PDA

View Full Version : woes

klunketh
16-08-2007, 17:53
Didnt realise this forum was still around (i used it a few years back). Ok long story bit.
Bought my modem(Motorola surfboard SB4100) from an offer with NTL(could either rent it or buy it off them over time) about 5-6 years ago at least. Tuesday morning this week my internet starts going off and on every 5 mins, i leave it thinking its just Virgin messing around, next day its still same so i ask my neighbour and theres is fine, so i guess its my modem.
I can access the internet for about 5-20 seconds, then the modem re starts itself, over and over again. Last night i rang CS, they said ring broadband CS which i did, they said something about my mac address not been validated and they couldnt do anything about it, ring back virgin CS, this went on for about 3 hours till i had enough. Thought i would try back here before i get back on the phones again.
Other info, i live in DN16 area, ive tried modem with and without router, tried it on other computers and still same, pinging anywhere useally has "could not find host" , my ip is 192.168.1.136.. I have disconnected everything and left it for 10 mins etc, registering here and posting this has took over an hour :[
Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? im sure i registered my mac way back when, plus i wouldnt off been able to use my modem if it wasnt?
Thx in advance

punky
16-08-2007, 18:16
Just a word of warning, its not good to post your IP on the forum. However, as its your internal IP, it doesn't matter. Posting your external IP (probably starts with an 8) would be a bad idea.

klunketh
16-08-2007, 19:37
ok, noted :] .Another annoyance i had last night was that Virgin CS said they were unable to ring the broadband help( a 0906 number).

xpod
16-08-2007, 19:48
ok, noted :] .Another annoyance i had last night was that Virgin CS said they were unable to ring the broadband help( a 0906 number).

Unfortunately since the new call charges came into effect internal call forwarding between tech support and cs etc is no longer possible i was told.
I could`nt have tech support call cs to have my bill sorted either and had to do so myself.This was usually all done by the tech in the past.

EDIT....in my cases anyway

klunketh
21-08-2007, 16:21
My problem still ongoing :mad: they say my mac address is assigned to me but when they open my acct its not there, some problem they have never seen, im thinking of closing my account. Could i close it completly, then get my wife to open one under her name, i would get a new modem and get a better package for what im paying now?