PDA

View Full Version : A strange incoming call problem

Mal
28-08-2007, 21:44
I don't if anybody know the answer to this, probably to ring faults, but here goes anyway...

On my landline, I do not have any problems dialling out, but receiving calls is another matter.

The caller dials my number, it rings once and it sounds like the call has connected, but all they hear is crackling and an echo, you know like if someone has answered, but they have dropped the handset and are fumbling with it. My phone flashes up once saying that there is an incoming call, but then it ends and goes back to normal. Though if I now answer the phone, even though it may look like the call has gone (and if the caller hasn't hung up), I will be connected to the incoming call. Also, it seems to allow some incoming calls to ring through normal. I have tried using my mobile and I have asked other people, on different networks to ring me...some get through, most don't.

I also have 2 handsets on the line, one cordless and one wired. The problem happens on both.

Like I said, it's probably a call to the faults department, but I was just wondering if anyone knew what has happened...

Chris
28-08-2007, 21:51
Call faults!

spiderman2
30-08-2007, 05:38
hav u tried only one corded phone in ur master socket ..
i guess its to with the extentions that u r using ...
try & post results ...

fatassmichael
30-08-2007, 23:38
Or try using a completely different phone, if you can.