that they are connected to RF Output 2 on the back of the Sky box, then go to Service, 4, 01 select, RF outlets, and make sure that the power is turned on and then they should work fine.

Lets hope he got it sorted within the last three months! ;)