PDA

View Full Version : 20 Mb service for £26.49 wow

stevo_bcfc
14-09-2007, 14:05
i was on the 4 Mb cable service but kept getting capped all the time (lousy 750kb limits).!

so i thought enough is enough and eventually got through to sales dept on the phone.

now here's the good part:

for only another £1.50 per month you will be upgraded to 20 Mb service.

that means £26.49 for 20 Mb. i personally think this offer is amazing, but you have to be cheeky and ask for this, otherwise they deny it exists!!

Mick Fisher
14-09-2007, 14:31
Well good luck to you but it is no more than just another smack in the chops for all the persons paying £37.00 per month. No wonder the network is in the state it's in. :mad:

Mind you, the way my "20meg" performs I doubt that even £26.49 is a bargain. :td:

xspeedyx
14-09-2007, 14:50
if u get a bad speed try downgrading save so money atleast

TraxData
14-09-2007, 14:52
Or if your that bothered by STM, nag them to put you onto the £40/month business package (soon to be 20mbit, at current is 10mbit) with no STM what so ever, then leech away :)

dev
14-09-2007, 15:09
anyone else waiting for the posts from the OP saying he's not getting the 20mb he "pays" for? :p:

Mick Fisher
14-09-2007, 15:13
anyone else waiting for the posts from the OP saying he's not getting the 20mb he "pays" for? :p:
:LOL:

punky
14-09-2007, 15:16
Or if your that bothered by STM, nag them to put you onto the £40/month business package (soon to be 20mbit, at current is 10mbit) with no STM what so ever, then leech away :)

I think that only works if you have broadband only.

AFAIK, you can't have a business and residential account at the same address, and there is no TV service on the business accounts. Not sure about phone.

Can any VM employees confirm that please?

TraxData
14-09-2007, 15:35

AFAIK, you can't have a business and residential account at the same address, and there is no TV service on the business accounts. Not sure about phone.

i have XL TV, Talk Unlimited 24 & Broadband them from them (at £40/month for BB Business package)

punky
14-09-2007, 15:38
Thanks for clearing that up :tu:

SOSAGES
14-09-2007, 16:47
yep i was on 4 meg and got 20 meg for 27 quid a month 26.99 and that includes free phone calls any time for 1 year and the basic tv package.

PC_Arcade
14-09-2007, 17:04

I can also confirm, just signed up now, as soon as I saw that it was an option :)

sprattgraham
14-09-2007, 17:45
yep i was on 4 meg and got 20 meg for 27 quid a month 26.99 and that includes free phone calls any time for 1 year and the basic tv package.

Is this Business or Residential

xspeedyx
14-09-2007, 19:58
grrr why dont people pay the full price

TraxData
14-09-2007, 20:00

Because there is no point paying for 20mbit when your not gonna get it, most people work during the day, and don't enjoy paying £37/month only to be shaped down to 5mbit after an hour of getting home.

And perhaps its also the fact VM keep wasting their income/profit on shareholders and rather useless adverts instead of paying for the upgrades the network actually needs.:p:

xspeedyx
14-09-2007, 20:57
well go and use adsl one word for you freeloader

Enuff
14-09-2007, 21:00
20mb = £17.50pm for me. :p:

TraxData
14-09-2007, 21:01

Haha..aint you funny, im payin £40/month for the 10mbit (soon to be 20 with 1.5mbit up) package, no STM, and im a happy customer, i pay full price for TV and phone as well, not once did i say i didnt, jumping to conclusions, yes?

Anyway...no need to hate on people because they are getting things cheaper, have you thought about the fact if VM couldnt afford to give those packages for them prices, then they wouldn't?

Again...remember VM have not put money into upgrading their network to support 20mbit properly, take 75% of your connection from you as soon as you hit the pathetically low STM limit, and as most people work for a living, one would imagine people dont enjoy coming home and being STM'd down to 5mbit, if i was them id refuse to pay £37/month for such a shoddy service as well, but hey while people still pay full price they have no incentive to sort theirselfs out and bother to fix the problems...eh?:rolleyes:

Pia
14-09-2007, 21:05
Oh yeah because i'm sure if VM offered me 20mb for £26.49 i'd say, 'erm no thank you, i'll pay the full price' :rolleyes:

xspeedyx
14-09-2007, 21:07
no you need to understand that ITS AT THAT PRICE BECAUSE THAT IS THE PRICE VM CHARGE if you dont wanna pay then use a cheaper service

TraxData
14-09-2007, 21:09
no you need to understand that ITS AT THAT PRICE BECAUSE THAT IS THE PRICE VM CHARGE if you dont wanna pay then use a cheaper service

Obviously VM can afford to give the packages away for cheaper, i dont see where your problem is?

