PDA

View Full Version : loss of service, high power levels

dudedude
03-09-2007, 14:55
I have recently signed up to Virgin, about 3 weeks as a customer.

This is in an existing cabled house.

I have found

* only one cable point works for the modem, the other one connects but internet does not work
* upstream power levels consistently high, 57.5 to 58.6

Had one complete loss of service about a week ago (including TV - this was an area-wide issue), while last night my modem stopped working.

The problem experienced was the modem crashing (no route to host on ping) after connecting to Web interface and navigating a few links. Switching modems gave similar problems - connected to internet, can ping, but cannot get any HTTP traffic.

It's now working (wasn't working this morning though), but I don't think it's really acceptable, and I don't want to be wasting an hour regularly because of these problems.

I would like to contact technical support to address the power level issue, because I am concerned that I will have ongoing problems otherwise.

Is it possible to get them out specifically to address this issue? I have no desire to spend hours on phone to premium rate Indian call centre going through a script that advises me to reboot my PC, unplug my modem.

Simply: power levels high, please send engineer.

saabmania2
03-09-2007, 19:15
hi,
are you signed on to the ( virginmedia.support.broadband.cable ) newsgroup, it's worth signing upto as some of the tech's in the virgin call centres answer your questions and can resolve issues for you, they can take a little time to reply, but at least it doesn't cost 25p p/min.
also i has simular issues to you and i posted the power levels on there and they looked into it for me and said they would send a tech out asked when would be convenient and gave 3 time options i.e 8am-12pm 12pm-4pm or 4pm-7pm
very good service
hth
paul