PDA

View Full Version : Moving house, will i get a modem?

Ben B
27-08-2007, 19:04
I am moving house in a couple of weeks and get my broadband through my Samsung STB. When I move will i get a modem or will i still have to go through the STB cause i heard that all new set ups now have seperate modems. The computer at the minute is in the same room as my tv but when i move it wont be.

Raistlin
27-08-2007, 19:07
I think it used to depend on what area you moved into (certainly under NTL it did).

Tech_Boy
27-08-2007, 23:21
We no longer supply new customers with BB through a STB (thank god) all new customers have a modem, which is much easier to tech & can handle the higher speeds, also when something does go wrong, much easier to sort out.

So you'll prolly have a modem.

Ben B
28-08-2007, 02:08
OK. Thanks for all your help :)

clar2242
28-08-2007, 11:00
i recently moved house (2 weeks ago) and transfered my VM to my new flat.

I asked the installer about getting a modem instead of getting my internet thru the STB, and he said he only hooks up what you already have.
I wanted the internet in a different room, but nothing he could do.

It might be worth asking the move team about it when you phone up to arrange it.

Ben B
15-09-2007, 16:35
moved house last week and the vm engineer came today and installed a brand new vm 255 modem. didn't take long for him to install everything because the house is already cabled and we had already set up the stb so all he had to do was drill a hole in the dining room and stretch a length of cable to the box in the front garden