PDA

View Full Version : internet slow and not repsonding tonight

PAYNEARDO
12-09-2007, 22:35
Is anybody else having trouble on the net tonight ?, getting pages timing out and then after a few refreshes of the page it comes back up again, :confused:

tesco.com is one website effected, I could get to it and now I cant.. It might be .coms as I tried to get to moneysaving expert and that is doind the same :(

DerekRothwell
12-09-2007, 22:40
Is anybody else having trouble on the net tonight ?, getting pages timing out and then after a few refreshes of the page it comes back up again, :confused:

tesco.com is one website effected, I could get to it and now I cant.. It might be .coms as I tried to get to moneysaving expert and that is doind the same :(

Thats usual for this blisteringly fast cable broadband by Virgin Media doncha know? A lightening fast, completely reliable broadband service.

Mick Fisher
12-09-2007, 22:42
I can't get to tesco.com either but everything else I tried seems ok. Maybe the tesco site is down?

PAYNEARDO
12-09-2007, 22:44
Thats usual for this blisteringly fast cable broadband by Virgin Media doncha know? A lightening fast, completely reliable broadband service.

lol

but shock horror it has been fine for the last 3 or 4 weeks here in sunny cleethorpes :) untill tonight. I guess the smoke from the fire in Grimsby is slowing it down. The internet traffic must be getting lost when trying to get through it !!!

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:42 ----------

I can't get to tesco.com either but everything else I tried seems ok. Maybe the tesco site is down?

I thought that at first but then it is doing it to other random sites (mind you it does seem to be dot com ones) I do get through eventually to tesco and it is fine for about 1 min then goes pete tong again "!"

Mick Fisher
12-09-2007, 22:49
I thought that at first but then it is doing it to other random sites (mind you it does seem to be dot com ones) I do get through eventually to tesco and it is fine for about 1 min then goes pete tong again "!"
Well before anyone says try OpenDNS, let me say I do use openDNS and it aint helping with the Tesco site. :)

Sirius
12-09-2007, 22:53
Well before anyone says try OpenDNS, let me say I do use openDNS and it aint helping with the Tesco site. :)

Teco.com is Working fine here in the North West ?

Mick Fisher
12-09-2007, 22:57
Teco.com is Working fine here in the North West ?
Yup, now working here as well. :eek: