PDA

View Full Version : Packaging?

dragon
07-09-2007, 18:11
Is it just me or do some companies go Over the top with packaging?
Ok so they want it to be safe in transit but it seems a bit silly to send a big box for a small item....

(sorry about pic quality but I used my phones camera.)

Not only did it come in that big box they were in the product packaging as well...

jellybaby
07-09-2007, 18:15
I agree. i bought a soft toy off Amazon, it was only a small item. It came in a box big enought to fit my V+ box in lol. Covered in loads of them foam things. And at the bottom was a small box with my item in it. Complete waste of money and resources in my opinion.

dragon
07-09-2007, 18:20
I agree. i bought a soft toy off Amazon, it was only a small item. It came in a box big enought to fit my V+ box in lol. Covered in loads of them foam things. And at the bottom was a small box with my item in it. Complete waste of money and resources in my opinion.

I had a harmony remote from Ebuyer/logitech that came in a huge box for the size of the item as well :confused:

Edit: The items in the pic were from amazon.

Xaccers
07-09-2007, 18:33
When I worked for the MoD, Dell sent us a box about 1'x1'x2'
We opened it and in amongst all the packaging was an anti-static bag with a laptop dimm in it.

dragon
07-09-2007, 18:44
When I worked for the MoD, Dell sent us a box about 1'x1'x2'
We opened it and in amongst all the packaging was an anti-static bag with a laptop dimm in it.

Ive seen a picture (in a newsgroup post) someone took of this rather large box with the caption what's inside?

After a few people guessed he revealed that it was the Button cell battery CPC had missed of his order.

That's an envelope (or at most a jiffy bag) jobbie surely :rolleyes:

v0id
07-09-2007, 19:02

It's not really a waste of money, as you can reuse that packaging when sending your own parcels

dev
07-09-2007, 19:07
some companies actually use boxes they recieve goods in to send out other goods which imo is better as it is direct recycling, this of course means the boxes are usually far too big :p: