PDA

View Full Version : Can't access ebay 90% of the time.

Retrovertigo
19-09-2007, 20:09
eBay has been stupidly annoying for maybe a week now. It just times out 9 times out of 10. The times it doesn't time out, it takes forever to load and doesn't always load the images.

Another problem I have had with the same site for a while, is that when it's working ok, I can never access any feedback pages. I can buy and sell just fine, but then can't leave feedback for a long time afterwards because most of the time, anything to do with feedback on the site won't load.

Other than that, browsing is again stupidly slow across the whole net. Really infuriating. Thanks.

paul11974
19-09-2007, 20:13
do you have any firewalls installed ? are you connected via a router ?

Retrovertigo
19-09-2007, 20:15
do you have any firewalls installed ? are you connected via a router ?

Zonealarm Pro installed, and connected via router. But I should add that I have had my system set up like that for maybe a year and it's only recently (with no changes to my system) that ebay has started being a pain.

scorp24
19-09-2007, 20:35
hi retrovertigo

i had teh same prob and did this

First: Load Internet Explorer; click: Tools -> Internet Options -> Programs Tab. Next, click Reset Web Settings, and Make sure to also uncheck "reset my home page" check box. Finally, go to Advanced tab and click Restore Defaults.

Retrovertigo
19-09-2007, 20:37
hi retrovertigo

i had teh same prob and did this

First: Load Internet Explorer; click: Tools -> Internet Options -> Programs Tab. Next, click Reset Web Settings, and Make sure to also uncheck "reset my home page" check box. Finally, go to Advanced tab and click Restore Defaults.

Cheers scorp, but this is where my impatience to post results in me not giving all my info in the first place. I don't use I.E, I use Firefox.

scorp24
19-09-2007, 20:58
you could try these one at a time but i think they oly work for I.E,

Go to start/Run then type in

regsvr32 urlmon.dll

shdocvw.dll

regsvr31 shell32.dll

Retrovertigo
19-09-2007, 21:01
Well rather oddly, I actually tried using Internet Explorer, and it loads ebay up just fine. It seems to be a problem limited to Firefox on my system at least. Thanks for the replies.

scorp24
19-09-2007, 21:03
hope you get it sorted but sorry cant help with firefox