PDA

View Full Version : What would you think??

Nidge
15-09-2007, 16:55
A mate of mine has been fighting cancer for the last 18 months, he's had a tumour removed from behind his eye, the cancr spread to his stomach, they cured that with radio therapy, it then spread to his back they cured that with radio therapy. He's been in remession for the last year or so, anyway last week he decided to book a week away with his missus, he asked the hospital if he was ok to go? They said yeah get gone and enjoy yourself, a few hours later the hospital phoned up and said you can't leave the country till we've seen you on Tuesday, he was going to fly out on Sunday but he's had to cancel it because of what the hospital said to him, he went for some tests last week at Nottingham City Hospital and he's worried sick incase they've found something else and that's the reason they've told him he can't go abroad.

fireman328
15-09-2007, 17:22
A few years ago my late wife was diagnosed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma from which she eventually died.
It appeared to us that the treatment was "fitted in" to actually suit the doctors arrangements with the patient wishes ignored with regard to if it would be convenient.
All I can say about your friend is try to contact the hospital and ask why the R&R was cancelled, if it is a medical need for the patient then well and good but if it was merely a good time to do it the health and welfare of your mate should have been allowed out on leave.
I hope it is nothing serious and give him my regards and best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery.

Nidge
15-09-2007, 18:41
A few years ago my late wife was diagnosed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma from which she eventually died.
It appeared to us that the treatment was "fitted in" to actually suit the doctors arrangements with the patient wishes ignored with regard to if it would be convenient.
All I can say about your friend is try to contact the hospital and ask why the R&R was cancelled, if it is a medical need for the patient then well and good but if it was merely a good time to do it the health and welfare of your mate should have been allowed out on leave.
I hope it is nothing serious and give him my regards and best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery.

Sorry to hear of your loss mate, I hope you had many fond memories of the times with your wife while she was with you. The only thing we can think about the hospital telling him not to go on holiday is the new drugs he's on, he's been given a new sort of drugs which haven't been tried on alot of people with cancer, we can only think thats the reason.