PDA

View Full Version : nightmare.. Bedsit or flat!?

danmed
31-08-2007, 15:15
I've moved house and took my virgin service (bb) with me and added a tv package with it.

Guy came and installe dit and everythign is fine.

It now seems they want to take it off me

Apparently there has been a screw up with the address and someone else in the building has had their connection turned off.

I live in room 2, they live in flat 2.

Virgin are now telling me i may not be able to have the services because they dont provide bedsits with service..

Does anyone know what they class as a bedsit? i have my own kitchen and bathroom and only share a hallway (just like any other block of flats).....

rosstilley
31-08-2007, 16:04
Technically they have agreed to provide you with service and have issued a contract to that effect, if you cancel before the end of the agreement you are liable for the full basic amount of the package you’re on, however, I’m unsure on the T&C’s of the installation of service but there is more than likely a clause that states that they are able to suspend service at any time. – So it might be worth looking into your T&C’s before acting!

Secondly, it looks like if they have made a mistake it’s been passed by quite a few times! – Sales rep to contractor, contractor to installer. So there may be a way to push that also. Surely it would have been picked up!?

From a connection point of view they might be able to split the signal at the junction box and connect you both. The fact that your neighbour has been disconnected probably means the installer was not doing his job properly! I suppose the duel connection is also dependent on the location of your bedsit and their flat.

It might worth appealing to their bester interests and play the ‘confused’ card. They might be able to arrange it at their discretion.

RE: 'Discription of Bedsit' - This is more than likely down to getting a landlords permission. Usually you’re only aloud 1 account per household (for most services) – so if you’re in a bed sit and other people want service this would restrict them. I guess it’s a case by case basis if it’s not mentioned in their contacts.

Ross