PDA

View Full Version : 24 Hours To Upgrade

Claire88
30-08-2007, 17:58
Why do they tell you it takes 24 hours to upgrade?

I've just upgraded over the phone from 2mb to 4mb the lady said it'll take 24 hours.

Any time I've went up or down speeds the change happens straight away and if it doesn't happen straight away it won't happen at all. :rolleyes:

Looks like I'll be phoning them tomorrow to tell them to send the signal they didn't bother to send when they were supposed to. :dunce:

goldoni
30-08-2007, 18:18
It can take that amount of time, unplug your modem count to 30 and re-power and see if you have been upgraded. To tell you the truth unless you live in a village with five other houses and three of them are with Talk talk you may not notice a great change. I'm on 20Mb/s and I swear I had faster service when I went from 256K to 1Mb/s now that was fast.

Oh I nearly forgot :welcome: how so very rude of me.

When I had my modem swaped over the guy in customer retentions did it on the spot as soon as I had re-booted it was working.

Claire88
30-08-2007, 18:26
It can take that amount of time, unplug your modem count to 30 and re-power and see if you have been upgraded. To tell you the truth unless you live in a village with five other houses and three of them are with Talk talk you may not notice a great change. I'm on 20Mb/s and I swear I had faster service when I went from 256K to 1Mb/s now that was fast.

Oh I nearly forgot :welcome: how so very rude of me

It doesn't take 24 hours. The CS person can send a signal straight away from their computer which will update your modem immediately. This person I spoke to didn't bother doing that. :sleep:

goldoni
30-08-2007, 18:31
It doesn't take 24 hours. The CS person can send a signal straight away from their computer which will update your modem immediately. This person I spoke to didn't bother doing that. :sleep:

Like I said it can take that time if the network is busy so it gets put on a list. but like I said give your modem a re-boot and see if it's been done. :rolleyes:

Claire88
30-08-2007, 18:34
Like I said it can take that time if the network is busy

Nonsense. :td:

goldoni
30-08-2007, 18:44
Nonsense. :td:

I can see you waiting 48Hrs:p:

DocDutch
30-08-2007, 18:59
claire reboot the modem as has been suggested and you'll see that you'll have the correct speed for 4meg.

at least wait 1 minute to reboot it tho. just be patient

smucks
30-08-2007, 18:59
Most of my upgrades have been done in a couple of hours one did take 24 hours, but if your not interested in listerning to advice that you have asked other forum members for you could always call tech support.

Welcome to the forum.

yer nice one
30-08-2007, 19:02
Ive had exactly the same problems -

I was told it would take 24 hours to upgrade, and it never happend. ended up calling back about 5 times(Over 3 days), getting pushed through different departments(saying account number and 1st line of address every time) i got put through to another department.

The last time I called I got real nice Indian women, which sorted me out in about 3 minutes. knew exactly what she was doing and held on the line till i was back online.:angel: - well impressed by her skills.

overall the support is...
:td::td::td:

Claire88
30-08-2007, 19:07
Just got off the phone with them again and guess what? Yes, it has upgraded. This person did what that other person didn't do.

And he gave me a lecture about looking at the modem configuration. Haha.

danielrostron
06-09-2007, 13:54
I rang up yesterday to upgrade my 2mb to 20mb as they offered me a pretty good deal on that and the phone line to stop us moving to BT. She said it would be upgraded within 2hours (even though i know upgrades are usually instant), so i went and rebooted the modem, router and computers just on the off chance it would have already been sent. It hadn't. Fair enough i thought so i left it for 2 hours, did the same again, no 20mb signal on the modem. Strange i thought, left it for another 2 hours and still nothing. Rang them back got through to a woman who told me it could take up to 24 hours as the system may be slow but she said the 20mb has been applied to my account. So i waited till this morning, did the usual reboots, still nothing. So i rang back, got through to someone who told me that the offer was on my account but hadnt been processed and she couldn't process it so she had to email the woman who did the offer and wait for her reply. At first she told me that she'd never heard of the offer that the woman at VM had offered me and tried to tell me that offer was for 2mb, but upon checking the account she could see that it was for 20mb.
Am i being given the run around here? I know my modem supports 20mb so there shouldn't be a problem surely its just a case of them enabling it on my line. I presume the woman who offered me the new deal was from retentions as we we're in the process of porting over to BT so they were offering us all sorts to stay with them. Is it worth ringing back and trying to get through to that department and speaking to someone there as they obviously have the power to give these deals out etc?

any help much appreciated.
Dan.

fatassmichael
06-09-2007, 13:57
danielrostron, :welcome: to the forum.
I would give them a ring back, as i have literally just been upgraded to the 20meg myself, it was done while i was still on the phone.

danielrostron
06-09-2007, 14:02
hi btw!
Right, but the woman on the phone was saying she couldn't do anything with the deal, is there another department i should ring through to as it doesnt seem like they could change anything. I knew the upgrades were instant.
Btw i rang 150 and option 2 (change services). Is that right? Dont want to ring tech support really.

EDIT - on the phone now, it was a customer relations offer so CS couldnt change anything but she's passing me through to them now. Very helpful lady she was! Lets hope CR can sort it whilst im on the phone!

fatassmichael
06-09-2007, 14:06
i would ring back through to retentions, option 4, and get them to sort it, as it does sound like you spoke to them when they offered you the deal.

danielrostron
06-09-2007, 14:21
i would ring back through to retentions, option 4, and get them to sort it, as it does sound like you spoke to them when they offered you the deal.

Yeh the chap at CR said that they have to speak to the woman who offered us the deal as its all down in the notes. But he said he could put me on the 20mb for 3 months deal so i get it now, and when the lady who put me on the deal comes in she can sort it out to be put to 12 months.
And would you believe it when i put the phone down i restarted the router and im on 20mb. Simple!

fatassmichael
06-09-2007, 14:43
shame you had to go through all that though, good you got it sorted.

danielrostron
06-09-2007, 15:09
Yeh, im not holding up much hope for the lady from CR to ring me though to make sure we go onto the deal for 12months. if she doesnt ring today i'll ring them tommorow and to make sure.