PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media Online Ordering

andy5309
11-09-2007, 13:59
I've recently moved into a flat on Roseneath Terrace in Edinburgh, which is well within coverage range of VM Cable, I know this because there are two Telewest wall sockets and a VM Broadband router still in the flat, not to mention the notice on the doormat for the previous occupant letting them know that someone had been round to collect the tv box but they were out.

So: I took the smart option. I'm a bit of a tech geek, I study Dis Systems and Networking at University, so I think I would be able to throw a couple of wires together and I ordered the self-start pack online from VM (Large Broadband, Phone and the free TV service) Anyway, it took them a week to even reply by email and even then it was wrong! They were asking for my landlord and neighbour details. So, I phoned them up and they said some crap about there not being cables in my flat, even after I told them I was staring at the Telewest box now, they told me they didn't have the place on the system.

After arguing that the service was already installed they indicated that, although they believed me, they would still have to send a spotter out! Not only that, but it would take between six and ten days for these people to get in contact with me. When asked if they how long it would take before they physically came out, they told me it could be upwards of twenty days! After hearing all the crap about VM failing, you'd think they would be scrambling to get my business! Obviously not!!!

Has anyone got any hints, tips or advice about how best to deal with this situation?

Cheers!

punky
11-09-2007, 14:17
:welcome: to the site.

I think for now, perseverence is the key. Phone back a few times an hopefully you should get through to someone who can help.

andy5309
11-09-2007, 14:35
They said they were passing on my details to the spotters.... will the customer services guys still be able to help me? Or will it be another office that is dealing with my request now?

punky
11-09-2007, 14:41
The CSE should be able to help i'd guess. Otherwise I think its a case of sitting waiting the process out. Even if it does take 10 days it will probably be a lot quicker than ADSL anyway.