PDA

View Full Version : Caler Display

privateb
27-08-2007, 19:15
Hi guys does any one know weather VM do a caller display service and if so do you know the price of it.?

Thanks

Pedro1
27-08-2007, 19:41
Yea they sure do m8. My caller display is getting charged at £1.75.

Well worth it when you don't want to talk to a particular person.

£1.75 a month that is.......

Stuart
27-08-2007, 20:17
Whether you can get Caller ID or not depends on the area you are in. AFAIK, most of the ex-telewest areas can, but a lot of the ex-ntl areas (particularly those on the Bromley network) don't.

Pedro1
27-08-2007, 20:22
Whether you can get Caller ID or not depends on the area you are in. AFAIK, most of the ex-telewest areas can, but a lot of the ex-ntl areas (particularly those on the Bromley network) don't.

Stu you are right there. Some areas it still aint enabled.

He is better calling them up to find out.

dave_dph
27-08-2007, 21:56

All of the ex-TW franchises have Caller Display.

spiderman2
30-08-2007, 05:39
Hi guys does any one know weather VM do a caller display service and if so do you know the price of it.?

Thanks

whats ur postcode ??
i'll find it for u ...

Paul K
30-08-2007, 08:34
We got told it was avaliable in our area (RM13) and it wasn't. 2 years later we rang to cancel as we were fed up with waiting for it and were told "Callerd ID is ready in your area". Sometimes you talk to CS and they haven't got a clue as to how to check things properly. We were lied to continuously for several years about caller ID being enabled in our area. Eventually we left.

goldoni
30-08-2007, 09:33
Yea they sure do m8. My caller display is getting charged at £1.75.

Well worth it when you don't want to talk to a particular person.

£1.75 a month that is.......

or £3.50 for them all I live in SG6 area Letchworth and its up and working as soon as I put the phone down, well worth it.

Nikesh
30-08-2007, 10:21
I'm ex-ntl and I get Caller Display... best thing to do is ring them up and ask. :)

goldoni
30-08-2007, 18:12
Can anybody tell me what the codes are so I can use the functions? I was meant to get an email with all the codes.

MrChef
30-08-2007, 20:39
Not all cordless phone are compatible with cable though for caller display

AlabasterLyn
13-09-2007, 16:49
whats ur postcode ??
i'll find it for u ...

Would you happen to know if it's ever going to be enabled in the WD17 area? I have been waiting for years and years for it and get fed up getting contradictory responses from Customer Service :rolleyes:

highway1
13-09-2007, 21:05
virgin said to me b4 was 100% tranfer bt to virgin .
rang 151 and got the news NOT IN MY AREA is due SOON.
BE no DETAILS.

but in 12 months contrack

Robert M
21-09-2007, 18:00
I've taken cable broadband for many years but until now I had resisted taking any other service. However, a couple of months ago I let my guard slip when the Virginmedia sales guy rang me for the umpteenth time and I signed up for the telephone service on the assurance of the sales guy that I would get all the services I got from BT.
They duly came and installed the phone and lo and behold no caller display! During the last two months I have rung them several times to complain and experienced the usual excuses - oh we're looking into it /it's not included in the standard charge/it needs to be activated - when finally today they admitted that it is not available in my area! I'm now going to cancel my contract because caller display is an essential service for me. They may try to hold me to the twelve month contract but they have clearly sold me a pup!

highway1
23-09-2007, 16:40
update caller id , if not in ur area NOW they will not be adding it EVER .
got word on friday . told me if bt does it go for it and leave and they hang up .

injuneer
23-09-2007, 19:24
Same old story, they won't spend the money for the required modifications in the network, been going on for years now.:erm:

goldoni
24-09-2007, 17:25
Some people are never Happy! I have caller display, the full works for £3.50 but sadly no instructions on how to use the service.

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer The slings and arrows of Virgin Media. To use or not to use that is the question. Or to take arms against a sea of troubles, by opposing end thy contract with Virgin Media With a bare bodkin?