PDA

View Full Version : NTL phoneline

dave123
11-08-2007, 21:13
My sister has just moved into a new flat which has an NTL phoneline. She currently has a BT phone from her old place plugged into it and it does not work. I'm not great with these things myself so if somene here could help that would be great! I'm aware that ntl is now virgin media, so does her phone have to be a specific phone or does any phone do the job. While its plugged in she does not recieve a dead tone, does she just need to phone virgin media and get the line sorted and paid for to recieve the dead/dial tone?

So basically does she need a diferent phone? Or phone virgin? Is the connection the same size r should she have a different phone connection (I've not seen the phone problem myself so dont know if its different), And is virgin media a recommended broadband and phoneline.....not worried about TV but the phone and broadband will need to be reliable etc.

Cheers

busboy125
11-08-2007, 21:16
My sister has just moved into a new flat which has an NTL phoneline. She currently has a BT phone from her old place plugged into it and it does not work. I'm not great with these things myself so if somene here could help that would be great! I'm aware that ntl is now virgin media, so does her phone have to be a specific phone or does any phone do the job. While its plugged in she does not recieve a dead tone, does she just need to phone virgin media and get the line sorted and paid for to recieve the dead/dial tone?

So basically does she need a diferent phone? Or phone virgin? Is the connection the same size r should she have a different phone connection (I've not seen the phone problem myself so dont know if its different), And is virgin media a recommended broadband and phoneline.....not worried about TV but the phone and broadband will need to be reliable etc.

Cheers

I would ring up VM and see if the line is up and running and active. As long as the handset was working before there should be no problem. I have phone and BB. My reliability is 2nd to none.!! Hope this helps

dave123
12-08-2007, 10:51
I would ring up VM and see if the line is up and running and active. As long as the handset was working before there should be no problem. I have phone and BB. My reliability is 2nd to none.!! Hope this helps

Ok, thanks alot, I shall give them a call later today.

busboy125
14-08-2007, 12:44
Ok, thanks alot, I shall give them a call later today.

How did it go??