PDA

View Full Version : A modem problem

onehand
10-08-2007, 19:20
High im new to these forums so ill keep it simple.

Ive been with VM now for about 2 months and its been fine ( apart from the drop in speed in the evening ). The other night i went to use the computer and the internet wasnt working, so i looked at the modem and the SYNC light was constantly flashing, so i unplugged the modem and let it cool down and still the light was flashing when i plugged it back on, so i reset the modem in the modem options and still the light was flashing. I left it for a hour or so, After that i went back to it and everything seemed to be working fine. I then loaded up grabit my newsgroup software and the downloads i was getting like would be 30kbs max. I looked at the modem and the ENET / SEND / RECV lights where flashing like normal for a few seconds then going of for a few seconds and its been like this ever since. Ive tried downloading from other sites like MSN/FILEPLANET and the virgin game download one but its still the same stop-start-stop-start. I rang tech support and made sure i tried everything i could think of trying - Diff comp, diff efnet cable - and he said they will send me an engineer out next week because the ENET light should be on constant.

Has anyone came across this problem before? The engineer said my lines working fine

moaningmags
11-08-2007, 02:44
The enet light should only be solid if theres huge amounts of throughput.
When hubby plays WoW it's constant, other than that it flashes.

GazzaB
11-08-2007, 11:37
Hi and welcome!

Sounds like there is a network issue or modem fault which an engineer needs to sort. Nothing you can do as its not a problem on your machine so its a matter of waiting for Virgin to book you one!

Best of luck!;)