PDA

View Full Version : telephone cable

1matt72
15-09-2007, 20:29
not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes
my cat has chewed through my telephone cable so i can't use my phone but virgin media are not happy to fix it,is there any other way that i can reconnect the cables,i can't just connect them like you can with speaker cables
you see i have plenty of cable and i can cut of the bit thats been chewed but then i have to connect them to box outside but they have these plastic connectors on them
is there any connectors i can buy to replace them or can i just connect them like i said above about the speaker wires

MovedGoalPosts
15-09-2007, 20:36
Most phone line cables have 6 wires to them in three pairs. Often only 1 or 2 pairs are actually used. telephone cable can be bought at most DIY stores, as can junction boxes, either for screw connections or push fit using the special plastic tool also sold. Without disturbing your wiring externally in the Virgin Media external box (that really should only be touched by VM techs) you should be able to install your own cable internally simply matching up the coloured wires at your new junction boxes.

naz121
25-09-2007, 19:11
They are called jellys the VM engineer term , you should be able to get them from maplin.

on in an hour!
25-09-2007, 21:11
They are called jellys the VM engineer term , you should be able to get them from maplin.
also known as scotchlocks ;)

PS1
29-09-2007, 15:28
they are called "crimps".
jellys is a made up name and scotchlocks are a brand.