PDA

View Full Version : Frozen vodka

greencreeper
07-09-2007, 01:16
Got a bottle of Smirnoff black label vodka. It says on the front of the bottle to freeze it. I don't think it will actually freeze - it's basically anti-freeze. But I'm a bit worried about putting glass in a freezer. Once did it was a bottle of coke. Freezer took some cleaning :disturbd: Has anyone done it?

danielf
07-09-2007, 01:26
Not personally, but I've seen bottles of spirits kept in the freezer. It should'nt be a problem :)

peanut
07-09-2007, 02:20
Vodka won't freeze in your freezer, (it's not cold enough). It will thicken up slightly (and that's the best way to drink vodka).

alferret
07-09-2007, 06:54
Vodka won't freeze in your freezer, (it's not cold enough). It will thicken up slightly (and that's the best way to drink vodka).

:tu::tu::tu:

Yup The best way to drink Vodka, is it to early to partake in a small one? :p:

DocDutch
07-09-2007, 06:57
I used to keep a bottle of Absolute in the freezer for about 2 years (I know it lasted long) but it never froze up and was just a bit thick.

no worries there the alcohol content is too high to freeze ;)

have fun with it I would say

Ramrod
07-09-2007, 07:25
Best way to drink it.....:)

lostandconfused
07-09-2007, 08:19
i have a few bottles in the freezer now, no problems with the glass bottles. although i do always open them and take a bit out of the top before puttting them in.

progers
07-09-2007, 08:19
I spent six months in Amsterdam and all the bars there keep it in the freezer.

Barman takes out a "smoking" bottle and pours you a shot - it's delicious.

Just make sure you drink a few shots (real hardship) to allow expansion room before putting the bottle in the freezer !

goldoni
07-09-2007, 09:16
My nephew has just returned from Moscow with some real Russian Vodka and on the bottle it recommends it’s kept in the freezer. I got a taste for the stuff when my wife worked for a Russian company in Letchworth. Happy days as they (The Russian workers and managers) loved to get us Brits drunk some would not be seen after a few shots. We never did find out who was the KGB officer?

andygrif
07-09-2007, 10:30

What he said.

I always have a bottle in the freezer....it's how it should be served.

greencreeper
07-09-2007, 10:43
Right then - will empty it a bit and put it in the freezer :tu: I'm keen to try it neat and frozen. There's something called Jagermeister which is like cough medicine, and served frozen. It's an interesting drink. I found it made the floor drop lower :erm: :D I was wanting a bottle of vodka because I've moved over to vodka and coke from rum and coke (easier on the stomach). Spotted the black label and thought, "Yeah - will have a bottle"

goldoni
07-09-2007, 11:25
From a little book that came with my bottle, it also recomends to rub frozen vodka on an area of pain :rolleyes: me I drink the stuff then you just don't care, mine is called Black Ice

Many people who live past 100 year milestone, have a habit to drink 30-50 grams of vodka or cognac every day. It helps prevent atherosclerosis and improve blood circulation. Sometimes a little vodka can help to fall asleep easily. In the winter people may consume alcohol to stay warm. :drunk:

Uncle Peter
07-09-2007, 12:14
Right then - will empty it a bit and put it in the freezer :tu: I'm keen to try it neat and frozen. There's something called Jagermeister which is like cough medicine, and served frozen. It's an interesting drink. I found it made the floor drop lower :erm: :D I was wanting a bottle of vodka because I've moved over to vodka and coke from rum and coke (easier on the stomach). Spotted the black label and thought, "Yeah - will have a bottle"

No sipping now.. down in one. Na zdrowie!

Wicked_and_Crazy
07-09-2007, 13:13
Have a bottle of Vanilla Stolichnaya in the freezer all the time. I goes thicker and you do get ice crystals in it. Put a shot glass in the freezer too so that you can drink it as cold as possible

Hom3r
07-09-2007, 13:18
read about some some russains who fish on frozen rivers, and put the bottle in snow, the temp is about -65 degrees

I put Blue Lable Smirnoff (100 proof - 50% alcohol) in the freezer without opening it I have never had a problem, other than freezing my hand off holdong the bottle to pour a large one.

Uncle Peter
07-09-2007, 13:24
Luksusowa is worth checking out. It's Polish potato vodka which tastes a fair bit different and smoother than the grain vodkas most people are used to.

Angua
07-09-2007, 15:03
Not recommended for cheap vodka though as you end up with ice crystals and a thin vodka.

The Finnish drink frozen vodka out of little wooden cups, lovely..:D

Taf
07-09-2007, 16:11
It's also a good idea to chill the glasses too, proper ones have thick bottoms to hold the cold... my Czech friends keep dozens of glasses in the freezer.... and I've only had one stick to my lip a couple of times :D

Barewolf
07-09-2007, 17:36
Slightly off topic....

My mates been making Vodka Jelly, apparently he sticks that in the freezer before he makes it, something to do with the boiling water and keeping the alcohol high, *Scratches head*

AntiSilence
07-09-2007, 18:04
Got a bottle of Smirnoff black label vodka. It says on the front of the bottle to freeze it. I don't think it will actually freeze - it's basically anti-freeze. But I'm a bit worried about putting glass in a freezer. Once did it was a bottle of coke. Freezer took some cleaning :disturbd: Has anyone done it?

I always put vodka in the freezer. It doesn't freeze, it just goes really thick and 'gloopy'.

It only freezes when there's only a bit left, and then the bottle is safe as it has plenty of room to expand.

Nidge
07-09-2007, 19:41

Send it to me and I'll test it for you,:D:D if it's no good you can always send me another tester and so on:D:D:D:D:D:D:D. You see I'm to kind hearted at times.

progers
07-09-2007, 22:32
Right then - will empty it a bit and put it in the freezer :tu: I'm keen to try it neat and frozen. I was wanting a bottle of vodka because I've moved over to vodka and coke from rum and coke (easier on the stomach). Spotted the black label and thought, "Yeah - will have a bottle"

Yes, you need to try it neat and frozen but forget the ruining it bit with Coke!!!!

greencreeper
07-09-2007, 22:50
No sipping now.. down in one. Na zdrowie!
Oh I'm a sipper - like to savour it :)

read about some some russains who fish on frozen rivers, and put the bottle in snow, the temp is about -65 degrees
Bit on the chilly side is that :erm:

I put Blue Lable Smirnoff (100 proof - 50% alcohol) in the freezer without opening it I have never had a problem, other than freezing my hand off holdong the bottle to pour a large one.
Not seen that one yet, though I've heard of it. The Black label I spotted in Costco - not seen it anywhere else.

Luksusowa is worth checking out. It's Polish potato vodka which tastes a fair bit different and smoother than the grain vodkas most people are used to.
Think I might of heard of that - name looks familiar. Potato though. Thought that was moonshine :D

Not recommended for cheap vodka though as you end up with ice crystals and a thin vodka.
Also blindness and kidney failure with some of the really cheap vodkas

The Finnish drink frozen vodka out of little wooden cups, lovely..:D
Interesting. I wonder why - maybe it adds to the taste

Mr_love_monkey
07-09-2007, 23:06
I'm tempted to get a bottle now and freeze it... gloopy... sounds fun.

lauzjp
08-09-2007, 00:45
Right then - will empty it a bit and put it in the freezer :tu: I'm keen to try it neat and frozen. There's something called Jagermeister which is like cough medicine, and served frozen. It's an interesting drink. I found it made the floor drop lower :erm: :D

The night before my wedding I ended up having the Jager in a cocktail with vodka, coke, lime, and absinthe! It was quite nice actually... :D