PDA

View Full Version : favourite football matches

wwe
29-08-2007, 00:03
What your favourite football matches?
mine is when liverpool won the ufea championship league from 2004 - 2005

TheDaddy
29-08-2007, 00:14
1991 FA cup semi final West Ham vs Nottm Forest, if you were there you'd know why!

Shadow Demon UK
29-08-2007, 11:33
Man Utd v Juventus 1999 2nd Leg

Also, Arsenal 2-4 Man Utd 2005

skyblueheroes
29-08-2007, 13:52
87 Cup Final.

3-2 to the Sky Blues.

homealone
29-08-2007, 15:56
1968 European Cup final

Man Utd 4 Benfica 1

Uncle Peter
29-08-2007, 16:17
That South American game a few yeas ago when the ref had to scale a fence to escape an angry mob of players and staff from both teams :)

yesman
31-08-2007, 17:05
Manchester United 4 Liverpool 0 (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/2895711.stm) :D

TheBlueRaja
31-08-2007, 17:14
Ah the "Man U Loyal"..

Shadow Demon UK - Location - Surrey
homealone - Location - Cleethorpes
yesman - Location - Cambridge

No doubt regular season ticket holders too.:rolleyes:

Anyway - Scotland 1 France 0 - the best atmosphere i've ever encountered at any football match anywhere.

Derek
31-08-2007, 17:17

Is that a prawn sandwich I smell? :D

Anyway back to the matter at hand. Scotland Vs Holland when we beat them 1-0 at Hampden. Great game and I know we got a kicking a few days later but who cares I enjoyed that day and night.

homealone
31-08-2007, 17:17
Ah the "Man U Loyal"..

Is about favourite match, not who you support - nice try for your usual wind-up, but no cigar this time. ;)

Shadow Demon UK
31-08-2007, 17:23
Ah the "Man U Loyal"..

I actually used to go to all home games until i started working weekends, also, there's no rule to say that you must support a team near where you live and no other ;)

TheBlueRaja
31-08-2007, 17:27
Is about favourite match, not who you support - nice try for your usual wind-up, but no cigar this time. ;)

Awww!

Download Failed (1)

Osem
31-08-2007, 19:10
Favourite football matches?? Hmmmm.. they'll be the ones which West Ham win.

:)

danielf
31-08-2007, 19:15
Is that a prawn sandwich I smell? :D

Anyway back to the matter at hand. Scotland Vs Holland when we beat them 1-0 at Hampden. Great game and I know we got a kicking a few days later but who cares I enjoyed that day and night.

Holland-Scotland 6-0. I liked that game :)

Seriously, In recent years Liverpool's Champion's league final win really stands out as one of the most amazing matches I've seen. It had all the drama and twists and turns you can expect from a match. Great stuff.

pedantic
31-08-2007, 19:16
Ah the "Man U Loyal"..

Ah! And not forgetting the Liverpool fan from Scotland. ;)

TheBlueRaja
31-08-2007, 19:50
Ah! And not forgetting the Liverpool fan from Scotland. ;)

I'm not a Liverpool fan, i said that if im watching English games Liverpool is my preference.

Unlike all you Man U "fans" out there...

kingbuxton
31-08-2007, 19:57
Man UTD 4 - Real Madrid 3. Ronaldo Hatrick got a 65,000 standing ovation. Becks last game. Was hot as hell in the stadium and the whole place was a carnival.

All England games from Italia90 (the one we should have won).

The Brazil v France game from Mexico86 I think - Zico came on and missed a penalty.

P.S Live just outside Bolton (about 20mins from OT) supported them since Arsenal beat us in the Cup final.

gazzae
31-08-2007, 19:59
One of my favourite matches was Rangers 7 - 2 Falkirk ;)

TheBlueRaja
31-08-2007, 20:05

OUTSIDE!!! :mad:

Shadow Demon UK
31-08-2007, 20:07

:rofl:

Russ
31-08-2007, 20:09
1999 Champions's League final.

