PDA

View Full Version : IG2 Outage

Ekin
11-09-2007, 17:21
Hey,

I'm having a loss of TV/Internet in IG2, checked connections (one splitter, 2 out) all are in properly, reseted STB (Pace) and modem (Ambit 250). Modem stuck on sync stage, doesn't go further then that. STB stuck on "NTL" boot-up text.

Called 150, gave me an booking for Thursday-Friday!!! But if it becomes a area problem they will send out a team ASAP.

How can I get this fixed earlier, if not - what provider can connect me with decent internet before Friday?

Regards,
Ekin

MovedGoalPosts
11-09-2007, 17:37
These days to get an engineer to attend within 2-3 days is the norm.

You won't get installation from anywhere else (you'd need a BT phone line) that quickly.

TheNorm
11-09-2007, 17:44
IG2 is Ilford, isn't it? There is a report of an outage in IG11, which might be related.

Click the "service status" link (found on the bottom of every forum page) for more information.

Ekin
11-09-2007, 17:46
IG2 is Newbury Park, very near Ilford - I've seen the Barking one (IG11) but that shows up solved. :(

Nedkelly
11-09-2007, 17:51
If its a big outage then networks will be on it already .It can take time for it to filter down and be put on the status page :)

Ekin
11-09-2007, 17:53
@Nedkelly, thanks for the reply - is it possible for you to check up and tell us if its related to the IG11 outage or maybe I'm connected to some other place (area/exchange/UBR) thats allready having a outage?

Nedkelly
11-09-2007, 17:56
If you know of other people in your street with the same problem then its the local network problem if a ubr has gone down then its Headend problem .From what you are saying both tv and bb are down so it could be a local network prob :)

Ekin
11-09-2007, 19:33
I'm still having this problem, finally got to pop up an error "Err 11" and "Err 12" came on my PACE box for a while then I couldn't get em to show up again. My modem webinfo page is showing up "Network access: Denied" in the Operation Config page and a "Sync timing syrochronization failure - failed to acquire QAM/Q..." in my error log - level 3/critical - counts 7410 - ID 8400100.

EDIT: Does VM have some kind of paid support/remote hands? I'd be more then happy to pay them to fix their own mistake just to get internet back as I need it muchos :(