PDA

View Full Version : Routing Issues Yet Again

scrotnig
25-08-2007, 14:01
Once again in Manchester numerous sites are unavailable without setting a manual proxy...which of course is getting increasingly difficult to do as they are switching them all off.

Like many others I find it deplorable that I am expected to pay upwards of £5 in phone charges just to report this issue, which from previous experience they won't remotely understand. last time I bothered to try, after being told to check my email settings, I was informed that if I was unable to access a certain site I should simply use another site, as access to individual websites could not be guaranteed.

I'd leave except every other ISP is as bad.

I have been on ntl broadband since 2000, and the gradual deterioration in the service is getting more and more obvious. My "20mb" service hits 3mb at best, and apparently that's perfectly acceptable.

If I had the time or the inclination I'd prove them legally that they are wrong on things like that. But since there is no viable alternative supplier I just soldier on.

I got them to discount it heavily a few months ago because of the rapid deterioration. NTL were bad enough but since the rebrand the situation has been getting much worse, much faster.

AbyssUnderground
25-08-2007, 15:43
Use webcache.virginmedia.com if you need a cache setting.

dev
25-08-2007, 16:06
another rant? what sites arent working? where are the routing issues?

scrotnig
25-08-2007, 16:15
another rant? what sites arent working? where are the routing issues?
The main one is one of my own, which I'm not keen to post the link to everywhere because I don't want spam accusations. However suffice to say it's hosted in the States and the only way to access it at present is via an ntl proxy. Other sites in America are giving similar issues, some intermittently.

It's the same thing I've seen loads of times before, it's not a problem with anything on my site because I have numerous users who are not reporting the same problem, and I can switch to dialup and access it fine.

goldoni
26-08-2007, 00:30
I have just found this from post from reggplant have a look at his post LINK (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34379543-post3.html)
its sorted my problems :p: