PDA

View Full Version : Moved house, no ready light, unable to access autoreg.autoregister

Mr_Grinch
20-08-2007, 13:11
Sorry for the long title!

Ok, I moved house and took Cable with me. The previous occupants of the house also had cable, so when I got in there, I plugged everything in and away I went! Nice and simple.

A day or two later, Virgin media swapped the account details over (essentially so I wasn't using their service I take it). Since then I haven't been able to access the internet. The ready light on the modem (250) flashes then remains off. The sync light is solid. A quick peak at the modem gives a "Forwarding Denied" error message on the status page (I think, I'm not at home so can't double check).

I received my quick start pack, which came with a new pin (such as what I entered 7 months back in my old house). I did not receive a new setup cd, nor do I still have the old one! I've tried accessing autoreg.autoregister.net (and the ip for it which I can't remember off the top ) from several pcs (directly connected to modem via ethernet, connected to router etc) and am unable to (nor am I able to ping it).

I've requested a new setup cd, but am I correct in thinking it pretty much just forwards me to the above address? Is there anything else I can try to get myself up and running?

I can't try anything/provide you with any more information at present (house is 40mins away and I'm at work) but if people could suggest anything I could try tonight, that'd be appreciated.

Thanks folks!

Paul K
20-08-2007, 13:45
You need to call them and make sure that the feed at the new address is actually live. It may have been disconnected when the old tennants ended their contract.

Mr_Grinch
20-08-2007, 13:49
I called them when the quick start pack arrived and they confirmed everything was ready to go. The guy on the phone said I "may" need to run my setup cd though.

nicke261192
20-08-2007, 14:04
You only need the CD if your connecting via USB

Mr_Grinch
20-08-2007, 14:49
I was under the impression it didn't just install USB drivers?

Regardless I'm taking it the ready light should be on?