(from a Man U fan who used to live in Manchester)

TheBlueRaja
31-08-2007, 20:13

Didn't they all? :shrug:

zing_deleted
31-08-2007, 20:21

I would have to ditto that match

bhoywonder1967
31-08-2007, 20:40
For me it's Celtic v Juventus (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izxxQLpZKfw) in the Champions League from season 01/02.

pedantic
31-08-2007, 20:46
What about the game when Falkirk beat................Oh never mind!

Paul
31-08-2007, 20:48
One of the Best matches I can recall watching (on MOTD) was Norwich 3 Liverpool 5, quite a few years ago now.

kingbuxton
31-08-2007, 20:50
One of the Best matches I can recall watching (on MOTD) was Norwich 3 Liverpool 5, quite a few years ago now.

Is that the one when Justin Fashanu scored that wicked curl on the turn from like 30 yards, awsome goal?

Mal
31-08-2007, 21:31
I'm not a Liverpool fan, i said that if im watching English games Liverpool is my preference.

Unlike all you Man U "fans" out there...So a Liverpool fan then, just reworded? So are not a Falkirk fan? If you're watching a Scottish game your preference is to watch Falkirk? ;)

Didn't they all? :shrug:Not all ;)

on in an hour!
31-08-2007, 22:09
no-ones yet mentioned the liverpool v newcastle match,4-3 to liverpool.collymore in injury time with the winner.keegan (judas) hanging his head into the advertising hoardings....classic!!!! (im a bolton fan by the way)

TheBlueRaja
31-08-2007, 22:36
So a Liverpool fan then, just reworded? So are not a Falkirk fan? If you're watching a Scottish game your preference is to watch Falkirk? ;)

Not all ;)

Wouldn't be like a Manc to get easily confused.

Let me spell it out for you, like nearly 95% of Man U "fans", i've never been to a premiership game where the team i enjoy watching is playing and as such i dont class myself as a supporter, unlike Man U fans.

However i attend (you know - the game itself not just watch it on the box) nearly every Falkirk game and as such am a supporter.

Really, you would have thought by now they'd be teaching Man U fans this stuff on MOTD.

Paul
31-08-2007, 22:40
Is that the one when Justin Fashanu scored that wicked curl on the turn from like 30 yards, awsome goal?
Yep.

Shadow Demon UK
31-08-2007, 22:42

Let me spell it out for you, like nearly 95% of Man U "fans", i've never been to a premiership game where the team i enjoy watching is playing and as such i dont class myself as a supporter, unlike Man U fans.

However i attend (you know - the game itself not just watch it on the box) nearly every Falkirk game and as such am a supporter.

Really, you would have thought by now they'd be teaching Man U fans this stuff on MOTD.

Just because some people are unable to get to games for various reason like not being able to afford it, too high of demand for tickets, travel etc, doesn't mean they cannot be a fan/supporter.

TheBlueRaja
31-08-2007, 22:47
Just because some people are unable to get to games for various reason like not being able to afford it, too high of demand for tickets, travel etc, doesn't mean they cannot be a fan/supporter.

You missed the real reason, because they are Glory Hunters who live nowhere near Manchester.

Would have thought you'd have had that one in there right at the top... :p:

And if they cant afford it or there is too high a demand or your too far away, here's a suggestion:-

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAM!

danielf
31-08-2007, 23:03
And if they cant afford it or there is too high a demand or your too far away, here's a suggestion:-

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAM!

Even if they're crap and watching them is like watching paint dry? I can think of better ways to spend the afternoon.

on in an hour!
31-08-2007, 23:04

he he!!!

kingbuxton
31-08-2007, 23:07
It's the old, old story. Liverpool had it in the 70's and 80's. Chelsea have it now. Any team that wins gets the leachers. Never assume that UTD can't fill OT when the success falls off, it's folly. It was full in the old second Div, was full in the 70's 80's and 90's and still is. When all the hangers on leach onto someone else, the real fans will get a chance. As is everything involving UTD it get picked on and amplified.

Shadow Demon UK
31-08-2007, 23:16
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAM!

So if i moved house would i have to change the team i support, because if i carried on supporting them i would be breaking your rule of having to support the football team nearest to where i live? My local team atm would probably be Chelsea, so do you think i should start supporting them now then? Theres more to supporting a football team than where you live.

homealone
31-08-2007, 23:27
sadly a thread intended to solicit opinion about individual football matches has degenerated into the usual tribal crap :(

kingbuxton
31-08-2007, 23:30
sadly a thread intended to solicit opinion about individual football matches has degenerated into the usual tribal crap :(

That's forums for you. There should be a formula that can tell you how long it will take, there is one that says all forums turn to Nazi within so many posts (this doesn't count). Unfortunatley you can't bring UTD into any discussion without it getting nasty, that's the way it is.

TheBlueRaja
31-08-2007, 23:33

Im a firestarter, twisted firestarter...

Shadow Demon UK
31-08-2007, 23:35

Your right.

Back on topic - One of the best England games i've seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFBvVZxIZ54&mode=related&search=

danielf
31-08-2007, 23:46
One of the best England games I've seen was England - Holland at Euro 96. Did I not like that... :D

---------- Post added at 23:46 ---------- Previous post was at 23:45 ----------

Im a firestarter, twisted firestarter... I'm sure you can think of other words that fit the bill.

yesman
31-08-2007, 23:51
Awww!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/stoke/sport/angling/images/tiddler_270.jpg

I think you were the one who was tempted by the bait :D

Mal
01-09-2007, 10:43

Really, you would have thought by now they'd be teaching Man U fans this stuff on MOTD.Well you seemed to be getting confused over the term "fan". Strange how our attendances are one of the highest in the league. Just because we appeal to more people than the locals...and that never happened to your second club in the '70s/'80s eh?

You missed the real reason, because they are Glory Hunters who live nowhere near Manchester.

Would have thought you'd have had that one in there right at the top... :p:

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAM!I do support my local team, but who really cares about that? You for some reason...

sadly a thread intended to solicit opinion about individual football matches has degenerated into the usual tribal crap :(Well, it was going along fine, no taunting until someone had a pop in this (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34387558-post8.html) post...sorry about having to reply Gaz...

That's forums for you. There should be a formula that can tell you how long it will take, there is one that says all forums turn to Nazi within so many posts (this doesn't count). Unfortunatley you can't bring UTD into any discussion without it getting nasty, that's the way it is.See my reply to Homealone...

TheBlueRaja
02-09-2007, 12:45
I do support my local team, but who really cares about that? You for some reason...

Good on ya mate - your one in a million.

Literally.

Mal
02-09-2007, 13:35
Good on ya mate - your one in a million.

Literally.Nah, it's just that some people are not as fixated on fans coming from a 10 mile radius of the ground, as some people seem to be...

punky
02-09-2007, 13:53
I do support my local team, but who really cares about that? You for some reason...

And me. Yes, Utd is your local team, but for most, it isn't. And with no disrespect to anyone that disagrees with me, I would just like to share my thoughts on it.

I think its a shame and a blight* on football that people just support any team they fancy. It goes against the principal of football. Football was founded on men going to see their local team. They didn't have the money to travel across the country, or even city just to see their local team play.

If its OK to support a non-local team in football, then is it OK to support another country in football too? Can you imagine people born and raised in England supporting West Germany in 1966 because they had more success than us?

People don't live and die in the same place anymore like they used to but just supporting another team because they happen to win more than your local team goes against the whole spirit of football.

Just my :2cents:

* A popular team gets more revenue than a less popular team. More revenue means more/better signings, which can mean better results, which results in more fans and more revenue. More revenue means... Football needs fans spread on geography and not on results.

superbiatch
02-09-2007, 14:02
Liverpool 2005 Champion League Final :D (oh and i do live in Liverpool before anyone starts :nono:)

punky
02-09-2007, 14:20
Back on topic... I'm a Spurs supporter so I not really used to picking out a favourite. Like trying to pick you favourite cold sore.

Spurs 6 - 2 Southhampton in the FA cup was quite a night. Rocket Ronny Rosenthal (The Ole of North London) scored a hat-trick.

Also, 4-1 against Man Utd a few years ago was a rare great night too :)

Mal
02-09-2007, 14:30
And me. Yes, Utd is your local team, but for most, it isn't. And with no disrespect to anyone that disagrees with me, I would just like to share my thoughts on it.

