PDA

View Full Version : Premium Rate Technical Support Sucks

nikconnor
24-08-2007, 22:11
25p a minute to call overseas sounds a bit expensive to me????

Just spent the last three nights onto the Tech. Support Line, to try and improve my connection speed as it has been slow for a few days, even after they sent a new cable modem.
Spoke to various 'overseas' staff on different occasions, to no avail.

The best one was last night when a female called 'her5hitta' (no kidding, i asked twice to spell it) called me back after my 15 mins at 25p. She was on the phone for over 98 minutes, and then blamed it on 'technical difficulties' in the area and i should phone back in 24-48 hours ( another wasted evening in).

Called back this evening to spend another 2 hours total, getting nowhere.:td:

Eventually got someone from the UK, but he said he would call back over an hour ago 9 (im still waiting)

It seems to be a common theme here about the elusive 20mb speed, at present the best i can get consistently is 3-4mb.

So i would not bother wasting your money, unless you really have too.

ps, i did get a promise of a £7 credit after i complained again today to 150.

btw, free phone calls day and night, 20mb broadband and the TV Large for £42 is OK, is it ?

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/08/21.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

willas00
24-08-2007, 22:22
The cost of the call does suck really. Ive been lucky so far only got through to 1 bloke that cant speak english others have all been UK. If we have to pay we should get UK Call centres not indean call centres they should be free!

goldoni
24-08-2007, 22:47
If you’re happy with the price you pay it’s cool

You don’t say what area you live. I live in Letchworth (the town without a sheriff) and we have a problem in the area with it being oversubscribed. I am on 20Mb/s service and while using a Wifi connection I get just a little more than is shown or your speed test.

If I connect the modem directly to my laptop I get about 14Mb/s