PDA

View Full Version : need some adivce regarding phone line?

madian2
20-09-2007, 19:42
since the 16th july 07 when i had vm installed have nothing but trouble with phone line it only worked for a day on the 18th july now since then the line is dead on my end? so i thought perhaps my phone is the prob went out and got another one from argos but that did not work so took that back and got 1 from a local boot sale that did'nt work so i went to a family member's house and tried the two phones on her line [vm] they worked ? so i rung vm they told me that the phone line is ok ! done there tests they said must be your phones yet these phones work on another vm line but not mine so after many many phone calls to vm i said look if you dont get my phone line working am not going to pay the bill simple as[2 hours l8r no tv]so after a week of useless phone calls i paid the bill yet still i aint got no phone line
when i signed up it was for the 3 for £30 i only got 2 b/band/tv no phone
yet i am being charged for a service i have never had [wot a rip off]?
yet they still say that my phone line is ok

can anybody help me with this prob?
now im stuck in a contract for 12 months

madian2

papa smurf
20-09-2007, 20:44
you probably have a simple diss [disconection caused by a break in the copper cable] as for testing your line we have no eqpt in place to test from the street based mux [ multiplexer] to your home 'this requires an engineers visit, so give c/s a call and demand a service visit[ the fact that when rung your number has ringing tone is no indication that it is working,so dont be fobbed off.

madian2
20-09-2007, 21:57
thanks for the reply m8

will have another go tomorrow see wot happens again then?
yes i will insist that they send someone out?
will they charge me for this?

madian2

chickendippers
20-09-2007, 22:28
You'll be charged £10 if the engineer turns up and you're not in. You might be charged if it was determined that the fault was caused by you, but that's extremely unlikely.

papa smurf
20-09-2007, 22:29
no charge

Nedkelly
20-09-2007, 22:53
It is more likley to be VMs fault so there will be no charge as it a new install:)

madian2
22-09-2007, 15:20
update:

someone is coming thurs 27th to sort my phone line out so thanks louise in swansea call centre for sorting it out so after 2 months of no phone might have it on the 27th sept yipee hope at last:D

madian2