I think its a shame and a blight* on football that people just support any team they fancy. It goes against the principal of football. Football was founded on men going to see their local team. They didn't have the money to travel across the country, or even city just to see their local team play.

If its OK to support a non-local team in football, then is it OK to support another country in football too? Can you imagine people born and raised in England supporting West Germany in 1966 because they had more success than us?

People don't live and die in the same place anymore like they used to but just supporting another team because they happen to win more than your local team goes against the whole spirit of football.

* A popular team gets more revenue than a less popular team. More revenue means more/better signings, which can mean better results, which results in more fans and more revenue. More revenue means... Football needs fans spread on geography and not on results.It is just an extremely petty thing to get worked up about. Enjoy the football, instead of trying to work out how many of the opposition fans come from the "locale". I am surprised that no-one has suggested we have a "local fan" test before they let the fans in :rolleyes:

Things have moved on. People can afford to travel to a non-local team. Freedom of choice and all...

...and the suggestion that it is just Utd is also silly. As far as I am aware, the OP is from Blackpool, yet supports Liverpool, but only the Utd fans got the stick. It happens to other teams as well.

If anyone should moan about non-local fans, it should be the fans of that team, not others.

---------- Post added at 14:30 ---------- Previous post was at 14:29 ----------

Liverpool 2005 Champion League Final :D (oh and i do live in Liverpool before anyone starts :nono:)I wasn't going to say anything :)

Shadow Demon UK
02-09-2007, 14:39
Spurs 6 - 2 Southhampton in the FA cup was quite a night. Rocket Ronny Rosenthal (The Ole of North London) scored a hat-trick.

Also, 4-1 against Man Utd a few years ago was a rare great night too :)

Yours reminded me of another, Man Utd 5 - 3 Spurs. United 3-0 down at half time then scoring 5 unanswered goals to win in the second half :)

pedantic
02-09-2007, 14:42
<snip>

As has been said Gav, it's not just Man U, but the stick always comes in our direction. Even your beloved Spurs has supporters clubs (http://www.mehstg.com/supportclubs.htm) here there and everywhere. My ex's dad was born and bred in Bow (so is a proper cockney) but is a Spurs supporter. My ex, of course is a West Ham fan, and has the gob to prove it. :erm:

TheBlueRaja
02-09-2007, 14:43

* A popular team gets more revenue than a less popular team. More revenue means more/better signings, which can mean better results, which results in more fans and more revenue. More revenue means... Football needs fans spread on geography and not on results.

:clap::nworthy:

Not to mention the fact that some teams actively invest in the local community. By supporting a team thats close to you you are actually helping your local community to grow and prosper.

All your doing by wearing a Man U top when your nowhere near manchester is advertising to the world what a glory hunting ........ you are.

You might as well drive a BMW.

---------- Post added at 14:43 ---------- Previous post was at 14:42 ----------

As has been said Gav, it's not just Man U, but the stick always comes in our direction. Even your beloved Spurs has supporters clubs (http://www.mehstg.com/supportclubs.htm) here there and everywhere. My ex's dad was born and bred in Bow (so is a proper cockney) but is a Spurs supporter. My ex, of course is a West Ham fan, and has the gob to prove it. :erm:

Thats becase Man U fans are by far and away the worst offenders.

superbiatch
02-09-2007, 14:44
This is one of my faves also, FA Cup 3rd round (Liverpool 5 v Luton 3) What a game that was ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P276xS9d7M

Alonso's goal was just class!

Mal
02-09-2007, 14:45
...but the fact that other clubs have the same problem is not an issue to you then?

pedantic
02-09-2007, 14:48

And, of course, you have the official statistics, to substantiate your claims ?

punky
02-09-2007, 14:49
...and the suggestion that it is just Utd is also silly. As far as I am aware, the OP is from Blackpool, yet supports Liverpool, but only the Utd fans got the stick. It happens to other teams as well.

I never said it was just Utd which shows you didn't read my post, as well as your other comments in that posts which suggest this.

And for someone who doesn't care, you seem to go to a lot off effort to prove your Old Trafford local credentials.

