PDA

View Full Version : Video doesn't see Vbox signal

GOLFBOY
14-09-2007, 11:42
I have recently updated from the analogue box to a digital Vbox. The guy who installed it has connected up the video as i'd have expected but obviously didn't check it was recieving a signal. The Aerial cable runs from the Vbox to the video then to the TV. The TV works fine but the video doesn't see any channels at all not even when i switch to normal tv function (ie:tv/av button on controller). The video automatically tunes in the channels so i can't play around with it. Do I need to connect it using scart sockets?

Hope someone can help, cheers.

:confused:

Quam256
15-09-2007, 08:12
Was the aeriel used when you were using the analogue box for your 1-5 ,or were they being tuned in thru the analogue box bypassing the aeriel.
When you say the tv works fine ,do you mean 1-5 is tuned into it .?

GOLFBOY
15-09-2007, 14:35
Thanks For Your Reply. I Don't Think I've Explained This Properly, I Meant That The Virgin Media Cable Was Connected From The Entry Into The House To The Vbox Then To The Video Unit Then To The Tv. It Has Been Connected The Same Way For Analogue And Digital Boxes And Was Working Fine With The Analogue Box. Channels 1-5 Are Standard Channels With Channel 6 Being For All Cable Channels.
Now Niether The 1-5 Channels Nor Channel 6 Works, It Is As If The Video Cannot See A Digital Signal, Is This A Possibility?

Cheers

fatassmichael
15-09-2007, 15:01
Do you use a HD tv with a HDMI connections from v+ box?

GOLFBOY
16-09-2007, 10:17
The TV was bought about 3 years ago and although it is digital it isn't HD ready. Sorry don't know what you mean by an HDMI cable. The cable is the one supplied by Virgin when they ran in the vbox, whatever that is. It looks just like an aerial cable to me.
Cheers

Tezcatlipoca
16-09-2007, 13:13
An HDMI cable is used for HD, the V+ box uses it.

I guess the STB doesn't have an analogue pass through, so it's not sending the standard 1-5 to the VCR?

When I had ntl, my first Pace STB sent everything out via the RF output (aerial output), but the 2nd one I got would only output the cable TV signal.

The box should still be outputting the actual STB output though, even if it doesn't send 1-5 too. Try re-tuning the video? Maybe it uses a different channel freq. to your previous boxes.