PDA

View Full Version : where did my number go?

john_gone
05-09-2007, 13:10
Been with ntl:/VM for 6-ish years. Always with the same phone number.

Friday my phone line goes dead - completely out of the blue. TV and BB still work fine.

Phone VM to get it fixed and they tell me that the phone number I used to have 'was never my number and is not registered on my account'.
In fact they tell me that the number is registered to someone else!

I explain to them that I don't care what their system says - I've had that number for 6 years and it's always worked fine.

Now I'm told they will have to transfer the number onto my account and after 3 1/2 days still have a dead phone line :td:

Mick Fisher
05-09-2007, 14:05
Yup that sounds just like the typical VM cocked-up CS. :rolleyes:

The reality might be that an engineer working in your cab somehow disconnected you in error....

You should phone again as it sounds like that agent didnt know what to do so has just given you the first fob-off he could think of to get you off his phone line. :mad:

john_gone
05-09-2007, 14:32
Yup that sounds just like the typical VM cocked-up CS. :rolleyes:

The reality might be that an engineer working in your cab somehow disconnected you in error....

You should phone again as it sounds like that agent didnt know what to do so has just given you the first fob-off he could think of to get you off his phone line. :mad:

Phone again you say... pah!
I'm on th phone as we speak to the 18th (yes 18th in 3 days) csr.
The number has been removed from my account and they can't decide if it's faults or customer services I need to speak to :dunce:

my record so far is 7 transfers :cool:

Mick Fisher
08-09-2007, 19:21
Sounds like you need to arrange a new phone line from a supplier that has a clue.

VM are OK till things go wrong then they usually become a total waste of space as you are finding out. :td:

Paul K
08-09-2007, 19:30
And jsut give up on the telephone number he has had for year? No chance. Keep complaining, do you have bills showing the number? If so tell them to give you your number back or you want compensation for all the messing around you will have to endure.
I would keep posting here too as you may find a friend staff member may offer to escalate the issue for you.

Rapid Dr3am
08-09-2007, 23:43
You don't want faults.

Faults will look at it and say the number you have matches the one on the account, no fault found.

I know people find it hard to understand but faults don't make changes to accounts they aren't even taught how to make changes. They don't amend things or do ports or even hire and fire techs.

john_gone
10-09-2007, 09:36
You don't want faults.

I know - shame that everyone at VM tells me when I call in 'you need faults'.

I get transfered to faults and they say 'we can't do anything cos there's no fault on the line'.

Been round that one about 5 times :confused:

Still - they tell me 'it's being looked at' now so that's good :rolleyes:

chickendippers
10-09-2007, 10:36
Have you told them that faults can't do anything when they try and transfer you?

I went round in circles fixing my friend's BT Broadband order (which they cocked up) and I was about to be transferred for the umpteenth time until I told the lady that I'd spoken to tech support twice already - she then sorted me out there and then!

john_gone
10-09-2007, 11:18
Have you told them that faults can't do anything when they try and transfer you?

Sometimes that works - sometimes I get the supervisor calling back and insisting I talk to faults :erm:

One of the problems is that most of the people you talk to can't even see your account (despite typing in my phone number). So straight away it's blind luck - and so far EVERY time I get someone who's on ICOMs and can't deal with Harmony/SABS accounts.
So straight away that's a transfer.

Quite why CSRs can't have access to both systems is beyond me. Or why can't the system divert me to a CSR on Harmony when I type my number in? :mad:

I'm now told they have to fill in a form to get my number put back on my account?