If your happy paying £37/month for a service which gets cut by 75% after stm im happy for you.

But other's are not, and if you wanna moan about the prices they get it for, go moan at VM.

P.S before it was VM, i would agree with you, either pay full whack or go elsewhere.

But that's when STM wasnt in place, when the net was actually fast, when routes to USA was actually good, but that's all gone to hell now (except for me, funnily routes on business package are spot on) so i could care less if people ring up and get it cheaper, it's not worth £37/month anymore, simple as.

LiamTG
14-09-2007, 21:24
£23.50 now!

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/service.do?id=2

PC_Arcade
14-09-2007, 22:19

I do :(

Because there is no point paying for 20mbit when your not gonna get it, most people work during the day, and don't enjoy paying £37/month only to be shaped down to 5mbit after an hour of getting home.

And perhaps its also the fact VM keep wasting their income/profit on shareholders and rather useless adverts instead of paying for the upgrades the network actually needs.:p:

AND I agree with this which is why, rather than try and pay less, I signed up for the business package, it's £3 more, but it's an infinitely better deal as far as I'm concerned, I don't want to pay less, I want a decent service

johhn
14-09-2007, 22:20
20mb = £17.50pm for me. :p:

same here, 20mb,plus Talk Unlimited 24 bigger tv package,total 37/m,sharing a vm bb with my housemate who called vm to get the deal but later was told it was a new 12 months contract without being told in the first place over the phone,wondering if it is legal ????
anyway, not happy with STM, will call vm again,if they cant lift the STM for us, will leave for BE, at least myself........just wanna pay for what I wanna get,dont care about the bloody useless discount.

melevittfl
16-09-2007, 20:07

Becuase in a free market economy, companies can only sell what people are prepared to pay for.

If Virgin decide it is worth it to them to sell someone a 20MB package for less than £37, then that's their decision.

xpod
16-09-2007, 20:50

Not everyone who has some type of reduction/deal called up retentions just for the sake of getting said deal.When we go back up to £37 in a month or two though i certainly wont be losing sleep because someone else is paying less.
Good luck to them i say.

Oh dear.....
£23.50 now!

Another bunch of freeloaders then?:rolleyes:
The Samaritans must be doing a roaring trade atm,thats all i can say:p:

PowerUser
16-09-2007, 21:50
Hi

I'm on the £37 per month Package and would like to change to the business package. Can I do this online?. If so How do I?.

Thanks

HSp8
17-09-2007, 10:37
Although I'm paying £ 37 per month, I manage to convince myself that when I started broadband, they've been giving me the £ 9 per month discount (as I also have TV & phone), so it really only costs me £ 28 per month

yeah yeah, I know - denial is not a river in Africa

PC_Arcade
17-09-2007, 10:44
Hi

I'm on the £37 per month Package and would like to change to the business package. Can I do this online?. If so How do I?.

Thanks

You can't do this online, you have to phone NTLTelewest to arrange a business connection, then when all is setup there, cancel the VM line

SOSAGES
17-09-2007, 10:49
Is this Business or Residential

residential i was paying full price for 4 meg. I called up and asked to add a phone service (and free basic tv) and they said sure - that will be 2-3 pounds more a month and u get upgraded to 20meg BB and go on talk unlimited for 1 year. Ok i said.

TheOne
17-09-2007, 11:31
i'm lucky my 20Meg always delivers at 14-18Meg

douglet
17-09-2007, 12:36
The Cable Network Could Not Cope With 10 Meg Imagine Whats Gonna Happen When More People Get 20 Meg It Will Collapse And Die

Nemeth
17-09-2007, 15:33
Yup this seems to be the deal retentions are offering atm. I was on the verge of switching to Be*, given that we're just over a kilometre from a Be* enabled exchange and have an active BT phone line already. VM's retentions team offered us a regrade to Broadband M followed by an upgrade to Broadband XL for an additional £1.50

Enuff
17-09-2007, 23:06
The Cable Network Could Not Cope With 10 Meg Imagine Whats Gonna Happen When More People Get 20 Meg It Will Collapse And Die
Think what'll happen when they launch the 50mb :D

Agent47
17-09-2007, 23:08
Think what'll happen when they launch the 50mb :D

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/09/31.jpg

J.D
18-09-2007, 12:37
£23.50 now!

