PDA

View Full Version : Golf

gazzae
25-08-2007, 00:21
Any other golfers on here?

Getting really peed off with the game at the mo. Used to average in the low 90s now i'm struggling to break 100.

Was out this evening pared 3 holes and birdied 1 but blew up on about 5 others.

Hit a good hybrid from the rough about 200 yards which ended in the greenside bunker. Hit my bunker shot to about 6" and rolled the putt in for a par. The next hole I hit a terrible slice on my drive hit a five iron so fat it nearly broke my wrists and then thinned my wedge over the green. Ended up taking a 9.

Thinking of getting a couple of lessons see if it helps, but am tempted to put the clubs away for a while and take a break

videodj
25-08-2007, 03:47
Any other golfers on here?

Getting really peed off with the game at the mo. Used to average in the low 90s now i'm struggling to break 100.

Was out this evening pared 3 holes and birdied 1 but blew up on about 5 others.

Hit a good hybrid from the rough about 200 yards which ended in the greenside bunker. Hit my bunker shot to about 6" and rolled the putt in for a par. The next hole I hit a terrible slice on my drive hit a five iron so fat it nearly broke my wrists and then thinned my wedge over the green. Ended up taking a 9.

Thinking of getting a couple of lessons see if it helps, but am tempted to put the clubs away for a while and take a break

Lessons will definitely help.

I used to play 3-4 times a week, got my handicap down to 18 and couldn't get lower, I'd play good holes then shoot a ten. More so in a competition. I just couldn't seem to put a decent round together. I got frustrated and that just made me worse. I can shoot par's, birdies, etc, just inconsistent!

I took a break for about a year and now play once a month or so, I enjoy it more and tend to score better these days, my worse score on a hole being no more than a double bogey.:)

bayonet
25-08-2007, 06:47
I would recommend getting some lessons had lessons earlier this year and my game has improved no end. Didn't realise how bad my game was until I had the lessons

Reading your post it doesn't sound too much of a problem just lack of playing and the weather this year has been cr*p with a capital K. I play off 16 and try to get out most weekends. Days of playing competitions are way behind me I just play socially now and we have a society at work that plays once a month at different courses

See www.matrixcourtgolf.co.uk (http://www.matrixcourtgolf.co.uk) and try this site as well for tips and ideas www.golfmagic.com (http://www.golfmagic.com)

gazzae
25-08-2007, 23:51
Went to the range today and hitting the ball fine, but there is no pressure on the range so I guess its a mental thing when out on the course. Will still sort a lesson though. Am also going to get a new set of clubs at xmas will get them custom fitted too.

bayonet
26-08-2007, 08:33
It also gives a different feel to hit it off grass uneven stances uneven lies but the range does have an effect. Hit a bucket before playing yesterday and it did help

Here's my course http://www.ourgolfclub.co.uk/main.htm