PDA

View Full Version : Cabling to my flat

masondixon
31-08-2007, 12:18
I placed an order for a VM bundle on 3 August - no problems with cable availability in my area. On 6 August I received an email from 'the team at Virgin Media' saying, among other things:

We've taken a look at your details and checked your address to see which services we can bring to you. It looks like we'll need to do a little more investigation first before we can give you a definite answer.

Nothing seemed to be happening after two weeks so after chasing on the helpline (who were helpful) a couple of times. I got this email on 22 August:

Dear Sir

Thanks for applying for Virgin Media service.
But we regret to inforn you this point in time that your address is not serviceable for our service due to the fact that it requires further construction work.
Once that has been done, we will be able to provide you with ourservice.

In the meantime if we have a change in circumstance, we will let you know as soon as possible

Sincere Regards

Virgin Media SOS Dept
Nottingham

I have green boxes nearby on the street but I am on the top (3rd) floor of a Glasgow Tenement block and I'm not sure if anyone else in the building has cable.

Grateful for feedback or some idea of when/if I'll be cabled up. I'm missing the football!

Paul K
31-08-2007, 13:08
If you haven't been cabled up till now you probably won't be in the forseeable future.