And anyway, maybe you'll be happy with 99% of fans supporting Man Utd and the rest of the league getting 1% and what that will do to the enjoyment of football. Maybe you think its petty, but I don't. The gulf between the Premiership and Championship is already widened so much that a promotion from the Championship almost guarantees relegation from the Premiership the next season. I'm just being petty though.

Mal
02-09-2007, 14:54
I never said it was just Utd which shows you didn't read my post, as well as your other comments in that posts which suggest this.

And for someone who doesn't care, you seem to go to a lot off effort to prove your Old Trafford local credentials.

And anyway, maybe you'll be happy with 99% of fans supporting Man Utd and the rest of the league getting 1% and what that will do to the enjoyment of football. Maybe you think its petty, but I don't. The gulf between the Premiership and Championship is already widened so much that a promotion from the Championship almost guarantees relegation from the Premiership the next season. I'm just being petty though.Did I say you? It was in the spirit of the having a go at just Utd theme, that seemed to started...

Also, where I am bigging up my Old Trafford credentials?

...and I didn't say that everyone had to support Utd. I was saying that they had the freedom of choice to choose whichever club they choose. Whether that is Utd or Accrington Stanley is upto them...

Shadow Demon UK
02-09-2007, 14:55
I really don't understand why people have a problem with which team other people support? Why on earth does it matter where they were born or live? I might have a problem if they went from team to team every few years depending on success, but if they have chosen a team and stick with them i honestly don't see the problem? And saying that it's just United is ridiculous.

punky
02-09-2007, 14:59

Again, I didn't say it was just Man Utd.

There's nothing wrong with having supporters clubs around the country. As I said, people don't live and die in the same street anymore. If I moved to Manchester, i'd still passionately support Spurs.

What's wrong, and a blight on football are little kids who choose what team to support by looking at a results table or because of one charismatic player. What if everyone supported the same team? The future of football relies on diverse, geographical support for all teams.

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

I really don't understand why people have a problem with which team other people support? Why on earth does it matter where they were born or live? I might have a problem if they went from team to team every few years depending on success, but if they have chosen a team and stick with them i honestly don't see the problem? And saying that it's just United is ridiculous.

Man Utd fans aren't going to complain. They've done very well with the financial support of glory supporters. But to the rest of the football league who are trying to compete with a couple of massive clubs, it is a problem.

Mal
02-09-2007, 15:00
Anyway, this the way that it was supposed, everyone arguing...

My favourite match... The Utd game at Newcastle, where Cantona scored and helped us beat Newcastle to the title...

punky
02-09-2007, 15:01
I never wanted/meant to hijack this thread. I've said my piece, and if you don't think that glory-supporting is a danger to football, then we'll have to agree to disagree.

pedantic
02-09-2007, 15:06
Again, I didn't say it was just Man Utd.

There's nothing wrong with having supporters clubs around the country. As I said, people don't live and die in the street anymore. If I moved to Manchester, i'd still passionately support Spurs.

What's wrong, and a blight on football are little kids who choose what team to support by looking at a results table or because of one charismatic player. What if everyone supported the same team? The future of football relies on diverse, geographical support for all teams.

I understand the points you make, I was merely stating, it's always directed at Man U. Liverpool were doing it for years, and nothing was mentioned. And even now, they have thousands of out of towners, and still the focus is on Man U. This makes me laugh no end.

As a Man U fan, I take no pride, in so many out of towners, and indeed, people from other countries supporting them. It's because of this that many locals aren't going to games anymore (as well as the extortionate prices being charged). But as has been said, people have the freedom to watch who they like.

punky
02-09-2007, 15:33
I didn't want to reply, but I think I need to re-clarify what I said before. Its not just United. In the last couple of years Its gone a long way towards Chelsea. Much more so that Liverpool. And i'd still feel this way if everyone in the country decided to support Spurs. Not just for the reasons in your second paragraph.

Cerberus
02-09-2007, 15:40
Burnley V Leyton Orient and the Clarets had to win to stay in the league and stay alive.

kingbuxton
02-09-2007, 16:49
During the 80's, at School, off the top of my head, 12 friends, all supported Liverpool, I live, was born and went to School about half way between OT and the old Burnden Park. I started to support them the season after they came back up from the old 2nd Div, I was only just walking let alone kicking, a season in which OT was full week in week out. Off topic maybe, but you can't put UTD on a forum without someone breaking out the old record and sticking it on repeat. Glory hunters aren't killing football, fair weather supporters are. Reebok is empty all the time, I know plenty of BWFC supporters, can tell you fact none of them go to watch a game. Yet the ground is full when Man Utd play there! So is it that all BWFC fans have put on a UTD shirt or a Chelsea shirt, or is it tht they basically can only be arsed buying a ticket when the big names are in town?

homealone
02-09-2007, 18:56
I'm not dismissing any of the points that have been made, but this thread is about a favourite match, not a favourite team, I'd like to think that even the most ardent fan would appreciate performances by other teams, especially in non-league competition.

I chose an European Cup match, that was one of the first televised games I had ever seen & it made a big impression, and just happened to be Man Utd. I don't 'support' Man Utd - but, unfortunately Grimsby Town don't make it to the Champion's League, that often ;)

If the thread was about which of your favourite teams matches, is your favourite, it would be a different matter :shrug:

TheDaddy
05-09-2007, 20:35
Favourite football matches?? Hmmmm.. they'll be the ones which West Ham win.

:)

It's not always about winning ;)

1991 FA cup semi final West Ham vs Nottm Forest, if you were there you'd know why

sir_drinks_alot
12-09-2007, 07:55
The Coventry City vs Tottenham Hotspur fa cup final of 87 it had everything a Classic Game of foorball should have and more i will sit down and watch the dvd tonight :)

skyblueheroes
12-09-2007, 18:02
The Coventry City vs Tottenham Hotspur fa cup final of 87 it had everything a Classic Game of foorball should have and more i will sit down and watch the dvd tonight :)

:tu:

Well said that man.

yesman
12-09-2007, 19:46
It's not always about winning ;)

1991 FA cup semi final West Ham vs Nottm Forest, if you were there you'd know why

Enlighten the rest of us then !!!!!!!
Or was it a cracking game?

TheDaddy
12-09-2007, 19:51
Enlighten the rest of us then !!!!!!!
Or was it a cracking game?

Nah it was a crap game, we lost four nil, Tony Gale sent of after 20 mins wrecked it, legendary performance from our fans though ;)

Derek
13-09-2007, 16:15
I think everyone from North of the border has a new favourite since last night :D

TheBlueRaja
13-09-2007, 16:23
Actually, im sticking with the first match simply because i was there and nobody really thought we had a chance.

Still, im sure IF i had actually been there last night you would be right...

ikthius
13-09-2007, 16:44
the first time I have seen Scotland look like a professional outfit, and not just some school boys.

what a cracking game, I know we could take the rip out ourselves, but there is belief now

ik

wwe
13-12-2008, 04:11
i liked the one when it was liverpool car't remmber the orther team but we beat them 12-0

sk8er_boi6000
13-12-2008, 21:16
As a Liverpool fan, nothing for me will ever beat the 2005 champions league final. With the possible exception of the conclusion to this year's Brazilian grand prix, no sporting event will ever top that in terms of the amazement factor.

It's the old, old story. Liverpool had it in the 70's and 80's. Chelsea have it now. Any team that wins gets the leachers. Never assume that UTD can't fill OT when the success falls off, it's folly. It was full in the old second Div, was full in the 70's 80's and 90's and still is. When all the hangers on leach onto someone else, the real fans will get a chance. As is everything involving UTD it get picked on and amplified.

I may be an oddity amongst Liverpool fans these days, but I dislike Chelsea more than I dislike United, for the simple reason that I find their fans to have an unflappable arrogance that far outstrips their team's relatively meager achievements, the fact is without Abramovic's billions Chelsea would still be a small club. Whilst I don't overly like United, at least they actually earnt some of their success, rather than buying it like Chelsea have.

Niles Crane
14-12-2008, 12:11
As a Liverpool fan, nothing for me will ever beat the 2005 champions league final. With the possible exception of the conclusion to this year's Brazilian grand prix, no sporting event will ever top that in terms of the amazement factor.

I may be an oddity amongst Liverpool fans these days, but I dislike Chelsea more than I dislike United, for the simple reason that I find their fans to have an unflappable arrogance that far outstrips their team's relatively meager achievements, the fact is without Abramovic's billions Chelsea would still be a small club. Whilst I don't overly like United, at least they actually earnt some of their success, rather than buying it like Chelsea have.

Perhaps not even that. People rarely seem to mention Chelsea nearly went bankrupt before he came in and rescued them. It's like a conveniently forgotten part of history.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2407342/Chelsea-saviour-arrived-in-time-for-andpound23m-bill.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2407056/Russian-faces-150m-bill-to-get-ball-rolling.html

Speaking of Chelsea, one of my favourite matches is Chelsea 2 - 3 Arsenal at Stamford Bridge, in October 2000 if i recall correctly.
Chelsea led 2-0 with 20 minutes to go, then on came Nwankwo Kanu to score a hat-trick, with this glorious goal as the winner: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Czmy4iOOhIA

Good times.

Arthurgray50@blu
09-02-2009, 21:10
I think my best game was, when Tottenham played Norwich (i think) in the League Cup Final many years ago, I was at Wembley, and was bursting to go to the toilet, and it was the last five minutes, and so l thought it was going to extra time, so l went to the toilet, and when l went back in, l found out that Coates and scored and Spurs had won, so by the time l got home, l missed the Tv highlights as well - all over the toilet.

adams11
25-02-2009, 20:44
I liked the Liverpool V Derby match that ended 5-0

kingbuxton
29-03-2009, 19:47
Man Utd 4 - Real Madrid 3 (We went out on away goals) Becks last game. Strange evening, the sky was red and it was hot as hell inside the ground.

Ronaldo got a Hat-trick and a standing ovation from the entire ground. Becks won it from the bench. And I got to see Zidane and Figo play.

wwe
01-04-2009, 00:53
man u 1 liverpool 4 about 2 weeks ago it was

matt-h
16-05-2009, 18:14
Has to be the Champs Lge Final of 99

Nerves were shredded but history ( thats a fact rafa ) was made

Damien
19-05-2009, 21:04
A few years ago. Crystal Palace were 3 games away from the end of the season and far, far adrift from the rest of the pack. Certain to go down. The manager was sacked and the assistant had taken over and they won their last two games and had a chance of survival, albeit a slim one.

Anyway, one of the results had gone ok but the other team, who Palace needed to get a better score than were ahead. Suddenly in the 80th minute they conceded leaving Palace ready for the win. In the 90th minute Palace scored :) Securing their palace in the league. :)

Also when Arsenal one the Premership at old Trafford. When Arsenal came back from 2 - 0 at half time to 3 -2 at full time with Henry scoring the final goal in the last moments of the game. I quite liked the Liverpool vs Arsenal game (4-4) from this season though.

Sox
11-08-2009, 20:46
I have quite a few Number 1 would have to be Liverpool 3 BMG 1 in Rome in 1977 the almost 4 day trip on a smelly sweaty train was well worth it.
Others 2005,1981,1984,1978 European Finals.1986& 1989&1974&1965 FA cup finals.The 1-0 win at Stamford Bridge was special too as it was the first part of the double.
They would be my top 10 I think.

Matty_
12-08-2009, 12:23
Mines not so astute but still memorable for the blue half of Manchester.

It was the 88-89 season promotion play-off game against Gillingham where Paul Dickov scored in the 95th minute to take the game to extra-time which we ending up winning......yay

That was the "Year of the Goat".......;)

wwe
12-06-2010, 19:26
i went to wembley last month seen the final where blackpool played it was a well good match both teams played really well

Maggy
12-06-2010, 19:32
i went to wembley last month seen the final where blackpool played it was a well good match both teams played really well

I went to Blackpool last month on the day that Blackpool played the final..It was an interesting experience.

wwe
13-06-2010, 20:58
I went to Blackpool last month on the day that Blackpool played the final..It was an interesting experience.

what was it like as i was at the game was there many people around