PDA

View Full Version : Trafic management official response from Virgin

filmnoir
12-09-2007, 20:44
Hi there

REFERENCE: ******

Thanks for getting in touch with the Virgin Media support team.

The reason your speeds dropped is because of the traffic management we
currently have in place.

If you download 3gb between 4pm - 12am your speed will automatically
drop to 5mb.

It should only happen between these hours.

If there's anything else we can help with, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Econtact Support Team
Virgin Media
KANA REF:********

I live in an area that has just gone from 10meg to 20 meg. Before the upgrade I had no traffic limit and was even unaware of any traffic management in place. Then when it went to 2O I was dropping to 6 or 7 meg. When I asked why that is the response I got. However Im a not downloading 3GB as Im not home till 7PM!! At 8PM I was getting 10 meg this evening.

When I asked Virgin customer service they state its been operating since the 1st of May. Not On my ten meg connection it wasn't. I asked why wasn't it in the terms and conditions? We cant update terms and conditions all the time. Even though they updated the terms and conditions today about usent and newsboard postings They then called me back to say its in the Acceptable use policy. Id already checked it isnt.

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/legal/oncable/acceptableuse.html

As far as I can see, their traffic management is against the acceptable usuage policy as they are targetting all customers who download over 3gb! Not how they should target people who detriment their network as in their own Acceptable use policy.

Ill be pointing this out to OFCOM tommorrow! Why am I paying for a 20 meg line they cap to 5 because they think Ive downloaded 3GIG!

punky
12-09-2007, 21:03
Please don't post duplicate posts.

Thread closed.