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/service.do?id=2

C'mon then darthlinux (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/members/29641.html) !!!!!!. Please start shouting that everyone is a freeloader again after seeing the price ON VIRGINS OWN PAGE!!!!!! :dozey:.

I'm paying full price for my 20meg and the full price for 24/7 free calls. I could take advantage of this offer as they are trying to offer me cheaper internet and 24/7 calls but that means taking another 12 month contract out with them.

I live under half a mile from my exchange and due to bad ping problems that have been happening daily (about 7 times a day) since the 20 meg upgrade. I have been forced to move to Be. I contacted CS but got one of the Indian reps that wasted my time and money. I tried to tell him that I have proof (screen shots of half my pings in UK servers being 50 and the other half from 150 - 400 (usually 20 - 30). I also told him it happens frequently and daily. After I done some of the check list crap I butted in and asked him to send an engineer out as I was having problems. He then said something like if you can sign on the internet just now and you're not having any problems at the minute then I cannot book an engineer out.

I told him that it's been happening for 2 weeks now and I warned him that if he didn't send an engineer out that I'd be leaving Virgin Media as I pay for my line mainly for gaming and since the upgrade I've not been able to enjoy the service I pay for. I get full speed 24/7 but what good is a line like that if it's ruining my gaming sessions?.

He just said "Sorry for your troubles but I cannot help you". I was absolutely livid about this but kept my calm, thanked him and placed the phone down. It's a joke, I'm not giving Virgin another penny after getting treated like that. I'm even getting quite pi**ed off even writing this as it made me feel as If I didn't matter to Virgin. No helpfulness at all that I used to enjoy with the UK staff.

I wouldn't pay £15 per month now after getting treated like that. Totally abysmal. I've had 3 dealings with Indian staff now and it's what is making me leave after the way I've been treated. I've still got Virgin now but it should be 2 weeks and I'll be on BE 24 meg.

If they could kill the Indian link then I could have had my problem seen to just now, taken a cheaper internet and phone service for 12 months and stay with Virgin. I'd rather pay £50 deposit for my BT line and then the £24 connection fee than give Virgin another chance. I've been with them before broadband 512k as well. Sad, sad times.

xpod
18-09-2007, 17:41
C'mon then darthlinux !!!!!!. Please start shouting that everyone is a freeloader again after seeing the price ON VIRGINS OWN PAGE!!!!!! .

I'm paying full price for my 20meg and the full price for 24/7 free calls. I could take advantage of this offer as they are trying to offer me cheaper internet and 24/7 calls but that means taking another 12 month contract out with them.

I live under half a mile from my exchange and due to bad ping problems that have been happening daily (about 7 times a day) since the 20 meg upgrade. I have been forced to move to Be. I contacted CS but got one of the Indian reps that wasted my time and money. I tried to tell him that I have proof (screen shots of half my pings in UK servers being 50 and the other half from 150 - 400 (usually 20 - 30). I also told him it happens frequently and daily. After I done some of the check list crap I butted in and asked him to send an engineer out as I was having problems. He then said something like if you can sign on the internet just now and you're not having any problems at the minute then I cannot book an engineer out.

I told him that it's been happening for 2 weeks now and I warned him that if he didn't send an engineer out that I'd be leaving Virgin Media as I pay for my line mainly for gaming and since the upgrade I've not been able to enjoy the service I pay for. I get full speed 24/7 but what good is a line like that if it's ruining my gaming sessions?.

He just said "Sorry for your troubles but I cannot help you". I was absolutely livid about this but kept my calm, thanked him and placed the phone down. It's a joke, I'm not giving Virgin another penny after getting treated like that. I'm even getting quite pi**ed off even writing this as it made me feel as If I didn't matter to Virgin. No helpfulness at all that I used to enjoy with the UK staff.

I wouldn't pay £15 per month now after getting treated like that. Totally abysmal. I've had 3 dealings with Indian staff now and it's what is making me leave after the way I've been treated. I've still got Virgin now but it should be 2 weeks and I'll be on BE 24 meg.

If they could kill the Indian link then I could have had my problem seen to just now, taken a cheaper internet and phone service for 12 months and stay with Virgin. I'd rather pay £50 deposit for my BT line and then the £24 connection fee than give Virgin another chance. I've been with them before broadband 512k as well. Sad, sad times.

Look on the bright side.............at least your still in Edinburgh...

Imagine being stuck down here in London with only 2Mb:shocked:

Words alone cant describe it

:(