PDA

View Full Version : How long???

Nidge
10-08-2007, 18:17
Do you have to take a car back to a dealer? I've jsut bought a car from a dealer and I'm having few troubles with it, when I picked it up he said it's been MOT'D and serviced all he had to do was put the tax in the front screen, when I drove off I heard a rumbling noise coming from the back end, I went home and phoned the dealer up who said bring it down when you've had your tea. Off I went back the delaer got in and we went a drive, the noise was there but all he said was I can't hear nothing, he must have been deaf because the noise was there, when we got back to the garage he said it might be the low profile tyres causing it to rumble:confused::confused::confused: I said I'll leave it a few days and see if it gets any worse, the next day it was worse, by this time I'm getting well P***ED off I got home from work and phoned the dealer up and launched into him big style saying if something is not sorted by next week I'm bringing the car back and canncelling the finance. Can I do this or have I got to grin and bear it?

handyman
10-08-2007, 18:23
If it is on finance threaten to complain to the FSA which always helps. That said you can complain to your finance company that it is not fit for purpose and not as it should be and they should get involved.

If you do end up canceling your finance docs and end up with another car for some reason pm me before sign up and I'll give the figures a once over , see if it can't be improved in your favour.

Nidge
10-08-2007, 20:27
If it is on finance threaten to complain to the FSA which always helps. That said you can complain to your finance company that it is not fit for purpose and not as it should be and they should get involved.

If you do end up canceling your finance docs and end up with another car for some reason pm me before sign up and I'll give the figures a once over , see if it can't be improved in your favour.

Cheers mate good advice thanks for the help, I've got to go back on Monday to see the sales rep who sold me the car, he's been off all this week. I'm also waiting for the service book and the instruction manual which it didn't have, I didn't know this till I'd got the keys for the car.

handyman
11-08-2007, 12:13
The very 1st thing on the salesmans mind is getting the car off the forecourt. They get commision only when that happens. Customer service and making sure the car is working is not their concern. Also once it's off the forcourt their job is ended.

bw41101
11-08-2007, 12:26
judging by what you describe the vehicle is not fit for purpose and could (worst case scenario) pose a danger. The company that sold you the vehicle has a duty of care to ensure that the vehicle is roadworthy.

In view of this you can pursue a course of action as described by those who have already answered this thread. However, have you tried contacting you local Trading Standards officer? I've found (in the past) that results often follow when they've got involved.

You should be able to find same in your Yellow pages.

Good luck and Si thee